Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

I said the culmination of this Bloodline story needed to produce a new star. I personally would have made it Solo, going with him as the one to pick up the spot at the Head of the Table (as Roman takes his much deserved time off). But it seems like they want to try it with Jey Uso? 

Not sure I see it, he wasnt much in his singles run if it wasnt going up against Roman. Its going to be very hard to see him as a singular entity with Jimmy still in the business. Now they are only 37 (thought it was much older) so they have time and presumably the career stamina left to try this. Do you think thats who they are pushing out of this feud? Should they be pushing Jey out of this? 

Im enjoying the bloodline story but I just can’t take Sammy serious as a top guy and especially a champion. He’s just too silly. He’s gonna go from someone who was desperate to be in some other family’s group and now possible the champion? Just seems off to me. You didn’t see randy or Batista spend months trying to prove themselves to triple h and flair to be worthy of being in evolution. 

19 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Im enjoying the bloodline story but I just can’t take Sammy serious as a top guy and especially a champion. He’s just too silly. He’s gonna go from someone who was desperate to be in some other family’s group and now possible the champion? Just seems off to me. You didn’t see randy or Batista spend months trying to prove themselves to triple h and flair to be worthy of being in evolution. 

Its because Hes Not. Hes a great guy, one of the best wrestlers and acts that WWE has, but that does not make him a Top Guy in the company

It would be an amazing Pop if he would take a belt (or both) off of Roman. Doing that in Montral would enhance that pop, so would doing it at Mania, but then what...

His fight has never really been with Roman, he has just been a pawn to Roman (more so than all the other pawns) and he has almost never actually been in the good graces of Roman. His fight has always been with the Uso's. Jey was against him from the Jump, but Jimmy and him were boys. Then the second Jey actually defends Sammy, he turns on Roman, and them by extension. And he is now prying the Uso's and the Bloodline apart.

If you were going to have Sammy "end the Bloodline" you have to have a plan for after that. A plan that you know it eleivates sami even more than he already is (I could argue thats not possible) and for that to rub to someone else. But they didnt even actually have a plan to get it this far, so saying there would be a plan for that, is just wishful thinking. 

I still say its Titles vs Career at Elimination Chamber, we get some false finishes, maybe even Roman running a power trip to overturn an initial decision (caused by KO or Jey or something) and Sami is "fired" only to then re-appear at Mania (or the run up) as KO's "mystery" Tag partner under the W' Ginerico gimmick, and win back a Contract that way as the New Undisputed Tag Champs. It still gives him the huge match against Roman, and then a Huge Mania Pop for Belts with his best friend. 

And as the first real crack in the Bloodline's armor, Sami (and KO) become the catalyst for Change in the WWE

Rewatching some rumbles also. Nothing like 1996 when Shawn Michaels lifts up both Yokozuna, and Vader at the same time to eliminate them. 

Also does anyone know which rumble changed the rule to you can be eliminated by someone that was already eliminated.

Edited by Fresh Prince

Maybe just me but this could have been cool, if Austin and Rock were younger. But, Austin beats Roman for the belts. Rock beats Austin to bring the belt's back to the Bloodline at WM. Following WM or SummerSlam, Roman beats Rock to take back the chief. Then, triple threat with Roman/Sammy/KO. They both pin Roman. Belts get split between Sammy and KO.

Just late thinking with nonsense. 😁

On 2/1/2023 at 11:22 AM, bcb1213 said:

To be fair, logically it would make sense for her to want to avenge the Wrestlemania loss from a few years ago.  I can't blame them for that

Also because, if there is anyone in the women's division who is as close to "anointed" as The Future long-term main event draw (particularly with Becky looking like she'll be easing more and more down that Hollywood road as more time passes), it's Rhea.  And what that means most significantly is that if someone's going to get the claim to fame of giving Charlotte Flair her first Mania loss it's not only organic but also serves a purpose in cementing Rhea as a main eventer (and effectively alleviating an void left by Sasha - who, over time, very well could end up back with them, but if it happens it likely won't be until after Becky is a part-timer at best).  We all know that babyface Charlotte gets stale really quickly and you need a catalyst to turn her.  There's money in doing Charlotte vs Bianca, whether they push that to Summerslam or do it sooner, I don't know, but the last step in really elevating Raquel, which I'm confident Haytch wants to do, is by reviving the money feud that made her rise to stardom in NXT - just alignment-swapped - with Rhea; they're best friends and have incredibly chemistry together.

Anyone who listened to the post-RR presser could tell exactly who Rhea was going to challenge - all the participants were still for the most part in kayfabe and planting Easter eggs, even if they did lower the 4th wall occasionally.

Also, if they don't do Roman defending each belt one night and instead just do Roman versus Cody for both belts and let Cody be the one who decides to split the titles, then Charlotte/Rhea has the kind of draw to main event N1 of Mania.

12 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Also, if they don't do Roman defending each belt one night and instead just do Roman versus Cody for both belts and let Cody be the one who decides to split the titles, then Charlotte/Rhea has the kind of draw to main event N1 of Mania.

Do you have any type of feel on whether they're going to split the belts or not?

On 2/1/2023 at 2:27 PM, StLunatic88 said:

I said the culmination of this Bloodline story needed to produce a new star. I personally would have made it Solo, going with him as the one to pick up the spot at the Head of the Table (as Roman takes his much deserved time off). But it seems like they want to try it with Jey Uso? 

Not sure I see it, he wasnt much in his singles run if it wasnt going up against Roman. Its going to be very hard to see him as a singular entity with Jimmy still in the business. Now they are only 37 (thought it was much older) so they have time and presumably the career stamina left to try this. Do you think thats who they are pushing out of this feud? Should they be pushing Jey out of this? 

I still don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Jey is going to side with Sami and KO in this, or even Sami.  Dude was pushing the "brothers have each other's backs" business heavy, and while he could appreciate that Sami had that kind of sentiment for KO, it doesn't mean he wouldn't also feel like he was stabbed in the back too - especially after intervening on Sami's behalf and putting his own sack on the butcher block.  It can be multi-layered, which isn't a bad thing for wrestling when it's done right (not this "we say there are no clear heels and faces because our guys want to be cheered and do hero spots, but also want to be able to cheat and use heel tactics and not get heat for it" we get from other promotions).  Could see Jey go Ronin, they have Heyman pull strings to have Solo fill in for him in a title defense at Mania when Jey says, "Nah, I'm good," to his brother trying to get him back on board; they already laid bare bones for it by Pierce allowing Sami to injury-fill for Jimmy on RAW 300 by allowing the Freebird Rule.  Then have Jey factor into the finish.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Do you have any type of feel on whether they're going to split the belts or not?

Hunter's booking is extremely, extremely similar to Dusty's - and Dusty would typically only do things when they organically made sense.  There's some semblance of organic feel to Cody being the one to do it because it was the WWE/F World Heavyweight Championship that Dusty won-but-then-didn't in MSG in the photo, not the Universal Title.  But how to do it without devaluing the Universal Title is the tricky part.  And with Vince back in the picture, while he wouldn't likely have an issue with the WWE Championship being placed in a higher strata than the Universal Championship (making the Universal Championship - if you consider how much they love the term "WWE Universe" - akin to the modern version of what the Intercontinental Championship was in the 80's-00's), the one thing he will be adamant about is not having the title that only appears on one brand (and thus one network) viewed as above any title that appears on the brand on the other network - it's dumb business, because NBC Universal and FOX will both insist to the point of likely making it a contingency that their respective network is the one with the tippy-top title on it.

They were able to get away with a unification because they had an existing media deal contract(s) in place, so while the networks could complain, they couldn't walk or make contingencies.  Now with a new bargaining session fast approaching, they have that option available to them.

So yes, I think a belt-split or a return to an NWA/territory-style of the tippy-top champion isn't branded and appears on both shows regularly is in the pipeline.  My feeling is that the former is more a Vince want while the later is a more likely Hunter want.  Who wins out... well, I think we probably all know the answer to that, but it's not set in stone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

Hunter's booking is extremely, extremely similar to Dusty's - and Dusty would typically only do things when they organically made sense.  There's some semblance of organic feel to Cody being the one to do it because it was the WWE/F World Heavyweight Championship that Dusty won-but-then-didn't in MSG in the photo, not the Universal Title.  But how to do it without devaluing the Universal Title is the tricky part.  And with Vince back in the picture, while he wouldn't likely have an issue with the WWE Championship being placed in a higher strata than the Universal Championship (making the Universal Championship - if you consider how much they love the term "WWE Universe" - akin to the modern version of what the Intercontinental Championship was in the 80's-00's), the one thing he will be adamant about is not having the title that only appears on one brand (and thus one network) viewed as above any title that appears on the brand on the other network - it's dumb business, because NBC Universal and FOX will both insist to the point of likely making it a contingency that their respective network is the one with the tippy-top title on it.

They were able to get away with a unification because they had an existing media deal contract(s) in place, so while the networks could complain, they couldn't walk or make contingencies.  Now with a new bargaining session fast approaching, they have that option available to them.

So yes, I think a belt-split or a return to an NWA/territory-style of the tippy-top champion isn't branded and appears on both shows regularly is in the pipeline.  My feeling is that the former is more a Vince want while the later is a more likely Hunter want.  Who wins out... well, I think we probably all know the answer to that, but it's not set in stone.

I personally think they need to make the belts standout differently. Between the WWE title vs the Universal title and the Raw women's title vs the Smackdown women's title, the strap being the difference isn't really doing it for anyone. You think there's any chance they rebrand the titles to be more individual in nature?

9 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Also because, if there is anyone in the women's division who is as close to "anointed" as The Future long-term main event draw (particularly with Becky looking like she'll be easing more and more down that Hollywood road as more time passes), it's Rhea.  And what that means most significantly is that if someone's going to get the claim to fame of giving Charlotte Flair her first Mania loss it's not only organic but also serves a purpose in cementing Rhea as a main eventer (and effectively alleviating an void left by Sasha - who, over time, very well could end up back with them, but if it happens it likely won't be until after Becky is a part-timer at best).  We all know that babyface Charlotte gets stale really quickly and you need a catalyst to turn her.  There's money in doing Charlotte vs Bianca, whether they push that to Summerslam or do it sooner, I don't know, but the last step in really elevating Raquel, which I'm confident Haytch wants to do, is by reviving the money feud that made her rise to stardom in NXT - just alignment-swapped - with Rhea; they're best friends and have incredibly chemistry together.

Anyone who listened to the post-RR presser could tell exactly who Rhea was going to challenge - all the participants were still for the most part in kayfabe and planting Easter eggs, even if they did lower the 4th wall occasionally.

The more interesting thing that comes about with her winning is being on smsckdowm, unless they are bringing the whole judgment day with her or they by then breaking up 

Also, the easy split of the belt is using the briefcase.  From my recollection it only has a contract for one title or the other