2020 Draft Talk

swede700

41 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Josh Rosen is not a team player, not a leader.  He has all the physical skill in the world for the position, but want no part of him on the Vikings . . . that tiger ain't changing his stripes.

I'd love to see some evidence of this. Literally no one that has played with him has said this. It's so silly that media personalities and ex-coaches can't handle a guy that thinks about things critically or questions things.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I'd love to see some evidence of this. Literally no one that has played with him has said this. It's so silly that media personalities and ex-coaches can't handle a guy that thinks about things critically or questions things.

Where is the evidence he is a great QB?  He was 17 and 13 as a starter on UCLA.  His biggest win in college was what?  Nothing comes to mind honestly.  Does he have talent sure, but there is a reason why the Cardinals traded him for another QB and why the Dolphins might do the same thing because no way Rosen beats out Fitz regardless if they draft Tua or not.  

Not to mention he is bad throwing on the move, poor accuracy when his feet are not set, clearly is turnover prone the little he has played in the NFL.  You know what the Vikings OL looks recently?  Josh Rosen would make Kirk Cousins look like Frank Tarkenton back there with how much he lacks mobility.  Not even getting into the fact his body language is poor, he is a poor motivator and mentally I would want no part of him what so ever, he is not a leader because he has never done it before.  He was not a great leader in college so why would he be in the NFL?  Oh but he is Tom Brady and will win a ton of Super bowls because he said it before he came out for the draft when asked a question, yeah right.  He comes off as being spoiled because he is, that goes over great in a NFL locker room.

Chris Carter said it pretty good right here.

38 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

So you just went on a rant and still failed to answer my question. I never said he was a great QB. 

still only old school guys being critical of his personality - No one that has actually played with the guy.

I said my opinion based on following football prospects for over 20 years.  You watch Rosen play at UCLA?  Clearly Rosen coming out of UCLA is not one of my favorites for a variety of reasons, take it or leave it.  Thus yeah I would hate getting the guy in a trade for the Vikings when he has showed little to nothing when playing in NFL games.  

You think it is that easy to come by quotes of Josh Rosen from players that played with him that are actually honest?  Sorry I am not a scouting service that interviews every teammate of Rosen at UCLA, NFL and high school career.  And doubt any would badmouth the guy in college outside of the coaching staff and even they probably would not badmouth him unless they were recently fired and not part of the program anymore.  No one says he is a bad teammate and awful person, but to me it is clear he is a piss poor leader and does not communicate or motivate his teammates that well.

I wouldn't trade for Rosen or Haskins. You don't compound the QB problem be choosing less than.

Cousins is the best of mediocre QBs. I can't believe I'm defending him.....

All this does is stir up a media frenzy about the QB position when we know his contract is guaranteed and he has a full NTC

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I wouldn't trade for Rosen or Haskins. You don't compound the QB problem be choosing less than.

Cousins is the best of mediocre QBs. I can't believe I'm defending him.....

All this does is stir up a media frenzy about the QB position when we know his contract is guaranteed and he has a full NTC

I mean I don't think you have to trade Cousins if you trade for one of the other guys. And I don't think we know the other guys are less than Kirk. I think Rosen is, but that's just my opinion. I think Haskins could be better, and if you get him for cheap you let him sit behind Cousins next year and then have 3 years of him on a rookie contract. Again, I don't think any of this is likely but it's worth discussing, especially in this slow time of the off-season. It's important to throw darts at the QB position so if we can get a first round talent for less than a first (hopefully less than a second) round pick it's something you have to look at.

Saw a stat yesterday. Since 2017 Cousins has the 3rd most passing touchdowns behind Wilson and Brady. If you're going to get a QB get one in the draft so he can learn behind Cousins and someday be better. Trading for Rosen and Haskins is the kind of crap the Vikings would have done in the 90's.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Saw a stat yesterday. Since 2017 Cousins has the 3rd most passing touchdowns behind Wilson and Brady. If you're going to get a QB get one in the draft so he can learn behind Cousins and someday be better. Trading for Rosen and Haskins is the kind of crap the Vikings would have done in the 90's.

Agree 100%.. There is nothing wrong with a QB that throws 26TD’s to 6 int’s. Should be working on the O-line and Defensive line in this draft. Build around what we already have.

Why are we even discussing Josh Rosen and Haskins.  We have a Top-10 QB that just won a playoff game in New Orleans. QB should be last on our list of needs (late round backup maybe). 

They need to focus on the trenches. Thats what got us beat against SF, GB, CHI, etc... they NEED a LG that doesn’t get burned in pass pro every other snap. They need Bradbury to improve or to bring in somebody that’s better. As far as I’m concerned, we aren’t going anywhere until they can block upfront. 

and please god lets get a 3T in here that can rush the passer  

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Maybe they need to think about a QB because he's in the last year of his deal.

I agree that the Vikings need work on the lines, but unless they have a QB of the future locked in, teams should always be looking for one. 

Then we should be talking about resigning Cousins. Not Rosen, Not Haskins.  

I have no interest in those guys, at all.