2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Lol no it won’t. It will also have better spacing than last years team. Embiid, Horford, Richardson, and Harris can all stretch the floor and are all better spot up 3 point shooters than Butler.

This isn’t 2K. Spacing is more than having decent spot up shooters. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Well, Lou Williams is the person who said that (I believe) and he said it was a hassle.  I don't have any experience with any of that stuff, I was just repeating what was said by someone who has gone through it.

I think generally speaking, most people from the United States want to live in the United States.  Just like most people who are from Toronto want to live there.

Eff that. The US sucks. I’d gladly move to Toronto if becoming a Canadian citizen wasn’t so hard lol 

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Horford was such a bad pick up 

He's a glue guy and a strong veteran presence who does the small things and helps galvanize the team. He is exactly the guy they need in Philly IMO

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Their spacing won’t be any worse than last year. Period the end.

Losing a playmaker and adding another center will certainly hurt their spacing, the end. They replaced one of the elite shooters in the league with an average shooter and an elite offensive playmaker with a center. How is their spacing going to be better this year? 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He's a glue guy and a strong veteran presence who does the small things and helps galvanize the team. He is exactly the guy they need in Philly IMO

Two center lineups surrounded by meh shooting isn't really the modern game though. They'll be very good defensively but I see them having issues in the postseason. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Two center lineups surrounded by meh shooting isn't really the modern game though. They'll be very good defensively but I see them having issues in the postseason. 

Their spacing will be abominable. A team of 5 non shooters.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Well, Lou Williams is the person who said that (I believe) and he said it was a hassle.  I don't have any experience with any of that stuff, I was just repeating what was said by someone who has gone through it.

I think generally speaking, most people from the United States want to live in the United States.  Just like most people who are from Toronto want to live there.

Lou Williams said publicly that he wanted to stay in Toronto and that he was disappointed he wasn't offered a contract.

Toronto is a world-class city and an amazing basketball town. Just ask Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Serge Ibaka, Amir Johnson, Patrick Patterson, et al.

I think Jimmy kinda messed their lineup up. It turned Ben into a capela type player where he just stayed near the basket off ball a lot. And Tobias just stood in the corner a lot. And now their role players (Josh and Horford) can be good role players that can play d and shoot the 3.

3 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Lou Williams said publicly that he wanted to stay in Toronto and that he was disappointed he wasn't offered a contract.

Toronto is a world-class city and an amazing basketball town. Just ask Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Serge Ibaka, Amir Johnson, Patrick Patterson, et al.

I never heard Williams say that, it was some dude on TV today who said Williams said it, if I remember correctly.  Also, I get Toronto is a great city, but so is Los Angeles or several other cities in the United States.

Archived