Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

The irony that a year out from a Wrestlemania that will be in Philadelphia, we have a match that had a legit need for a styptic and crazy glue treatment in the middle of it so it could continue... it's not lost on me.

It has been a very, very long wait but finally we're at the main event.

In Cody Rhodes we have a guy who presents himself as a competitive athlete, who sounds like he means what he says, and who makes me want to watch a match with Roman Reigns in it. That is no small feat, gentlemen.

Amazing entrance by Cody. Hits all the right notes.

6 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

It has been a very, very long wait but finally we're at the main event.

In Cody Rhodes we have a guy who presents himself as a competitive athlete, who sounds like he means what he says, and who makes me want to watch a match with Roman Reigns in it. That is no small feat, gentlemen.

Amazing entrance by Cody. Hits all the right notes.

Just to point out, this feud has had some phenomenal old school booking to it, most notable being you don't let your two main eventers touch until it's in the ring for the match.  You can have the heel try to throw up obstacles and hamstring the babyface (which Roman has done), but the heel himself doesn't lay a finger on the babyface and the babyface won't throw his first punch until the actual match.

• Like 2