Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 18 - TACO BOWL XVIII POSTED!)

Power rankings

Red Division

This is the toughest division in the league. Anybody could take it, in my opinion.

1. UHUlZjJ.png

Mahomes has weapons now. And I think that takes this offense to a much higher level than last season. Ingram is good out of the backfield, behind what's probably the best line in the league.

The only real question on defense is Houston as a 4/3 OLB and rookie Gary in his place on the line. I'd imagine Thompson is on the PS to fix this if/when it doesn't work out. Then the front seven is more than good enough to mask an average secondary.

2. Reykjav%25C3%25ADk+Direwolves.gif

That line though. I don't think it'll be that much of a hindrance with the quartet of Luck, Barkley, Thielon, and Hilton. That's better than about anyone's got in the league. And should put up a ton of points.

I'd love this defense if Chubb was at his natural position on the edge and the insane depth of iDL was taken advantage of in the draft. I think that knocks this defense down a peg. Especially with Za'Darius being such an unknown. But it should be much improved from last season. And with that offense, that's probably enough.

3. Seattle+Sonics.gif

Rivers, AD, and Coop is a good trio. And the line looks great. The rest of the cast is suspect though. And that's worrisome in this division. But putting up points shouldn't be too difficult. And that's what matters.

The dline is nasty. The back seven is more than good enough. Especially those CBs. But I don't know if there's quite enough.

4. y3PdFX1.png

Brady and Allen are a great one two punch. Unfortunately, it looks like this offense is gonna have to rely on that. Anderson and Drake in the backfield doesn't inspire much confidence. And I think Ridley is a year away from really being great. But it's impossible to rule out Brady's greatness.

Good luck throwing on this defense. Top notch edge defenders with an excellent CB duo behind them will be a problem for everyone. Good run stuffers in the middle round out what might end up the best defense in this division.

5. 6O8y1z8.png

If Trubisky had one more weapon, I'd probably bump this team up a spot or two. Nuk is a monster but he's the only real threat. Thankfully DJ makes up for it in a big way. But in a division so stacked, it might be a rough go.

Defense is alright. There's a great player at every level. But there are some question marks. Especially in the front seven. And that might be a problem.

Blue Division

1. FlXZ3aV.png

Goff has the best WR trio in the league. With two good receiving backs. That can also carry the load. This offense is stacked front to back, top to bottom. Nuff said.

Aside from a lackluster LB group, this defense is also pretty stacked. Dline is great. Secondary is great. But everything in the middle might be a problem.

2. xCeKcIO.png

A-a-ron would be unstoppable with elite weapons like Goff has. Kelce and kinda Anderson are it, really. Chubb is good in the backfield. Taking Fitz and Dez last season is what put this offense over the top. I'm worried they're gonna take a big step back. And that might hurt with so many playoff hopefuls in this conference.

Defense looks great though. No real holes anywhere. And the secondary looks improved over last season's, which only allowed an 84 passer rating. An offense that might regress should be helped greatly by that.

3. Melbourne+Uni+Royals.gif

An improved line should help what should be the best backfield in the league. And it should give Dak plenty of time to find AB early and often. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot else. And that might be an issue.

The front seven looks great. But the secondary has some questions. Hopefully the pass rush can help with that. It's an overall solid unit. But I wonder if it can keep the offense in games.

4. 8g28DeY.gif

Not bad for a first offseason. Cam greatly needed weapons. And he got them. That should help free up Kamara to be the badass he is in real life.

Defense is a big question. Secondary looks good. LBs are alright. But three rookies on the line might be rough. Luckily they all have big upside and keeper potential.

5. 6CbKa9P.png

I just wish Carr had more to work with. Engram is good and will probably lead the team in receiving. But the rest are probably a season away from really being game changers.

There are some nice pieces on defense. But I don't think it's gonna be enough to help the offense. Especially in a conference so stacked with offenses.

Green Division

1. Scranton+Papermakers.gif

Seems like every season he has a great QB and trades him away. Then ends up in the playoffs anyway after somehow acquiring another one. This season is no different. Stafford, Fitz, and Ebron are more than enough to deny teams the ability to key in on Zeke. He could even flip and go pass heavy and be fine. 

Defense is great all around. I think another iDL should've been taken instead of Hughes so Bosa could wreck off the edge. But Hughes is good. It's an embarrassment of riches, really.

2. Richmond+Flying+Squirrels.gif

Oof. Watson with Green and Cooks isn't gonna be fun to play against. But the backfield could probably be a bit better. Luckily the line looks great. So maybe the backfield will be enough to keep teams honest.

Defense looks solid. Littleton might be the worst one of the 11 and he could probably start for a few teams here.

3. KQmScMf.png

DangeRUSS. But that might be it. Brate, DJax, and Godwin would be an excellent trio in real life. But I think they'll struggle a bit in the sim. Mack and Johnson in the backfield might struggle. But the line looks good. So maybe not.

Secondary looks great. Watt and McCoy are a great duo up front. LBs are ok. This is a decent group overall. But decent might not be enough.

4. Iowa+Jagwads.gif

Can't really count out Brees. And Kittle is a pain in the ***. But three number three WRs might be too much to overcome. Freeman and Lindsay are ok. The line might make them something to lean on.

Defense looks solid all around. Can't really find meaningful holes. But there might not be enough game changers.

Yellow Division

1. Southview+Saints.gif

This might be the best offense the Saints have ever assembled. And that's unfortunate for everyone else. They don't have to run 60% of the time this season to put up points.

The offense is unfortunate because, like always, the Saints have put together a truly great defense. Holding teams to 20 or less shouldn't be a problem. This might be the team to beat in the Salsa Conference. And maybe the league.

2. Indianapolis+Predators.gif

Like a few other teams, there's a QB in place but no one for him to really throw it to. Edelman and DT would be good #2s. And Henry needs to bounce back in real life before he's a threat in the sim. Hopefully Mixon can help carry the team behind a good line.

The best dline in the sim. Oof. Secondary is good. LBs are good. There are no real holes on this side of the ball. But it might not matter if the offense struggles.

3. Dawn+Starfall.gif

Another case of a good QB with #2 WRs. Good thing Gurley is still l33t. And that line should help him carry this team with no problem.

Dline looks great. DLaw, Richardson, and Jackson are all good. The back seven has a ton of questions though. Luckily the aforementioned guys on the line should help make up for it.

4. Cobra.png

It's tough to win in this league without a QB. He pulled it off last season. But it might be tougher this time. Dalton is hit or miss WITH a supporting cast. He doesn't quite have that here. But the line should be good enough to open holes for Henry and Blount.

Defense looks great at every level. This is another crazy good dline. They're gonna have to step up, I think, if the Venom hope to return to the playoffs.

5. kur1K24.png

Jimmy G is a serious question. He's probably the worst starting QB in the sim. But the weapons around him are better than a lot of teams have. It'll be interesting to see how that works out.

Defense is chock full of potential. But most of it hasn't been realized. And that's more than likely gonna be a problem. Especially with the questions surrounding the QB.

Overall

1. Southview+Saints.gif

2. FlXZ3aV.png

3. UHUlZjJ.png

4. Reykjav%25C3%25ADk+Direwolves.gif

5. Scranton+Papermakers.gif

6. xCeKcIO.png

7. Richmond+Flying+Squirrels.gif

8. Seattle+Sonics.gif

9. Indianapolis+Predators.gif

10. y3PdFX1.png

11. Dawn+Starfall.gif

12. Melbourne+Uni+Royals.gif

13. 6O8y1z8.png

14. 8g28DeY.gif

15. KQmScMf.png

16. Iowa+Jagwads.gif

17. Cobra.png

18. kur1K24.png

19. 6CbKa9P.png

• Like 9

Interesting... didn’t think I’d come in last for the division. Feel I had worse offensive line, worse WRs and a lesser offensive line last year to still make playoffs. 

But i like the write ups! Good job on them. Some are spot on

Sanders as my #2 verse Allen Robinson should be enough weapons for Trubisky 

Edited by ravens5520
  • Like 1

Just now, ravens5520 said:

Interesting... didn’t think I’d come in last for the division. Feel I had worse offensive line, worse WRs and a lesser offensive line last year to still make playoffs. 

But i like the write ups! Good job on them. Some are spot on

With y'all's division, it's just a case of somebody has to be last. If I ranked it tomorrow, I'd probably have a different order.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

With y'all's division, it's just a case of somebody has to be last. If I ranked it tomorrow, I'd probably have a different order.

Fully respect it! I know this division is stacked. Last year I was a balanced team with a stout defense. I’ve upgraded my secondary but the front 7 is lesser this season. So I’m curious where it will land

• Like 1