Watchmen Trailer HBO

MossyMoss

21 hours ago, OhioG said:

What are your concerns regarding the show specifically

Debating if I should start watching 

Depends on what you're viewpoints are, what you mind and don't mind. I always encourage giving a show at least 6 episodes before making a real judgement on it so me holding off after 5 is because of strong personal reasons.

The show is better then most "propaganda" shows with its writing and acting chemistry, they leave you bewildered after the first couple of episodes but do tie in the head scratchers later. Regina King pulls off a commanding lead in this series and could carry this show more seasons if it continues. Angela Abar is an interesting character for the most part and Tim Nelson as Looking Glass has always been an underrated actor but brings bleakness to the screen thats supposed to offset some of the more highly energetic presences that come to the screen. 

It doesnt seem to lack direction, at least not with what I've seen. It is progressing and there seems to be multiple groups with hidden motives that slowly start to move toward eachother as the season carries on.

I may go back after im done with what I am watching now. 

Yeah, the last two episodes have been some of the best TV I've seen all year. The writing is absolutely fantastic. 

There's a LOT to wrap up in this last episode though. Hope it doesn't feel rushed and too convoluted. 

Jeremy Irons has quietly been amazing playing Ozymandias.  

Honestly I preferred the show when Doc was “on Mars” but a very interesting turn of events in the last 2 episodes.  I kept waiting for Angela to move him out of the line of fire of the tachyon cannon even with the others taken out and there seemed to be many possibilities for him to avoid his fate but...  

Didn’t expect Trieu to be a goner this quickly but who knows if her “mother” will bring her back as a clone too.  Also, Louis Gosset, Jr is a national treasure.  

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

The whole season was fantastic, really impressive television. Only problem was that it was running at the same time as Mr Robot, which is legitimately the best show ever made.

Really felt like the climax of the season was in ep8 rather than the finale, but that's ok. Some shows (GoT) are like that, some are more centered on the finale. Also kinda wished that Will Reeves (grandpa) got Dr Manhattan's powers, rather than Angela, but it's whatever.

Looking forward to season 2, hopefully centered around Lube Man

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

The whole season was fantastic, really impressive television. Only problem was that it was running at the same time as Mr Robot, which is legitimately the best show ever made.

Really felt like the climax of the season was in ep8 rather than the finale, but that's ok. Some shows (GoT) are like that, some are more centered on the finale. Also kinda wished that Will Reeves (grandpa) got Dr Manhattan's powers, rather than Angela, but it's whatever.

Looking forward to season 2, hopefully centered around Lube Man

Read a fan theory that Lube Man is Agent Petey xD

• Like 1