The Batman

Acgott

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Then you didn't get it. He doesn't care about being Bruce Wayne yet. That's one of the flaws of his inexperience and by being consumed by vengeance.

I could get him not caring, but not realizing who he is just makes him look stupid, which he isn't.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

I could get him not caring, but not realizing who he is just makes him look stupid, which he isn't.

Shocking that intelligence isn't all encompassing and requires experience in areas.

28 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Shocking that intelligence isn't all encompassing and requires experience in areas.

You mean like his trusted friend and confidant Alfred literally telling him this in the movie, and I have to imagine not for the first time.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

You mean like his trusted friend and confidant Alfred literally telling him this in the movie, and I have to imagine not for the first time.

And he didn't listen because he doesn't care or see the value in it. Hence the character flaw that needed to be corrected.

• Like 3

Just watched it. I loved it. This was the first detective based Batman we've had and I am here for it. So many small things that added to the experience. Batman seeing Bruce Wayne's absense effecting the city, the mistakes both Ridder/Batman make, the narration and noir feel to it. I like that Reeves committed to 'year two' storyline and really drilled home why Gotham is in the state that it is. Especially considering the Riddler really thought Batman was on the same side as him. They were two psychos on the same side trying to hunt down people responsible for the cities state.

I liked the cast. I thought Pattinson did well. His best scene was when Riddler was screaming 'Bruce Wayne' and Pattinson showed slight facial hints he was freaking out internally. His brooding demeanor fit what Reeves wanted from a year two Batman imo.

It's up there as one of my favorite Batman movies. Going forward, I'm curious to see where they go from here. I thought Court of Owls was on the way because of the trailer, but the actual movie is making me think we're setting up for a Hush storyline. That way I'm not sure a certain cellmate is going to be the focus of any movie but who knows.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Just watched it. I loved it. This was the first detective based Batman we've had and I am here for it. So many small things that added to the experience. Batman seeing Bruce Wayne's absense effecting the city, the mistakes both Ridder/Batman make, the narration and noir feel to it. I like that Reeves committed to 'year two' storyline and really drilled home why Gotham is in the state that it is. Especially considering the Riddler really thought Batman was on the same side as him. They were two psychos on the same side trying to hunt down people responsible for the cities state.

I liked the cast. I thought Pattinson did well. His best scene was when Riddler was screaming 'Bruce Wayne' and Pattinson showed slight facial hints he was freaking out internally. His brooding demeanor fit what Reeves wanted from a year two Batman imo.

It's up there as one of my favorite Batman movies. Going forward, I'm curious to see where they go from here. I thought Court of Owls was on the way because of the trailer, but the actual movie is making me think we're setting up for a Hush storyline. That way I'm not sure a certain cellmate is going to be the focus of any movie but who knows.

I agree. I loved the movie. It had a great detective feel to it. And it opened up the door for a ton of other characters and organizations (Court of Owls).

I love that they also winked and nodded to Min and Max in the movie.

I enjoyed it. I was intrigued with Pattinson being cast to start. I'm curious to see where it goes from here. It was cool to see them focus on the Riddler for a whole movie. The ending... eh. I'm just a little tired of the character. But, we'll see where things go for the 2nd movie.

On 3/7/2022 at 5:20 PM, Deadpulse said:
On 3/7/2022 at 5:16 PM, 43M said:

Not yet.

Might be awhile.

Wrestling Sam GIF by GLOW Netflix - Find & Share on GIPHY

Pretty sure April 18th is the date it will be on HBOmax

https://tvline.com/2022/03/16/where-to-watch-the-batman-hbo-max-april/

I was off by a day

The Batman will make its HBO Max premiere on Tuesday, April 19, then hit HBO proper a few days later.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Was I the only one feeling the runtime? Seemed like that easily could have been cut down to 2.5 hours

I felt it briefly right before Riddler was caught but it washed away as soon as that sequence began 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’ve somehow avoided all spoilers. I caved in and am seeing it in imax shortly. I hope you all didn’t overhype this. 

Everyone has different tastes. I’m pretty picky with movies… and picky with my ratings, and I gave it a 9 and loved it. But yes, you certainly have guys that love every single big movie that comes out and hype up everything, lot of those guys on this forum. 

You may love it. You may like it. You may dislike it. Everyones different. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Quick thoughts:

I think some of you overrated this movie. It was good, don't get me wrong. But remove the bat costume and it could have been any other action/thriller movie. I'm also tired of the DCU's bland color palette. Batman is dark, I get it. But every scene doesn't have to be black, shades of grey, or a glowing orange.

I would've been ok with waiting for streaming.

18 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Quick thoughts:

I think some of you overrated this movie. It was good, don't get me wrong. But remove the bat costume and it could have been any other action/thriller movie. I'm also tired of the DCU's bland color palette. Batman is dark, I get it. But every scene doesn't have to be black, shades of grey, or a glowing orange.

I would've been ok with waiting for streaming.

I think the “bland” color palette worked for this type of movie. Something like Flash or Superman, no please.