2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

looks like Herbert, Kinlaw, van Jefferson, mims, Collins, hill, chinn, dugger, Jackson and holmes mighta made themselves a little cha-ching. Harrison and davis gaither should be on our radars. especially DG IMHO. (kid was apparently covering everything along with dugger…..jus sayin....)

24 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

All I know is if they had just went Devin White last year the AJ Espensa pick is a no brainer. 

Would you prefer White/Espensa or Ferrell/Queen?

Agreed but the bright side to this is if Maxx doesn’t break out, Espensa is still a no brainer. His breakout saved us a 1st basically. We always needed two edges. 

Edited by BayRaider

13 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

All I know is if they had just went Devin White last year the AJ Espensa pick is a no brainer. 

Would you prefer White/Espensa or Ferrell/Queen?

Tough one for me and I was pounding the table for White more than anyone else last year.  There are a lot of ways to look at this but from what I think right now is that White is a better value at 4 last year and Espensa would be a better value than Queen at 12 or 19.  So I would go with White and Espensa right now.  I do think Ferrell will have a much better year 2 and Queen will be a better pro than he was in college.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He started off poorly and was injured, but iirc he turned it on later in the year. Similarly to Ferrell from the sounds of it. 

White had a horrible begginning which part of it was injury but White was also not a finished product.  Even towards the end of the year he was still taking a lot of false steps and his diagnosis seemed a tick behind everyone else.  He is still learning the position and his instincts are weak.  His athleticism helps him overcome this and he still had a good rookie year.  Ferrell was suppose to be pro ready with a lower ceiling.  So both starting off slow is expected for one and bad for the other.  I still like Ferrell but when that light turns on for White he will be one of the best in the league.

38 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

White had a horrible begginning which part of it was injury but White was also not a finished product.  Even towards the end of the year he was still taking a lot of false steps and his diagnosis seemed a tick behind everyone else.  He is still learning the position and his instincts are weak.  His athleticism helps him overcome this and he still had a good rookie year.  Ferrell was suppose to be pro ready with a lower ceiling.  So both starting off slow is expected for one and bad for the other.  I still like Ferrell but when that light turns on for White he will be one of the best in the league.

So now White wasn't ready and we should have taken him at 4, that's an excuse. That being said it's his first season but I still maintain PIT LB will have the better career I wasnt high on White at all and he has been poor at all aspects of linebacking literally at the bottom.

Edited by raidr4life

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

So now White wasn't ready and we should have taken him at 4, that's an excuse. That being said it's his first season but I still maintain PIT LB will have the better career I wasnt high on White at all and he has been poor at all aspects of linebacking literally at the bottom.

Part of him sucking was the injury.  That is not an excuse.  He takes a lot of false steps and has HOF talent.  Therefore his cost benefit is worth the number 4 pick.  That is like saying every highly drafted QB needs to produce right away.  There is going to be a learning curve for every rookie.  Some just a little longer than others.  White's is longer but payoff greater.  Ferrell's shorter but pay off less.  Ferrell's was just as long and he has a lower ceiling.  Therefore White is a better prospect.  Now Bush vs White is another argument and many people thought they were 1a and 1b.  I thought White was better but not by much and Bush was more pro ready.  I would have liked a small trade back for Bush but would have preferred Bush over Ferrel.

Edited by drfrey13

Pick 19 Sleeper Candidate:

Jaylon Johnson out of Utah. Mayocks exact corner he likes. Physical in both the pass game and run game. Will jam you, can move inside if needed and has been effective there, and he is very fluid in man coverage. 

After watching him I think he is my new CB2 in the draft. 

Like I said, without a corner opposite Mullen this year we aren’t getting past 8-8. And the FA options look miserable. 

Edited by BayRaider

Liked him in the 3rd... if we draft a wr at 12 would you guys trade 19 and get 2 2nds??? Or even trade to

mid 20s for 2nd or 3rd or 4th... 

say 12 WR 

2- Def

2- Def

3- RB

3- Def

3- Def

4- WR (deep class) 

3 play makers and trust Mayock to draft 4 impact players on defense