Overwatch Mafia 2.0 - Game Over - The Six Stack Wins!!!

Whicker

15 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I understand the why, it just seemed peculiar. The more I think about it tho the more I doubt malf would tell you to ask that. 

I guess it's also worthy to note that's is a unique game in it being open role - it's a question most would ask, given we know with no doubt Fin has this power.

I honestly think Fin just picked a role to pick a role, but I don't give him nearly enough credit about 90% of the time. It could be a move collectively calculated. 

Nonetheless, I'm back to MWill as a townie read.

51 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

The real question to me is... would mafia make the hit they did if they DIDNT have a roleblock?

In a scenario where they have a roleblock it makes sense to hit the cleated civ and roleblock the person who can keep them safe.

If mafia did NOT have a roleblock, would they really risk hitting a player that I could potentially swing back onto them?

Considering rack didn’t trust me and was unlikely to watch me, they should have hit me first, then after I was dead they could hit Rack with no risk of detection

The only logical explanation is that they made their choices BECAUSE they had a roleblock that would allow them to power through

I REALLY like this logic. That usually means it's totally off base. But I'll ride this wave.

1. James

2. Woz

3. Gopher

51 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

The real question to me is... would mafia make the hit they did if they DIDNT have a roleblock?

In a scenario where they have a roleblock it makes sense to hit the cleated civ and roleblock the person who can keep them safe.

If mafia did NOT have a roleblock, would they really risk hitting a player that I could potentially swing back onto them?

Considering rack didn’t trust me and was unlikely to watch me, they should have hit me first, then after I was dead they could hit Rack with no risk of detection

The only logical explanation is that they made their choices BECAUSE they had a roleblock that would allow them to power through

There's two investigative roles left so I'd wager yes.  The odds of you picking one of them is not high 

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

There's two investigative roles left so I'd wager yes.  The odds of you picking one of them is not high 

Please explain your comment.. I’m not sure I’m following what you are trying to say

Okay.. this logic of lynching Fin right now does not jive with me

First of all.. If we want to use Fin as a weapon pointed at a specific player, then let’s just lynch that specific player

Mafia will put as few people on Fin as possible if he is civ. They will wait to go after him until they get to lower numbers and can use vote manipulation to hold a majority

I get that lynching Fin gives “2 shots at the apple”, but I think both shots are going to be low percentage shots 

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

First of all.. If we want to use Fin as a weapon pointed at a specific player, then let’s just lynch that specific player

Mafia will put as few people on Fin as possible if he is civ. They will wait to go after him until they get to lower numbers and can use vote manipulation to hold a majority

I get that lynching Fin gives “2 shots at the apple”, but I think both shots are going to be low percentage shots 

The other aspect to that is that if we were to make that play it wouldn’t be wise to list the target either 

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

The only potential hang up with this is IF that specific player is Woz, he can dodge the lynch. If we hit him now, he can basically kamikazee his way into circumventing this loophole. Also, if he's scum, the longer he's around, the more in trouble we are.

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I don't disagree with this to an extent, but I'm also worried that the longer Fin stays around, the more likely he is to be scum. If he's not scum, they certainly know this and would be smart to take him out before he uses his power to potentially target one of the scum.

JMHO

7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Please explain your comment.. I’m not sure I’m following what you are trying to say

You asked would mafia risk it if you weren't roleblocked 

I'd wager yes.  There's only really two - three roles they can get caught by plus in order for you to bus into them you'd have to hit a what 4 out of 16 shot or whatever it is now.  So I'd think it would be worth the risk personally if I were scum 

13 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

The problem doesn't lie in what he does, but the deterrent nature of what his role is.

It's a very high chance that mafia takes that in order to discourage us from lynching him. Given he's hardly even playing the game we can't even get a read on him, so he's the easiest to glance over. I just get this uneasy feeling about him is all. 

@MWil23 any particular reason you chose to haterize Woz last night? Don't disagree with the move tbh.

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'd wager yes.  There's only really two - three roles they can get caught by plus in order for you to bus into them you'd have to hit a what 4 out of 16 shot or whatever it is now.  So I'd think it would be worth the risk personally if I were scum 

you seem to be treating this as a sheer numbers game, but even in a simple multiple choice test you can narrow down your answers. When you do that it becomes much more likely IMO.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

@MWil23 any particular reason you chose to haterize Woz last night? Don't disagree with the move tbh.

Sure. I actually answered ET last page/the page before, but Swag and him had a weird interaction pages 50-52, Woz never answered him, deflected with humor, and Swag ended up dead the next day. Since then, he's been super suspicious. I couldn't get anyone to really back my on putting him down last night, so I figured that a +1 on him would at least get people's attention, whether that's today or later in the game.

7 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

But you’d be more inclined if you knew you had a roleblock on me though, wouldn’t you?

Its just very convenient that the singular role in the game who could put their hit at risk was roleblocked.. and that they would have tried it without knowing I’d be roleblocked

its too many coincidences to hit be James 

10 hours ago, Tk3 said:

I tried to protect racks again tonight but I was roleblocked

would a “big blue bubble” refer to Reinhardt or Winston?

because that person roleblocked me, presumably in coordination with mafia hit to make sure their hit on racks went through 

Yeah that implies Winston.

10 hours ago, James said:

It was my move. Assuming tk3 was telling the truth, I doubted that mafia would go risk going after racks again, and thought tk3 would be a likely target. And if for whatever reason he was lying, at least I'd be roleblocking him.

So basically James royally messed up and got someone killed OR he maf roleblocked? Is that what I'm understanding here?

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Woz

The last 16-24 hours have given some rise to serious suspicion. James and Gopher I'm also extremely skeptical of, but I haven't played with James enough to really get a read for what he does. @Counselor @Forge and I seemingly have similar erratic personalities in this game, probably due to our relatively newbie style, so I was pretty sure both were town. BCB and Squire still intimidate the crap out of me.

Woz's game has also been weird. He's just been tunneling on me most of the game for no reason other than "hey he's not here!". I'm not sure if it's mafia trying to go in on a person who can stop a maf hit or what.

2 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

It’s James 

Having not played much with James, do we think it's more plausible that he messed up his roleblock or that he's maf and it was calculated? I honestly have no idea.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Gameplay on D1 was off. He and Swag got into it, Swag brought up some good points (Pages 50-52), and then Woz started immediately deflecting with humor/distractions, and Swag then ends up dead after everyone else is distracted. He has also, as you said, started to act more suspicious as the game has gone.

Agreed, but that's also VERY obvious.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Woz

and Finn have two of the scummiest roles remaining. I don't trust either of them and the mentality that "I took the role to keep it away from someone else" doesn't sit well with me. Only problem with going after Finn is if he's scum, it's a double edged sword.

I mean, to be fair I think a lot of people took the roles they did (or claimed to have, IIRC) in order to keep it away from someone else.

1 hour ago, theuntouchable said:

Malf told you to ask him this didn’t he ......

That's exactly what I thought reading that!

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

No

That said, I was hoping Junkrat could fall to me, and I figured that it COULD perhaps be a good town weapon if you had a really solid scum read. Even if I were mislynched, I could still even the scales by taking out SCUM. Obviously the opposite holds true as well, and it's definitely a dangerous potential scum tell.

Don't like this post.

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

I like this post.

Archived