#1 on the Waiver Wire!!! WOOF WOOF!

Mastercheddaar

Man, I don't know. Cody how he looked last year, no thanks, I'll keep him, less upside maybe but a much more definite floor. But how he's looked this preseason and training camp, I might consider it. I think Hogan might be the backup for this year anyway. I've always viewed it as you want your backup to have as high a floor as possible and your 3rd string guy to have as much upside as possible (Garoppolo and Brisset in NE for instance). So I'm not sure. If he's being signed to be our backup, I say no because he's just not ready to play in the NFL yet, but if we're bringing him in to develop as a 3rd string guy, I might do that.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I know we don't need ward. But I wouldn't hate having him. He's better than Pryor. He could be the ideal box safety for Gregg Williams since he wants to use peppers in coverage. 

Says who?!  We have Dr. Peppers, who will be great, a Jets cast off with potential, and a few guys with a pulse!  Ward is a pro bowl caliber player, would bring championship veteran leadership, and would for a great safety tandem with Peppers.  To me this is a no brained for that number one waver wire priority.

i do have a question though, why didn't Haden have to clear waivers before the Steelers signed him?

Archived