The Batman

Acgott

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

fair enough, the handful of outlets I saw this linked on claimed he was controversial or not reliable, never heard of him so trusted their opinion.

I see what you mean. Places like We Got This Covered are reporting it now, which makes me want to believe it's not true because they are always wrong.

• Like 1

I somewhat feel for him. COVID has likely extended what is probably a super annoying working and diet regime by about 3 times the length he initially expected. 

Then again, when its millions and millions of dollars on the table, maybe just buck up? Millions of people in this country would kill to get paid to stay in shape lol

5 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I see what you mean. Places like We Got This Covered are reporting it now, which makes me want to believe it's not true because they are always wrong.

But thats not where it originated.   

I dont know if its true or not, but its now delayed until 2022.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/the-batman-delays-release-1234793625/

That could be due to numerous reasons...but I wouldnt be shocked if Pattinson is the issue.

10 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

The workouts are the easy part IMO.  When you're 165 lbs like Pattinson it's the amount of food he has to eat that's the hard part.  For someone like him he doesn't have to be photo shoot ready all the time because he has a suit on.  Same with Evans and Hemsworth. The majority of the time they just need the size because they are in costume.  They will diet down to look shredded for any abs scene and plan the scene at the end of the cut then go back to their routine.  So may be a strict 8-12 weeks but when you're getting paid millions to be a super hero that's easy.  I would bet a lot of money they don't always look "movie ready" unless they are taking something.

RP is being a little baby.  You signed on to be Batman, you need to look the part as well.  He doesn't have to live in the gym to achieve this. Hit the gym 4-5 times a week then man up and eat!

Many actors have done it.   Look what freaking Bale did when he was Batman.   

Im going to reserve judgement for now, but if this is true, eff Robert Pattinson.    Why the hell even take on the role of Batman if you have no desire to get into great shape?   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I somewhat feel for him. COVID has likely extended what is probably a super annoying working and diet regime by about 3 times the length he initially expected. 

Then again, when its millions and millions of dollars on the table, maybe just buck up? Millions of people in this country would kill to get paid to stay in shape lol

Based on the rumors, this is the 2nd or 3rd time theyve given him a deadline to be in shape.    Its not simply Covid related.

Why feel bad for him?  He gets paid millions to look and act a certain way.   He accepted the role that he knew would require bulking up.  In the one good shot we had of him as Bruce Wayne, he didn't look to be in great shape.

If this is true, I hope they just recast him.    Apparently, very limited scenes with him have been shot, so why not move on instead of working with a pu$$y actor who will probably want out of the role after the first movie, anyway?

If he is recast, IMO, we will know its true.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 43M said:

Many actors have done it.   Look what freaking Bale did when he was Batman.   

Im going to reserve judgement for now, but if this is true, eff Robert Pattinson.    Why the hell even take on the role of Batman if you have no desire to get into great shape?   

Bale went down to 120 for The Machinist, back up to 220 then cut down to 190 for Batman then went down to like 130 again.  He takes it to the extreme and he is dedicated.  I'd like to say if I have a million dollar role staring me in the face I could do it but man I'm around the same height as Bale and sit around 200-205 year round.  I can't imagine going under 180 let alone down to 120!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 3:07 AM, Outpost31 said:

I’m just glad 43 is saying it this time and not me.  He’s right though.  Batman doesn’t have to be Batfleck, but he can’t be scrawny either.  If one thing Batman’s not, it’s scrawny.  

People always bring up Keaton, but that was the 80s, and the first Batman movie.

I liked Keaton as Batman, but that wouldnt fly today.

Pattinson was growing on me, but if he doesn't want to commit, he needs to say so and let someone else take over.

• Like 1