Overwatch Mafia 2.0 - Game Over - The Six Stack Wins!!!

Whicker

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

And before anyone says anything......I get it, I just believe mafia always tries to lay out excuses for inactivity (gopher is the perfect example).  

I understand that.TBH though, if I just said "LOCK IN WOZ!" and disappeared without the disclaimer, no one would seemingly care. I'd also say:

1. Look at my post history and when I generally stop posting, not just in mafia but on this site everywhere.

2. Look at every other game I've played in and when I generally stop posting. The exception was the V for Vendetta game, because I was super addicted and that was my 2nd game.

3. Yesterday/the day before I was also gone around the same time.

Day 4

1. ET - McCree (Split Triple Voter) – Gopher* (133), Naz** (133), Bcb*** (133), James* (136), Woz** (136), Gopher*** (136)

2. Gopher - Lucio (1-shot Multiple Loverizer)

5. Tk3 – Pharah (Bus Driver)James (135)

7. Flacco – Zarya (Non-Consecutive Doctor) – Woz (137)

10. Woz – Mei (2-shot Lynchproof)

12. Fin – Junkrat (Vengeful Vigilante)

14. Danger – Reinhardt (1-shot Multiple Roleblocker) – Woz (134)

16. Rick – Mercy (1-shot Governor) – Mwil (139)

17. Rag – Hanzo (Tracker)

18. Mwil – Zenyatta (Loverizer/Haterizer) – Woz (133)

19. James – Winston (Odd-night Jailkeeper)

20. Bcb – Moira (Strong Loverizer)

21. Naz – Reaper (2-shot Commuter)

22. Touch – Orisa (1-shot Vote Motivator) – James (133)

24. Squire – Soldier 76 (Vanilla Townie) – Finneas (135)

Vote Count (8 to lynch)
5 Woz – Zenyatta, Mwil, Danger, ET2, Flacco
3 James – Touch, Tk3, ET1
1 Gopher – ET3
1 Fin – Squire
1 Mwil - Pickle

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Gameplay on D1 was off. He and Swag got into it, Swag brought up some good points (Pages 50-52), and then Woz started immediately deflecting with humor/distractions, and Swag then ends up dead after everyone else is distracted. He has also, as you said, started to act more suspicious as the game has gone.

This crap again?

Here let me explain it simply: I don't like playing with SwAg. Every time I have played with him, we start locking horns and it makes the game miserable for me.

I actually wrote a long message explaining this, was going to publish it publicly, then changed my mind and sent it as a PM to Whicker because I wanted to get it off my chest. Here's a sample of it:

On 5/14/2019 at 2:54 PM, Woz said:

Posting this here because I needed to get it off my chest, but I really don't want to make it public:

---------------

On 5/14/2019 at 2:19 PM, SwAg said:
On 5/14/2019 at 2:17 PM, Woz said:

As I mentioned to Danger, now is the only time you will be guaranteed to lynch me successfully. Have at it.

If nothing else, it prevents you from wasting a vig hit on me. And you'll learn that your read on me is wrong, but lay on MacDuff.

I will because you're encouraging the use of Town resources to either demonstrate that you're Town or eliminate you as scum instead of doing anything town-oriented.

You're still at like 5 game-related posts, and that figure is 2 if you exclude the interactions with me that are basically you telling me that you don't care and won't actually play.

On 5/14/2019 at 2:42 PM, SwAg said:

How do you not know what I’m talking about?  I haven’t exactly been equivocating on my view of Woz.  And one significant aspect of it is his commitment to things actually relevant to the game, which should resonate with you since you had an extended interaction with Orca on the minutia or filler/fluff.

I guess I've tried to be oblique about it, and that hasn't helped. So let me be explicit:

I don't feel any need to prove myself to you. I don't care about you. I don't want to play with you. The rest of this crowd of misfits? Sure. You? Pass.
Then you engaged me. And I said "now I remember why I don't sign up for these games." Because at least for me, you ruin these games in the name of 'playing' them. I find you to be essentially a bully who badgers people non-stop in what seems to be a need to show that they are superior to others or at least smarter than others. Had I been paying attention and saw you were involved, I would have passed on playing. Because, to be honest, I told Whicker back in the Breaking Bad game that I was *this* close to needing a sub because of you.

[side note: from part of the note I didn't copy, I point out that I was a sub. I didn't have to sign up for the game but did so because Whicker asked. I also see that I kind of screwed up my note and should have written "seems to be a need to show that you are superior to others or at least smarter than others."]

SwAg himself linked back to our interactions in the Breaking Bad game back here on page 44.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:26 PM, SwAg said:
On 5/13/2019 at 10:25 PM, Woz said:

Oh, yes, now I remember I don't bother with these games.

I know.

... though the interactions started on page 43: https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/19166-overwatch-mafia-20-day-4-ends-thursday-11pm-est/?page=43

Did you happen to notice that we started going at it before any of his points that you reference on page 50?

That's because by the time he started asking any questions that anything to do with the game, I was effectively tuning him out. I refused to engage in proving myself to him because that essentially would be validating his approach to the game.

That's why I didn't answer him beyond mocking him.

Things I would hope would be in my favor:

• I said from the jump that I took this role to deny it to the mafia. I had wanted Tracer (vigilante role) but MD4L took her right before my pick. Even though I have been a target for multiple days now, I have not used my ability to prevent from being lynched. Why? From a PM thread I sent to Whicker at night:
    15 hours ago, Woz said:
    On 5/14/2019 at 10:50 PM, Woz said:

Well, that was fast.

I'm probably going to regret this, but I will again not use my power.

Third verse, same as the first? Skipping on using the shield.

I knew it was risky as I had been targeted multiple times, but the whole point wasn't to protect myself but deny the mafia from having the weapon. If I was mafia, why wouldn't have used this last night given that there was a growing drumbeat towards me? I essentially told Whicker I wasn't likely to use the power, but figured I would tell him nightly just so he could keep his spreadsheet (or whatever he's using for tracking) clean.

• I helped kickstart the successful lynch of Malf. Yes, I was not one of first people on that, but my switch late made it possible not only to lynch Malf but also avoid an OT period. It was a rush at the end their, but if I hadn't changed we would have gone to OT. Why would I do that if I were mafia? There was a high probability of a mislynch on D1, but in part I helped prevent it from happening.

The only other arguments that have been made against me are:

• (from rackcs) that Dome was backing me against SwAg and then they both flipped how they flipped. As I and others tried to point out, mafia defends town (especially early) regularly.
  • (from last night) voting for Counselor was dumb. This is going to be a significantly lame excuse but I thought I had posted my switch about 10 minutes earlier (when I had a small break in putting my kids to sleep). Apparently, I didn't hit the send button or it didn't take. This looks incredibly damning but the weak truth is better than nothing, I hope. I'm probably wrong since you all seem to already be fitting me for a noose.

As for other things not directly related to me:

• Been focused on @AFlaccoSeagulls.
    • Yes, because he's barely here beyond a post and a vote to look like he's active then wandering off.
      • If it wasn't known that he was the doctor, then I could understand playing it cool, but it's known, so the lack of engagement is due to ... ?
      • No one finds it suspicious that the one of the few roles that could severely derail mafia's plans is not a primary target of the mafia?
    • He's not really using his doctor power, which would at least make his lack of interactions understandable.
      • I don't know but maybe protecting our watcher would be a good idea, especially once it was pretty well established he was town??
      • Did he actually do anything last night?
    • Everyone thinks "yeah, he's actually suspicious, but ..." and we go chase some other shiny object. WTF?

• We also need to talk about @James's actions last night.
    • Seriously? You lock down the one person who could throw off the mafia's plans because you banked on the fact that they wouldn't go after one of the single most important roles we have left?
    • Heck, I would hope that Tk3 would have switched rack and me. That would be a seriously fine tradeoff from where I sit.
    • Instead, we lost one of two of the investigation roles because you gambled and targeted a role for a block that has limited use for the mafia but a lot of usefulness for town.
    • The amusing/annoying thing? Winston was the other role I considered taking. That likely would have saved me a ton of grief (and perhaps saved a couple of people along the way). Who did you target N1?

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He didn't say boo about Touch doing it Day 1 either. Like I said, a lot of bad things about Woz adding up.

Because

1. It didn't feel like it was out of place for touch to do that, and
  2. It wasn't as noticeable to me as it was with Flacco. Touch tuning out day one? That I've seen. Flacco doing the same? That I don't recall.

Just now, Tk3 said:

I’m open to Woz ONLY because James role is odd nights and today is N4

But I just don’t want you to forget about James if I die tonight 

Color me slightly self-interested but I'd much rather go for James or Flacco tonight.

Just now, Tk3 said:

I’m open to Woz ONLY because James role is odd nights and today is N4

But I just don’t want you to forget about James if I die tonight 

This is a peculiar thing to say.  If he's scum, wouldn't he be the perfect candidate to use the scum hit? 

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Lots of thoughts here........

First let's start off with this, @James why did you JAIL tk3? 

@Tk3 what was your move that you put in? 

@Danger I'm also seeing a pattern developing and I dont like it.  Why woz? 

@James @Tk3 @Danger

2 hours ago, Danger said:

You seem to have strong and confident reads right now. More than others.

Just bc I have strong reads shouldn't mean that you follow along, what if I was mafia 

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

@James @Tk3 @Danger

Just bc I have strong reads shouldn't mean that you follow along, what if I was mafia 

Tk3 said he targeted rackcs, but not whom he switched with. No way to know since he said he was blocked.

You should know why James did it since he responded to you last night:

14 hours ago, James said:

It was my move. Assuming tk3 was telling the truth, I doubted that mafia would go risk going after racks again, and thought tk3 would be a likely target. And if for whatever reason he was lying, at least I'd be roleblocking him.

19 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

This is a peculiar thing to say.  If he's scum, wouldn't he be the perfect candidate to use the scum hit? 

I mean... I want a James lynch, I think I’ve made that clear

8 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

@James @Tk3 @Danger

I’m deciding whether it is worth tipping the mafia off about who I was effectively trying to kill last night

Considering it didn’t have an effect on civ role moves, I’m not sure that there is any relevance or importance to say out loud

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Tk3 said he targeted rackcs, but not whom he switched with. No way to know since he said he was blocked.

You should know why James did it since he responded to you last night:

So tk3 can tell us who his was making the switch between.  

And I need more from James bc based on his explanation I would be apt to lynch him 

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

So I’m actually tempted to believe James would do that as a civ

I have a much harder time believing mafia would hit Rack without the roleblock/jailing

The major problem I have is.....

Why would "town" (james) protect you over some other roles?