Which of the Lions, Raiders, Giants, 49ers or Redskins do you want to see on "Hard Knocks"?

aceinthehouse

What team would be the best choice, for representing Hard Knocks TV show for 2019?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be must see TV?

• Lions
    • Raiders
    • Giants
    • 49ers
    • Redskins

18 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Ok that would be awesome. Really want to see the new stadium.

Just googled and apparently HBO makes the decision not NFL. This all depends if HBO wants to capitalize on Brown. But I still think they will save the Raiders for 2020 when they have a new stadium and might be competitive. 

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Why would people not want to see the Raiders next year in Vegas? New home, will be a better and more competitive team, amazing stadium, and possibly a rookie QB. Makes no sense to do it now? Would like some explanations here why 2019 would be better than 2020.

I chose the Redskins. 

Honestly, I don't care either way since I don't watch Hard Knocks, but yeah, I agree that from a league perspective, they probably want the Raiders in 2020, though for people in here, it may not make a difference. That being said, you never know what's going to happen. It's not completely impossible that they are eligible next year, so the league itself may not want to test it's luck. 

1 hour ago, patman said:

I am shocked that Patricia is willing to put up with that nonsense.  

Doesn't really have a choice, I believe. Lynch and Shanny (particularly the latter) have been adamant about not being on the show, I think at one point he even "warned" that they would get the worst entertainment possible if the 49ers are picked. That being said, if they are the team who is chosen, I don't think that there is anything the team can do about it. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

They won’t have a winning record this season. 

I can almost guarantee the NFL is saving the Raiders for 2020. 

You just never know though, man. 

I remember Peter King famously picking the 49ers to finish with the worst record in the NFL in 2011 and winning the suck for luck sweepstakes. Others felt the same. 

If not for Kyle Williams' butterfingers all games (3 fumbles in that Giants game, 2 obviously well remembered), the 9ers would have been in the super bowl against New England. 

• Like 1

It has to be the Raiders. All of the 4 other teams have zero compelling personalities on their respective teams. The Raiders have one of the most egotistical and hammy coaches to ever by the NFL, a narcissistic and elite WR, genuine tension with their starting QB, and chaos involving a move.

There's nothing interesting about the Giants, 49ers, or Washington. Matt Patricia is just going to yell a lot for the Lions.

5 minutes ago, Malik said:

It has to be the Raiders. All of the 4 other teams have zero compelling personalities on their respective teams. The Raiders have one of the most egotistical and hammy coaches to ever by the NFL, a narcissistic and elite WR, genuine tension with their starting QB, and chaos involving a move.

There's nothing interesting about the Giants, 49ers, or Washington. Matt Patricia is just going to yell a lot for the Lions.

Are you kidding? We have a franchised kicker who won't report. None of those other teams can compare to #kickerdrama

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Why would people not want to see the Raiders next year in Vegas? New home, will be a better and more competitive team, amazing stadium, and possibly a rookie QB. Makes no sense to do it now? Would like some explanations here why 2019 would be better than 2020.

I chose the Redskins. 

because nothing is guaranteed in life and people don't want to wait a year for something they could have now.

Keep in mind that HBO wants ratings and that the Raiders right now have some very interesting story lines. They also have a lot of big personalities that will make for entertaining television. 

The 'last year in Oakland' is just as interesting on paper as 'the first year in Vegas' imo. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I can almost guarantee the NFL is saving the Raiders for 2020. 

I can almost guarantee that this is a hyperbole. :P

Edited by N4L

I truly believe the Skins will be the choice for Hard Knocks this season.

It's perfect really...

Franchise rookie QB in DeWayne Haskins vs Case Keenum.

Along with Montez Sweat 

Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen & Doug Williams.

Jay Gruden probably on the hot seat.

Then you have Josh Norman & Adrian Peterson.

*New* additions in Landon Collins & DRC. Both former Giants last season.

Then you have newcomer also in Rueben Foster & his situation & how he avoided suspension.

Both RB's D. Guice & rookie Bryce Love coming off of ACL tears & their recovery.

Alex Smith & Colt McCoy coming off of broken legs & their recovery.

There's a lot of juicy stories for HBO & Hard Knocks if they pick the Redskins.

I also think they know this, which is why they'll pick the Skins.

Edited by aceinthehouse

But it's the Redskins Ace? I mean I guess it might be entertaining having them cronical Guices Preseason on his way to his eventual 2000 yd campaign?  So there's that I guess?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

Raiders certainly the most entertaining, which is why they should probably win...it is entertainment after all

But I personally want to see 49ers. I like their coach and his offensive intelligence, I want to see Jimmy G, I want to see Nick Bosa. Plus, San Fran.