The Batman

Acgott

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Seems like I am in the minority here but that trailer didnt do much for me. 

Here's my pros/cons

Pros

I like the domestic terrorist vibe they have going for the riddler.

Collin Ferrell as Penguin seems like it might turn out great. 

The general setting of Gotham seems pretty cool. 

Cons

Pattison as batman still feels kind of weird but I'll reserve judgement for now.

Don't get the catwoman casting at all, seems like a bad fit to me. 

4 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

How many times you hit your head today?

I do have Covid right now, but I think my head is on straight lol

It just seems like a poorly put together package to me. Just a big LOOK AT ME package. The first trailer was much much better IMO

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I do have Covid right now, but I think my head is on straight lol

It just seems like a poorly put together package to me. Just a big LOOK AT ME package. The first trailer was much much better IMO

I think the first trailer was a little better FOR WHAT IT WAS...a teaser.

This was a good trailer IMO, but I get why some may not be overly impressed.   I wasnt blown away....but I did enjoy it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Anyone is better than Ben Affleck.

Uhh, no.  Thats just hating.

Pretty much every live action Batman has had an issue of some sort.

Keaton was scrawny and not really believable as a superhero and his Bruce Wayne really wasnt great, although he was awesome as Batman in costume.

Kilmer....Ill get to him in a minute.

Clooney was horrid.   Im sure he couldve been alot of better if the writing and directing were better, but I just didnt feel he fit the role.   At best, I think he couldve been along the same lines as Keaton, but probably not as good.

Bale had a pretty terrible Batman voice that got worse as the movies went along.    The movies were the best (outside of the 2nd half of Dark Knight Rises), but Bale was nothing special (despite him being the best overall actor of the bunch).

I can understand not liking the Snyder movies,. but Affleck was actually pretty awesome as Batman.   Most of the issues were with the writing and some of the corny dialogue.     He was easily the most brutal and had the best action of any Batman to date.    He is the closest we've gotten to an Arkhman/Animated Series Batman.

If there were actually good writing, he probably wouldve been the best Batman overall....or at least the most along the lines of what Batman traditionally is.

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Forgot about Clooney.  Kilmer was better than Affleck. 

Kilmer was pretty underrated.    He couldve done more with the role and been a great Batman if the character had been taken seriously in the Schuamaker movies.  I thought he was pretty good all things considered.   

Edited by 43M
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Seems like I am in the minority here but that trailer didnt do much for me. 

It had cool moments (walking through the gunfire was badass), and I'm beyond excited for the movie but I'm kind of here. 

Edited by Bullet Club

12 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Not even remotely true.

Everyone has their preferences.   I understand that....but Id like to hear some actual OBJECTIVE reasons for what Affleck himself so bad.

He had the look and the action stuff down better than any other live action actor.    Was it necessarily the best PORTRAYAL of Batman?  No, but most of that wasnt his fault.     Some of his spoken dialogue was terrible, and he never really got the chance to develop the Batman character because he was constantly sharing the stage with Superman and others.

WB has ruined or tarnished alot of these characters due to lack of development, bad casting and poor portrayals of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Everyone has their preferences.   I understand that....but Id like to hear some actual OBJECTIVE reasons for what Affleck himself so bad.

He had the look and the action stuff down better than any other live action actor.    Was it necessarily the best PORTRAYAL of Batman?  No, but most of that wasnt his fault.     Some of his spoken dialogue was terrible, and he never really got the chance to develop the Batman character because he was constantly sharing the stage with Superman and others.

WB has ruined or tarnished alot of these characters due to lack of development, bad casting and poor portrayals of them.

The majority of the issues with Affleck were due to writing. As Batman, he was pretty easily one of the best, and we didn't see much of him as Bruce.