Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 2/24/2023 at 10:22 PM, Troy Brown said:

I imagine it's cheaper and they probably were pleased with the return they got on the Rhodes show. And unfortunately no one cares about ring of honor

I understand that, and Im past the RoH campaign I was on (promise I really am) but it was more about just throwing a jab at TK. 

Because in reality, AEW needs another Hour of actual wresting each week, as their few good stories, along with the others they keep pushing that no one really cares about, are already cut short and there is no room to create enough of what their current roster actually needs.

But sure, some contrived "behind the scenes" stuff is going to be great.

IM going to enjoy Revolution, but Im not all that Hyped about it. Its an underwhelming card with some potential major pitfalls for the company, lets just hope they dont fall into them. Lets run down the card

Christian Cage v Jack Perry

• Has to be Jack right? Man that was such a lame recorded promo to answer Christians live promo that was pretty darn good. This has gone too far due to the injuries, which is just unfortunate. But having to keep Luchasaurus out of this due to his Mask/Legal issues is just soooo AEW. Unless they have actually been holding him out to be the next challenge for Jack to defeat before they are ready for him to win a Singles Title (which all seem to be pretty wrapped up right now)

Jamie Hayter (C) v Ruby Soho v Saraya

• The other one that the outcome seems blatantly obvious. Cant pull it off Hayter right now, but I really wish they would actually give her a good feud, especially if they want to hold off the Britt angle for a bit. I will say, having Saraya in a Triple Threat is much better than a 1-on-1, as she cant do that. And Im glad Ruby is getting some shine here, although I would have had her as the new ROH Womens champ. Were still waiting for them to be able to do any stories that dont involve a belt for the women.

Chris Jericho v Ricky Starks

• One of the few surprises here, but I can just see the writing on the wall here. Starks already has a win over Jericho, he has gotten the upper hand on him in Kayfabe, but it seems hard to believe that this feud will end here (the only real win for Starks here is to make him the one to break up the JAS, its time for something new for Jericho anyway) While some are speculating the return of Paul White here, I think Jericho's Ace up the sleeve has been starting us in the face this whole time, Action Andretti. Chris goes to use the bat on Starks, Andretti comes out for the save, but turns on Starks. Nloats the JAS just enough that its time to start stripping it down. Starks has an impassioned promo on Dynamite "Im going to tear the JAS apart, piece by piece, and Im saving that little $#!T Andretti for last"

The Elite (C) v House of Black

• This, like many others feel pretty forced onto this card. With only 4 PPVs per year (not counting Forbidden Door) You'd think most of the matches were well though out with large (not necessarily long, but feel important) builds. Id also like to think that The Elite would actually like to be part of a real program, and not just hold the titles having lack luster one off matches (but we know I could be wrong there). On a card with a 60 Min Iron Man match on it, feels like the shocking beat down and stealing of the titles could have been something they did on the PPV in lieu of an actual match. Have HoB do their spiel, "its not about the gold for us, its about taking away what you love" or whatever. Im probabaly hoping here, but they dont have ,any well build Heel's Trios, they should have the belts and let a bunch of the Babyfaces chase for a while.

The Gunns (C) v Jay Lethal/Jeff Jerrett v The Acclaimed v Orange Cassidy/Danhausen

• Does it really matter who comes out of this? Not really because they are likely just keeping them warm for FTR (they are laying it on alittle to thick to be believable at this point) Gunns are fine to keep them, but is it time for Billy to actually turn back? They wont because of merch, but it would actually make the most kayfabe sense. You can always put titles on Cassidy/Danhausen ,they move so much merch. And I like The Acclaimed, but I need something new from them, especially in ring. Im calling Lethal/Jarrett, because why the heck not? They are the antithesis of "Revolution" but they could be a fun heel run. These titles need to be hot-potatoed alittle bit, it makes the long runs feel more special, not everyone needs them for months.

Jon Moxley v Hangman Page

• Sorry, I just dont care all that much. Mox's blood thing just isnt my style of wrestling. I dont need it Every. Single. Week. and this is probably going to be worse than the Evil Uno match. Hangman needs the win really bad, and Mox needs the vacation really bad. I need a break, its just too repetitive now. Unless they are going to commit to the faction feud, and maybe even bring in Adam Cole as a partner to the Dark Order (they teased it in BTE). But even if you do all that, Hangman still has to have the win here.

Samoa Joe (C) v Wardlow

• I would have said Wardlow before Hobbs won the FotR match. But wouldnt it feel bigger if he takes the belt off of Joe? Doesnt really matter, other than I dont think they want Wardlow having a quick reign, and the wheels feel like they are in motion for Hobbs (as they should be). Honestly Wardlow should be past the TNT championship anyway. Honestly, why arent more of these young and exciting guys going up against MJF?

MJF (C) v Bryan Danielson

• I understand the appeal of putting the Title on Danielson, I really really do (feels like they should have given him the AAC) but if you take the Championship off of MJF already? Would feel pretty wasted. That being said, they have been hyping this for 2 months, with next to zero actual physical interaction from them. So they better have something special planned for this match. better not have no pinfalls, better not have "overtime". MJF needs to either come out of this looking like one of the best Wrestlers in the business, or one of the greatest Master Minds. Anything less should be considered a failure
    • Id have it tied in the last few minutes, like 4-4 or more (using DQs, quick taps, cheating pins) and Danielson can no longer use one of his arms. He has Max caught in a Figure Four, but wont tap because he can see the end of the match is coming. So he GIVES Bryan the Dynamite Dimond Ring, and then makes one last comment about Bryans kids, causing him to lose it and clocks MJF, causing the DQ, with not enough time left to get in another fall, and MJF wins using his mind, just as much as by wrestling. (also mirrors how he got the belt with Regal)

Ricky Starks should be part of the future, and absolutely should be winning the feud over Jericho, but Ricky just being 2-0 with not much else to it is just baffling booking. 

Like why did he go back after Jericho? The way they went about it was more like a Orton/Legend Killer story.

Really wish they could do the little things right

Did we really need it to become a casket/buried alive match? Like did it ad anything to the match or make sense with the story other than the forced promo on Wednesday?

Hinestly it would have felt even more intense if they would have just called it an “unsanctioned match” or whatever new term they want to make up. Have Christopher Daniels or whatever back stage personality preside over it.

Then when Jack finally does the Conchairto, he can break there and have officials or security finally break it up. I stand of adding the awkward casket part

Also super surprised they would add in anything extra pyro/mechanical at a Revolution after their past in such things

Pretty great Trios match. Those two teams really put together some great matchups (when it’s Elite/Death Triangle, it gets to be too much of the sameness)

But man you may have been able to build an entire PPV around that match, seems like such a waste to have so little build up and then just another match in the middle of a crowded card. 

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You can also tell that they are on a time limit with their PPVs. They didn't give the crowd any time to breath after that trios match. Just jumped right into this women's title match.

That’s what happens when you back yourself into a corner with a 60-min Ironman match, and still want to force in 7 others

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

That’s what happens when you back yourself into a corner with a 60-min Ironman match, and still want to force in 7 others

It's a solid product but they got a lot of kinks to still work out. I think I'd take the slow burn nature of the E right now over what AEW has been doing recently. I'm just glad Starks actually got put over. He's probably my favorite guy right now in AEW.

Honestly a bit surprised that they are still committing to this “Outsiders” thing with the women’s division. It’s drawing zero reaction and they botched it before they even started it.

(Also shocked they can’t find a good spray paint, it looks so armature hour compared to what the NWO did)

Atleast Hayter hung on to the belt. But pretending Ruby is going to swing the pendulum here is a fools errand

Just now, beekay414 said:

It's a solid product but they got a lot of kinks to still work out. I think I'd take the slow burn nature of the E right now over what AEW has been doing recently. I'm just glad Starks actually got put over. He's probably my favorite guy right now in AEW.

I agree he should go over, even though I’m less high on him than most. But what is the deal with the story they are going with. From the moment they were building to this match, they were acting like Starks needed to get one back on Jericho, when he was 1-0 on him. He should have atleast stole a really cheap on on Starks on Dynamite, which then kicks off the “no JAS” stipulation (which was broken anyway)

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol I just can't and don't see myself ever getting invested in Mox. 

I can only imagine myself caring if he was full heel. Like doesn’t care what the crowd wants, or what TK wants and is just beating people up. To the point he stats taking losses but doesn’t care as lo as he “wins the fight”

on a side note, why do I always laugh at their “Barbed Wire”? Especially the boards of barbed wire. It isn’t even campy, it’s corny

• Like 1