Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

12 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I still don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Jey is going to side with Sami and KO in this, or even Sami. 

I definitely don’t think he will be siding with Sami, I was just pointing out that it seems they are telegraphing that Jey is the one who they will push (black/white/grey hat still tbd) and I’m questioning that decision

Im assuming Roman will be gone for a while, if not right after Mania, then by MITB. (I’m thinking more like “Backlash” time, even though it might not be called that/it might be the Saudi Show.) But it would be surprising to see them just completely drop the Bloodline all together. Do you think Jey stands out enough from Jimmy that he can take the lead? I’m not blind to the argument that Solo is still too green, but I do think he is the only other one in that group that looks like he has true ME potential.

We also have to get an answer to the Heyman question. Does he have loyalty to the Bloodline at all? Or is it to just Roman? If it’s Roman and he goes away, does Paul do the same for a while? Does he try to grab the wheel when the power vacuum is created? Or does he move on to his next client (Little Steiner)?

If Paul doesn’t try to become the leader, I would hope they could pull in Rakishi for a few months, be the defacto mouthpiece and new Wiseman for his boys, while also bringing in New Blood. (I would purposely bloat the group, nWo style, with the ladies, Naomi and Tamina, as well as hopefully one  or more signing from outside the company) but eventually when Roman does return, you have the built in fight over the Bloodline (who’s in charge, who belongs) which ends in likely the ultimate blow up, and could be where we get the Rock/Roman match at next years Mania (they HAVE to do this match at some point soon)

I know I’ve rambled here. But I’m getting more and more worried that they haven’t actually figured out the next chapter of this story. And instead of a quick refuel and taking off again, or at least a solid landing, we are going to end up crashing it into the mountainside. Which will leave us picking apart the wreckage, asking “what the hell happened?” Instead of celebrating a great long term story. 

On 2/5/2023 at 10:34 AM, StLunatic88 said:

I definitely don’t think he will be siding with Sami, I was just pointing out that it seems they are telegraphing that Jey is the one who they will push (black/white/grey hat still tbd) and I’m questioning that decision

Im assuming Roman will be gone for a while, if not right after Mania, then by MITB. (I’m thinking more like “Backlash” time, even though it might not be called that/it might be the Saudi Show.) But it would be surprising to see them just completely drop the Bloodline all together. Do you think Jey stands out enough from Jimmy that he can take the lead? I’m not blind to the argument that Solo is still too green, but I do think he is the only other one in that group that looks like he has true ME potential.

We also have to get an answer to the Heyman question. Does he have loyalty to the Bloodline at all? Or is it to just Roman? If it’s Roman and he goes away, does Paul do the same for a while? Does he try to grab the wheel when the power vacuum is created? Or does he move on to his next client (Little Steiner)?

If Paul doesn’t try to become the leader, I would hope they could pull in Rakishi for a few months, be the defacto mouthpiece and new Wiseman for his boys, while also bringing in New Blood. (I would purposely bloat the group, nWo style, with the ladies, Naomi and Tamina, as well as hopefully one  or more signing from outside the company) but eventually when Roman does return, you have the built in fight over the Bloodline (who’s in charge, who belongs) which ends in likely the ultimate blow up, and could be where we get the Rock/Roman match at next years Mania (they HAVE to do this match at some point soon)

I know I’ve rambled here. But I’m getting more and more worried that they haven’t actually figured out the next chapter of this story. And instead of a quick refuel and taking off again, or at least a solid landing, we are going to end up crashing it into the mountainside. Which will leave us picking apart the wreckage, asking “what the hell happened?” Instead of celebrating a great long term story. 

Honestly, unless they've got an assurance from Rock that he'll commit to next year's Mania, I think they let the Bloodline gimmick fade after Roman is dethroned - save for possibly keeping Solo with him as his heavy for a spell.  Whether they can book Rocky for Mania will depend on whether Roman angles hard as a heel or face when he comes back after a break.  Like most guys, he'll get a return pop, but that can be easily parried into a heel spin (because Rock isn't going to be treated as a heel if/when he comes back - and the studios/networks/stockholders won't want him to be).  But if they can't book Rock, they can bring Roman back on a redemption arc of trying to reassemble the family if they have a big bad they can target to have him face (Brock ain't gonna cut it anymore - they aren't going to get him, but if Hunter had any prayer of luring Rusev back if/when his contract comes up, they could make a mega-heel out of him - and actually make a clever play of words out of his "Redeemer" character in terms of what he could end up doing for Roman's character).

Ultimately, I'm predicting we get a Dusty finish in Montreal - the initial tension built up with a false-finish off a Blue Thunder Bomb, Heyman tries to cheat for Roman (if I'm writing it, I'm having him reach for one of the belts to slide it in to Roman, Jey - who seems to have come around - reaches out a hand and grabs the belt to stop him, tug of war resulting in 1 of them hitting Roman instead, Roman staggers and,) Sami hits the Helluvakick and gets the 3-count and the emotional "OHMYGOD!" moment, except... Roman's foot is on the ropes.  Match has to be restarted and Sami is on an adrenaline dump, Roman spears the everloving crap out of him, pin, 1..2..3, win, but there's a chink in the armor that shows a slight bit of weakness ahead of Cody taking the belts off him at Mania, plus you're created further intrigue in the is-Jey/isn't-Jey? story arc, Roman gets booed to hell out of Montreal (which to casual viewers will still only help further place the next person to face him in a further babyface light), Sami's gotten something of a payoff, but if you really want, you can have him start playing mind games with Roman ahead of the Roman/Cody match, ultimately goading a paranoid Roman into going it completely alone (no Uso's, no Solo, no Heyman), so that ultimately Sami's revenge is, in part, in getting Roman to do what he accused Sami of trying to do (tear apart his family), just not because Sami wanted to be the Tribal Chief.

• 2 weeks later...

The day Jey Uso finally stands up to Reigns will be a GREAT day. It is clearly what they are building towards. Tonight was probably the most I’ve ever been like damn… Reigns is a piece of you know what. 

I will be sad to see Jey and Sami inevitably wrestle beforehand though. 

Im going to say it, I was underwhelmed by the UWU Main Event.

The crowd was so hot to start (obviously) even during the 5 min it took for Sami and Roman to lock up. All great stuff there, but the actual dynamics of the match are what I had an issue with

I never wanted Sami to win here, it didnt make long term sense, so its not that. But how we got to the ending just seemed like we've run that with Roman 100 times already. He has Heyman at ringside, why dont we run it through him?

False Finishes are fun for awhile, and even the Crowd counting with the ref knocked down, but that just seems to be every single time at this point. To me it seemed like you could have gotten everything you wanted, with even bigger reactions (pops and heat) if you get the first ref knock down, Roman ends up stifling himself, having the win in his grasps but no ref. And after trying to wake him, Sami lands a Heluva Kick on Roman, but pins him too close to the ropes with Roman breaking the pin (the recovering Ref misses that) You get the Win Pop for Sami, he can even raise the Belts in Montreal, but there is The Advocate... getting the Ref, even calling out Pierce (probably not Hunter) pointing out the miss, overturning the decision, and to get the match restarted.

That gets Sami the pop and moment (kinda) that he deserves for all the work he has done this year, but also gets Nuclear heat on Heyman, Roman and the Bloodline. Its not the same situation as Daniel Bryan, because you should WANT more heat on them, and it just plays into exactly what you are looking to set up with Cody. 

Possibly during the confusion and arguing by Heyman, after the crowd simmers and Sami sees what about to happen, that is when Jimmy comes in to beat up Sami. Id even have that be where KO comes in for a save. This is also where you can have the Jey moment, stopping Roman from using the Chair, KO comes back into the ring after running Jimmy off, and while he wont hit Sami with it, Jey will absolutely plaster Kevin with it. (actually kicks off the Mania Tag Title angle)

The rest of the card, felt like they were leaning too much on the Main Event, and we only got one other good match on the card 

Womens Chamber: Absolutely didnt need this, it was a Glorified 3 way, that they tossed in Natalya for the Canada pop, then Carmella and Nikki to fill it out. I am glad that they are taking steps (baby steps) to equal ground to mens wrestling. But we are just forcing things at this point. This second Chamber match should have been for the IC title, elevate both of this belts. IM glad Auska won, but unless they were going to strap the Rocket to Raquel already, then there wasnt a single other believable winner in that match. Not to mention, there was absolutely nothing they did in the match that necessitated the Chamber.

Bobby vs Brock: Well this was a waste of a matchup. It was 1-1 in the series, thats what the pitch is going to Mania (presumably) so why is this the way they muddled it up? The double count out or double DQ is sitting right there. Should have just had them beat the tar out of each other on the outside, both be counted out, and this also seemed like the perfet spot to get The Hurt Business involved again if they are really bringing them back like they have been teasing.

Grit Couple vs Judgement Day: Cant believe they are calling them the "Grit" Couple. Has Beth always been this boring as a wrestler? Did she really need redemption as the extremely part time wrestler? This just had to be the crowd/Canadian pop with the Roman win coming down the line. I guess you kept Rhea pretty clean, but if were ever going to actually get a Balor push, we need to stop messing with this nonsense.

Mens Chamber: Match was great. Really dont have too many complaints here. Tez looked awesome, feel like they should have started that real singes push alot sooner. Gargano was a solid hand, and had an amazing spot. Priest was decent, didnt really stand out, but thats going to happen with 6 participants (he and Dom need those Tag Titles split ASAP so they can carry one set). Reed got the monster treatment, and took the first pin with some momentum. Rollins is always good, and the Paul Mania set up was coming from a mile away, but thats fine, its going to be huge at WrestleMania. Theory came out looking strong, and I guess the US Title being in his Cena feud should make it that much more importanrt (really hope we get Cena taking the belt, showing up on Raw, giving the Promo about his open challenge, and here Comes Jay White to take the US Title night one in WWE)

On 2/23/2023 at 5:40 PM, StLunatic88 said:

So there was room for another hour available for AEW “All Access” but couldn’t get any time for ROH?

can’t say I see how this is a plus for fans, highly doubt it won’t be overly scripted, so why not just use it for more actually wrestling shows

I imagine it's cheaper and they probably were pleased with the return they got on the Rhodes show. And unfortunately no one cares about ring of honor