2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Not even remotely true. I don’t even need to, I’ll summon @NS922 @Breesus mode @amac @Spartica4Real

How many games you guys think AD left early because of injuries the passed couple years?

Or are they now just biased Pelicans fans @J-ALL-DAY? 🤡🤡🤡

Maybe an extra 5 or 6 games a year on average where he'd leave after a quarter or a half. Not like a CRAZY amount but enough to make a bit of an impact. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The only time that he has won titles he has had an elite guard that can create his own offense. Wade averaged 22 + 5 both years the Heat won the title and Kyrie averaged 20 + 5 the year the won the title and went off in the finals. 

It’s extremely difficult to win in today’s NBA with only one playmaker on the floor. AD is definitely a lot of help but he’s a big man, not a guard/playmaker that can handle the rock and create offense for others. He’s clearly one of the greatest of all time but when the playoffs roll around he’ll be 35.5 with 19 seasons of NBA basketball on his body. Do you really want him to be the primary creator/only creator on the team? The Lakers should’ve played it safe and went after Kyrie/Kemba/DLo.

It's just the style of play his teams have in the 4th quarters where he needs another shot creator. We have seen it for years, all of LeBron's teams revert to high pick and roll and isolations in tight games. And at this age he's going to likely take some games off and will need someone to hold it down for the games he misses. Kuzma will be able to create some, but certainly not to the extent of Wade/Irving. Will be fascinating to see this team if they miss out on Kawhi and how they fill the rest of their roster. If Kawhi stays in Toronto, next year the league super wide open and you will have three to four legitimate contenders per conference. Lakers will still have a shot but don't expect them to be higher than 5th or 6th seed. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's just the style of play his teams have in the 4th quarters where he needs another shot creator. We have seen it for years, all of LeBron's teams revert to high pick and roll and isolations in tight games. And at this age he's going to likely take some games off and will need someone to hold it down for the games he misses. Kuzma will be able to create some, but certainly not to the extent of Wade/Irving. Will be fascinating to see this team if they miss out on Kawhi and how they fill the rest of their roster. If Kawhi stays in Toronto, next year the league super wide open and you will have three to four legitimate contenders per conference. Lakers will still have a shot but don't expect them to be higher than 5th or 6th seed. 

Exactly. IIRC when he first came to LA Luke Walton said that they wanted to use him more at the 4 and limit his ball handling/creating to give him a break. That won't be the case next year, he's going to have the ball in his hands almost exclusively when he's on the court. And when he's off the court they lack another playmaker. Rob P should've just went after a dynamic PG early in free agency or even looked to add two guys like Malcolm Brogdon and Danny Green, etc. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rob P should've just went after a dynamic PG early in free agency or even looked to add two guys like Malcolm Brogdon and Danny Green, etc. 

I agree. I think going for broke for Leonard was a mistake even if he does sign. I think signing 3-4 solid guys who can make plays wouldve been better after selling the farm to NO. Most of the successful big three/super teams have had a home grown talent (Celtics had Pierce, Heat had Wade, GS had the splash bros and Dray, 90s bulls had Jordan, hell even Cleveland round 2 had Kyrie). Lakers are trying to break the mold here, it will be interesting to see if they can. 

49 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I agree. I think going for broke for Leonard was a mistake even if he does sign. I think signing 3-4 solid guys who can make plays wouldve been better after selling the farm to NO. Most of the successful big three/super teams have had a home grown talent (Celtics had Pierce, Heat had Wade, GS had the splash bros and Dray, 90s bulls had Jordan, hell even Cleveland round 2 had Kyrie). Lakers are trying to break the mold here, it will be interesting to see if they can. 

If they can get Kawhi obviously it was worth it because he's the best player in the league. But they would've been in a position to win a title without him assuming they would've put the full court press on Kemba Walker or Kyrie Irving. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

If they can get Kawhi obviously it was worth it because he's the best player in the league. But they would've been in a position to win a title without him assuming they would've put the full court press on Kemba Walker or Kyrie Irving. 

Kyrie was always going to play in NY IMO. I also think Boston is one of few teams that could woo Kemba away because of their unique mix of young talent, scheme fit, and role offered (focal point of the team), which none of which applies to the Lakers. IMO it was Boston or Charlotte for Kemba, but I am obviously just speculating on that. 

For me, its depth wins championships. GS has had it. Toronto had it when GS didnt losing Cousins, Klay, and KD at various points. Those Spurs teams always had it. Each title holder has had those really important role players behind the superstars that bring it together. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

For me, its depth wins championships. GS has had it. Toronto had it when GS didnt losing Cousins, Klay, and KD at various points. Those Spurs teams always had it. Each title holder has had those really important role players behind the superstars that bring it together. 

That's great in theory, but the Lakers weren't super flush with cap room.

Would you rather have Kawhi Leonard or Jeremy Lamb, Reggie Bullock, and George Hill? Would you trade those 3 players for Kawhi Leonard?

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Kawhi is gonna Sign with the lakers, he’s just a diva who is taking his time. He’s a strange guy for sure. 

Which is why I think back to Toronto. Give the middle finger to everyone. 

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

That's great in theory, but the Lakers weren't super flush with cap room.

Would you rather have Kawhi Leonard or Jeremy Lamb, Reggie Bullock, and George Hill? Would you trade those 3 players for Kawhi Leonard?

I dont think you can put it in such simple terms. If they can get Kawhi and good role players for the vet min, which is possible, then thats gravy. They just have to be careful to not go into the playoffs with a limited 7 or 8 man rotation with nothing behind it. 

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think the biggest issue with the Lakers next season is the lack of a secondary creator / ball handler. If Kawhi doesn’t come they’re going to lack a guard that can take the pressure off of LeBron. 

15 hours ago, 49er pride said:

D'Angelo :(

Lance Stephenson will go back to LA.

Rondo will probably go back.

Korver (has his agent trying to get back to Bron.) 

KCP

Don't forget JR Smith

Forwards (to do some grunt work) 

Marcus Morris

R. Hollis-Jefferson 

Parker

I could see Vince Carter jumping on for a playoff push. 

Gasol

Cousins

McGee

There are still options for the Lakers not saying I want it to happen, just some individuals will latch on

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Which is why I think back to Toronto. Give the middle finger to everyone. 

I think that 1+1 makes a ton of sense as well. 

He needed Lowry/ Van Fleet /Siakam to play at an extremely high level. 

He won't need that with LAL. 

I think its 

TOR (been at the mountain top) 

LAL (because the idea of winning is high on his priority + being home) 

LAC (home)

I have LAC 3rd only because he doesn't know them, doesn't know if he could win with them, I believe the Clippers of last year won because they were this scrappy team with great coaching.  

Beverly, SGA, KL, Gallinari, Harrell

Lou/Shamet/Harkless/ Chandler/Zubac

Archived