The Batman

Acgott

It's possible to like this film and the Nolan ones without ****ting on one or the other. Batman Begins is a great movie. The Dark Knight is a great movie. The Batman is a great movie. I love all of them. Dragging the other(s) down doesn't make your movie(s) better.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Introduce **** Grayson

Him realizing he has to develop the Bruce side of his life, the weird brother/father relationship with D!ck I think all fit well together…. Hope the my do it.

What age range should they go? Like 13/14?

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

What age range should they go? Like 13/14?

Tom Holland in Civil War would be what I would shoot for from an age perception perspective. Probably have to cast a relative unknown. However I do think Griffin Gluck would fit the role. 

Im Joker'd out, and if this is just going to be another trilogy, Id prefer they use different characters.

Based on how this ended, I honestly kinda expect the next movie to perhaps be an Arkham style team up movie with numerous villains, and maybe the 3rd to be about the Court of Owls.

No Batman trilogy will ever be able to really do Batman, the Bat family and his rogues gallery justice.  6 to 8 hours isnt nearly enough.  Nolan came about as close as you can, but there needs to be a fully fleshed out, big budget Batman show, preferably rated R on HBO Max.   It will never happen...but I will keep calling for it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Tom Holland in Civil War would be what I would shoot for from an age perception perspective. Probably have to cast a relative unknown. However I do think Griffin Gluck would fit the role. 

He would be like 25 by then.  He has a boyish face, but that might be a BIT old for starting Grayson.   If they do a time jump and introduce him as an already established Robin...sure.

In live action, and even comics not from the 60s, I never liked the idea idea of an extremely young Robin.   Doesn't make sense whatsoever, especially in a grounded universe.   Maybe training him young, but I would prefer him not be Robin until 18 or 19.

Anyway, Jaeden Martell is another good option.

13 minutes ago, 43M said:

He would be like 25 by then.  He has a boyish face, but that might be a BIT old for starting Grayson.   If they do a time jump and introduce him as an already established Robin...sure.

In live action, and even comics not from the 60s, I never liked the idea idea of an extremely young Robin.   Doesn't make sense whatsoever, especially in a grounded universe.   Maybe training him young, but I would prefer him not be Robin until 18 or 19.

Anyway, Jaeden Martell is another good option.

Yea I mean honestly, go with a relative unknown would be my preference here. 

Honestly I would be cool with a plot where Grayson doesn't take up Robin mantle until the follow flick. Have this movie use Grayson to push Bruce into his new Batman role and help he realize that he needs to develop a Bruce Wayne persona. Would be a interesting catalyst to explore. Have him and Grayson start training after unwittingly being involved in the climax of this flick so he can become Robin in a theoretical third. 

• Like 2

On 4/20/2022 at 8:49 PM, Deadpulse said:

Personally, as a total got dang nerd, I like that the Riddler stays ahead of Batman. That was always the point of him, the guy who could actually beat him in a game of wits. However for the larger audience, maybe not the best move to have that character kick off this Batman.

However, from a narrative perspective, it still works IMO. The character arc for Batman is moving from a figure of vengeance to a beacon of hope. The Riddler is the perfect foil for this and I think the Riddler's plan working forces Batman to become what he truly needs to become. 

Yes, exactly. This was by far the best Batman character development we have gotten, and they didnt even do the "batman origin story" and simply started 2 years in. 

I have seen a few people say that they didnt like the riddler. I thought he was a fantastic villain, one of the best and most competent in any superhero movie. He was shrewd and lewd

I guess I could see how some people would say there were some "slow" parts towards the end, but those scenes were meant to be tension filled and have you on the edge of your seat without trying too hard. The riddler calling out Bruce Wayne to batman sets up a perfect comeback for the riddler in the future

This was just a brilliant film from start to finish and imo a true masterpiece. Im excited for the next one.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 43M said:

Im Joker'd out, and if this is just going to be another trilogy, Id prefer they use different characters.

Based on how this ended, I honestly kinda expect the next movie to perhaps be an Arkham style team up movie with numerous villains, and maybe the 3rd to be about the Court of Owls.

No Batman trilogy will ever be able to really do Batman, the Bat family and his rogues gallery justice.  6 to 8 hours isnt nearly enough.  Nolan came about as close as you can, but there needs to be a fully fleshed out, big budget Batman show, preferably rated R on HBO Max.   It will never happen...but I will keep calling for it.

reading Reaves comments about that joker scene has me thinking he won't be the main villain in part 2. I look at the scene as a preview to the akharm show HBO Max is making. I think riddler and Joker will be regulars in that show along with other Batman villains. We will also see more of that world in the penguin show. it was originally going to be the sequel, but now its a 6 to 8 hr miniseries focusing on a gang war. I think this world will be the closest to getting all of Batman world on screen with the movies and shows.

7 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I never been a fan of robin, so if he isn’t in these movies I’d be fine with it. Also please no more joker’s 

This Batman just doesn't really feel like its meant for a Robin.   The Bruce Wayne persona hasnt even been fully established yet, and if this is only meant to be a trilogy, introducing Robin could take ALOT away from developing both Bruce and future characters.

I would absolutely love to see a Batman and Bat Family brought to live action...but it needs more than 3 movies to work.   Not that it cant work, but WB has a habit of trying to jam pack too much into these movies.

Edited by 43M