Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Talked **** about Jericho and Mox

I mean, both of the two mentioned are also notorious for freely talking stick themselves, the former being overly sensitive when anyone calls him out on it and the other being the exact opposite and not giving a hoot.  I haven't seen/heard the footage of what Punk said, but both Jericho and Mox have reasonable instances as to why they deserve to have certain things called out about them.  Does that make Punk a hypocrite?  Maybe.  But I don't think Phil's ever really denied he is, or can be a hypocrite, and - ironically similar to Mox - he doesn't really care if people think that or not.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Man, if youre happy with the product you are getting from AEW then Im happy for you, but I am telling you that you are in the minority of the Wresting Viewership. And even more troublesome than current viewers wanting more or being bored by the current product, they arent doing anything to attract new eyes. That is extremely important, regardless if they already have you

And obviously we are watching the shows, how else could we talk so specific about the gaping holes in the product? 

Again, where have we asked that? We are talking about the most basic wrestling set ups that have been told since the beginning of the territory days. 

And any "long term" story telling is almost always derailed by either Injury to the same stars over and over (which you have to be good enough to be able to pivot, and not just wait around) or because Tony is too ADD to stick with what is being built, and its changed under the guise of "its what the fans want"

Again, if you are 100% enjoying the product, more power to you. But if you cant even acknowledge these most basic and glaring issues with what is happening week to week, then you arent the fan we are talking about/too

cmon mang. "if you like it, i'm glad you like it but you're wrong for liking it" 

the product doesn't need to be perfect. i have never cared about the attracting new fans argument. it's weird to me that wrestling fans are obsessed with ratings. cable tv is about dead. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Man, if youre happy with the product you are getting from AEW then Im happy for you, but I am telling you that you are in the minority of the Wresting Viewership. And even more troublesome than current viewers wanting more or being bored by the current product, they arent doing anything to attract new eyes. That is extremely important, regardless if they already have you

And obviously we are watching the shows, how else could we talk so specific about the gaping holes in the product? 

Again, where have we asked that? We are talking about the most basic wrestling set ups that have been told since the beginning of the territory days. 

And any "long term" story telling is almost always derailed by either Injury to the same stars over and over (which you have to be good enough to be able to pivot, and not just wait around) or because Tony is too ADD to stick with what is being built, and its changed under the guise of "its what the fans want"

Again, if you are 100% enjoying the product, more power to you. But if you cant even acknowledge these most basic and glaring issues with what is happening week to week, then you arent the fan we are talking about/too

First of all. AEW has issues. Just like i said no company is perfect. So neither is AEW. But i think they are over exaggerated by some fans.

Than how do u want to determine who likes the product and who doesn't? How do u want to determine if the majority of potential AEW fans likes the product or doesn't? If u want to measure AEW's numbers based on the overall ratings and viewership in comparison to WWE, than i think that's not an accurate assumption. There are WWE fans out there who have no idea about other companies. They aren't caring about anything else. Ofc. that can't be said about every WWE fan and still every fanbase is different as the products are different. I don't like that attitude of AEW should do this or should do that to increase their audience. They are successfull with what they do. They were successfull with this stuff 4 years ago and they still are. They increased their TV presence from 1 2h show to a 2nd 1h show and a new reality show/documentary (whatever All Access will be). There is talk about another saturday show for AEW, potentially starting on july 8th in Regina. A shot that is not advertised as Dynamite or Rampage.

So AEW is a huge success. I just don't like people advising them to change their style to gain more viewers. Hell no. There are literally 800-900k people out there watching the product from the very first day. There are 130-140k people who are buying their PPVs, which are incredible numbers. Why should they change the way they are? They should continue doing their stuff as long as it gets liked by their fanbase.

Kenny Omega vs. El Hijo del Vikingo gained them viewers, although it was just a dream match for a specific fanbase. At least that was the argument a few days ago. AEW is working like that.

Btw. there is also no way to argue about the minority or majority of fanbases who like this or that. That's pure speculation. There are indicators to show how good or bad a show is received by the audience. Ofc. the ratings are one thing, but sometimes there can be weird and be influenced by whatever else is going on that day. They are consistent in the ratings. They had highs and lows. The numbers are also influence by how "hot" a product ist. Btw. the same can be said by ticket sales. But back to the hotness. AEW lost a bit of his after the All Out stuff and ofc after the WWE fired Vince and Triple H took over. That changed the perception. AEW could have potentially prevented the All Out stuff. AEW had no way to prevent the WWE move. It's sometimes stuff like that, that can't be influenced, but that might influence your numbers. I still think it's smart for AEW to look at their fanbase reactions.

So how do u want to measure that? Well it's not possible. You can just take a look at some indicators. The fans here on this board are very small. I'm part of the biggest german wrestling board with probably 50-100 people watching AEW some kind of regularely. Well that's giving a better picture. Ofc. people don't like some stuff. I don't like everything they are doing as well. But overall the vibe is positive, if we're not talking about controversies like CM Punk.

Then you have databases like Cagematch where 100-200 people vote on stuff like that. Ofc. some might tend to be more positive about stuff, so i would reduce those ratings by 0,5-1,0 points and still you can see that Dynamite is still well received by those people. And if u look back to older episodes, u'll see that the number of people who vote on the show increased.

Here a link to the Dynamite list:

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=2287&page=4&showtype=TV-Show&name=(+|^)Dynamite(+|:|$)&noHouseShows=true

U'll also see that the episodes #179 and #176 weren't well received. I'd say they were normal episodes. Nothing special. Bad in comparison to the usual quality of AEW shows. Pretty normal in comparison to the standard including other shows. Btw. the usual quality of AEW products also hurts AEW's perception in my mind. The quality was from time to time so good, that people got used to it. It set a new standard, which ofc. makes it tough for AEW to keep living up to that standard. And still the shows at the beginning of the year shows that they can do it, despite some flaws. The same was shown in the last 2 episodes.

Still this is just an indicator, but as far as i know there is no other way to determine how good or bad an episode was. 100-200 people (ofc the internet fanbase) still aer showing a clear picture. Especially if you can see that they can rate stuff lower, if a show deserves it. So i think a database like Cagematch is still a decent indicator to determine the quality of a show.

And finally let's talk about the last episode. There was a great story from start to finish about all of the Elite/BCC stuff. Despite some weak points, it made the episode enjoyable and good again.

Edit:

Just for the conclusion. It's fine if people don't like a show or a product anymore. That's normal. In the past i felt the same. Then i just stopped watching and checked out other stuff. There is literally so much going on in the world or pro wrestling, that is easily accessable and watchable. There is something out there for everyone and that's the cool thing. I know people who are just watching european promotions. I know people who are just watching Puroresu or Joshiresu. I know people who are exclusively watching WWE. I know a guy who is just watching Impact/NWA. I know people who are just watching AEW/ROH. It's fine if one product doesn't catch you anymore. Just stop watching it for a few weeks or months and check it out later again. There is so much more to discover. We're in the internet. We all should know that stuff. Why should we try to think about ratings, viewers etc.? I don't think that's worth it, because it can reduce the fun who have with pro wrestling. Don't let it get to serious. Wrestling should be fun. It should be 2 (or more guys) beating the **** out of each other. Sometimes it's comedic, sometimes it's hardcore. Sometimes it's highflying and sometimes it's just stupid. But whatever it is. Why should I as a fan care about the numbers to much? I check them out. I know about them and sometimes it's interesting. But actually i'm not thinking that it's worth it to have discussions like this one here. Just watch what u like to watch and don't care to much about stuff that u don't like to watch or that doesn't give u the fun anymore like it once did. Don't think to much about numbers or what AEW could do to increase their audience or whatever. That's something AEW / Tony Khan has to think about. It's their product and they do whatever they want to do. So far it's all fine business wise for them, so why shall we as fans bother to much about it?

Edited by Edge

7 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I mean, both of the two mentioned are also notorious for freely talking stick themselves, the former being overly sensitive when anyone calls him out on it and the other being the exact opposite and not giving a hoot.  I haven't seen/heard the footage of what Punk said, but both Jericho and Mox have reasonable instances as to why they deserve to have certain things called out about them.  Does that make Punk a hypocrite?  Maybe.  But I don't think Phil's ever really denied he is, or can be a hypocrite, and - ironically similar to Mox - he doesn't really care if people think that or not.

It's not about whether he's right or not. It came out of nowhere, and at a minimum you know Mox wasn't talking **** online. Why is he going around burning bridges when there seemed to be a chance he could be back? Unless Tony told him he's done it makes no sense to cause more drama for no reason. When one person has issues with pretty much everyone, everywhere they go, that person is probably the problem.

AEW is the best thing to ever happen to the E/  All the snarky internet wrestling fans who complain about everything they don't completely agree with have found a home there complaining about everything they don't agree with while the E doesn't ahve to deal with it anywhere near as much anymore

31 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Do Roman and Uso's both lose? Just Roman? 
Any chance Cody loses, but then gets an immediate re-match/wins on Monday Night Raw?

With how ****ty the 2nd night is set up, if Cody doesn't win, it's going to be a meh show.

I'm going to attempt to watch and review this two-night monstrosity they still call "WrestleMania" because, at $10/mo on Peacock, they're practically giving it away. Maybe I'll get lucky and see something that vaguely reminds me of the wrestling I once enjoyed so much, 25 years ago. But all I really care about is seeing if Cody Rhodes wins the belt.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

With how ****ty the 2nd night is set up, if Cody doesn't win, it's going to be a meh show.

I mean, I care more about the quality of the wrestling then who gets their hand raised at the end. as long as the matches are good, I'll be happy.

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I mean, I care more about the quality of the wrestling then who gets their hand raised at the end. as long as the matches are good, I'll be happy.

I could obviously be wrong but I don't think day 2 will be great in-ring. You have a four way women's tag team match involving Ronda so it's probably not going to be great (ignorant on my end, I know, but I hope I'm wrong). I hope Gunther-Sheamus-Drew is a banger. Edge vs Demon Finn could be good but I'm not so sure yet. Brock vs Omos is going to be awful lol. Botcha Belair vs Asuka definitely ends with Super Belair getting her hand raised. Then you have Cody-Roman. 

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Demon Finn

Finn is going Demon persona? That's dope.
Brock vs Omos is really the only match that screams stinker. I think Asuka will win, but that's probably just hope/weed talking.

Edited by Jeezla