Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Just now, Totty said:

That's the first thing I noticed.  The crowd is nuts!

I like the entrance, the non-led ring post, fans a touch closer to the ring, the contrasting light between the ring and crowd as the match goes, how the place is lit itself.

Its those little things and production quality that really give it a major feel unlike Impact has been able to generate over 15 years. 1st show and it instantly has the feel of a major wrestling promotion. I hope NWA and MLW take note if they land quality tv deals. Things other than the matches and scripts matter in a tv production.

• Like 1

I know i'm biased but i really digged into Dynamite. What a phenomenal show with a phenomenal audience. I have rarely seen such a crowd. The production quality was really good and i mean really good. The beginning of the show felt special. That Cody vs Guevara match was decent and the story afterwards which was picked up at the end of the show again was good. The segments were ok. I think the overall ratio between promos and segment on the one side and wrestling on the other side was quite good. Besides MJF vs Brandon Cutler, the matches itself were pretty good as well for a Weekly. Nothing to complain about there. The Woman's Championship Match started very slowly and didn't felt good after the first minutes, but the both got into it and together with the great audience they were able to save the match. Riho won the match and is now the first AEW Woman's Champion. I'm very surprised by that decision, because the waste majority of the viewers won't know her and might have problems to connect to her, since she can't speak english. That's a brave decision by the company to not go the easy way, but i think it's worth a try. Nyla doesn't have a great profile either, yet. They need to build her up again and i think that works best with her beeing on her way of destruction to get back to the title match.

The main event was overbooked, but it offered some very interesting cliffhangers. Moxley attacks Omega during the match. The two of them brawl their way through the audience into the backstage area and Moxley puts Omega (and himself) through a glass table via a Double Underhook DDT. I like that intensity and they continue to build up their match at Full Gear. I just don't understand, why the match itself didn't end in a DQ finish. That's basically the only point of criticismn i have. The Bucks were forced to continue to fight in a 2 on 3 handicap match. They obviously lose and after the match all hell broke loose. The winners continue to attack the Bucks. Cody makes the save. Sammy runs into the ring, hits Cody with a low blow and picks up the story after their opening match, which suddenly makes sense, since it was all planned by Guevara and Jericho. Dustin Rhoes with the save and then the surprising debut of Jake Hager, formerly known as Jack Swagger in the WWE. He's now a MMA fighter and he looked damn well. The 5 of them: Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Sammy Guevara and Santana & Ortiz celebrated their beatdown and left a cliffhanger for next week. Is this a new heel stable?

3 hours ago, KOTN-93 said:

Hager has some nice momentum and believability thanks to his MMA career. Depending on his mic skills atm could be a great guy for putting guys over.

In LU he really didnt say anything much at all and came off looking amazing every appearance. Hopefully they use him the same way.

AEW drew an overall audience of 1,409 million viewers. NXT drew 891.000 viewers.

AEW also drew 423,000 viewers for the replay right afterward.

AEW decisively beat NXT in all key demos, with a more than two-to-one margin of victory in the key 18-49 male demo (0.92 to 0.41). They also decimated NXT in the male 18-34 demo, 0.73 to 0.26. (That’s where the indicators pointed last night and earlier today, but that three-to-one margin was only among 18-34 males.) Among all adults 18-49, AEW more than doubled NXT (0.68 to 0.32). That points toward NXT closing the gap with older viewers 50 and above and also kids under 18.

source: https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2019/10/03/aew-beats-nxt-by-wide-margin-nxt-drops-aew-falls-short-of-approaching-smackdown-and-raw-numbers/

Not bad for a t-shirt company.

• Like 2