2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd trust vic the most. He knows more than Albright, who's going off of non-raiders sources. Who may have beliefs. Similar to miller who said "front office execs believe". Those execs have no idea. They can't read the mind of the FO. 

Yeah, I'm not buying into the Raiders trading up at all. We already have limited draft capital this year and we have so many holes. If Okudah or Simmons fall to 8, I could see us giving up a 3rd and a future pick, potentially. But that doesn't seem likely because even if Detroit trades down with Miami they'll likely select Okudah at #5. 

A ton of smoke around this time of the year. Just like the Tom Brady rumors. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

If the Raiders trade up, I hope it's for Okudah. Mullen and Okudah at the corners would be filthy. 

Another dream scenario. Would be trading #12 and #80 for #8 to take Okudah. And then moving #19 to Chicago for #43 and #50. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Absolutely. 12/19/91 is actually good value for Tua considering he’s the #1 pick in most draft classes. This will be the only year we are in position to grab a possible Franchise QB. Every other year we may be picking 16 or later, and will have no trade ammo either. 

Trade Carr for a 3rd. Trade two of those thirds for a 2nd and get a WR. 

I'm not trading Carr for a 3rd. We'd have 5 million dead cap and then the cap space we save from Carr would mostly go to Marcus for his incentives. That's a terrible business decision for a 3rd. Marcus is just getting into the system and Carr is going on third season. Roll with Carr, give Marcus some reps, Tua on IR and if we don't get a decent offer with picks and players, then keep all of them and bring Tua in for the reps Marcus was getting after coming back from IR. Trade Carr in 2021 as he has no dead cap and all QB needy teams will easily give a 2nd. If we make the playoffs, I'm keeping Carr and letting Marcus go. Tua has to beat out Carr and I'm good with keeping Carr as long as we're in the playoffs and not getting good offers for him. A 3rd is nothing and would rather keep him. His salary isn't much either so I see it as a win/win. It'd be smart especially if Tua can't beat him out or stay healthy. Having Trent Brown protecting his blindside sure would keep him protected though. 

• Like 2

Swap Herbert and Tua and I agree with his rankings, although that’s not the point. Point is, another former QB defending Jordan Loves INT’s. Do the media guys defend his INT’s? Hit and miss. However, three former NFL QB’s including Chris Simms, Dan Orlovsky, and JT O Sullivan and one former College QB in Daniel Jeremiah defend Loves 2019 INT’s and blame Utah State. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Swap Herbert and Tua and I agree with his rankings, although that’s not the point. Point is, another former QB defending Jordan Loves INT’s. Do the media guys defend his INT’s? Hit and miss. However, three former NFL QB’s including Chris Simms, Dan Orlovsky, and JT O Sullivan and one former College QB in Daniel Jeremiah defend Loves 2019 INT’s and blame Utah State. 

Do you buy any stock to the rumors that Love did poorly in interviews at the combine? If it’s true, I wouldn’t be surprised he drops out of the 1st.

4 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Do you buy any stock to the rumors that Love did poorly in interviews at the combine? If it’s true, I wouldn’t be surprised he drops out of the 1st.

No clue. Could be true, could be a Front Office trying to push him down. 

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

"I don't agree with his rankings but listen to him know his Evaluation" 

Nope doesn't work for me. 

It's going to be so good on this forum for 10 minutes...

I can already see it now.

Raiders trade up. Everyone on here is going to be going crazy for 10 minutes while we are on the clock with all the QB scenarios. Only to have us draft a a defensive player. It's going to be some good reading. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He started a lot of games for Chicago and played pretty well. He is a bit of a projection, but I think he's an ascending player.

I agree, don't get me wrong. I'm not as high on him as most given the sample size was small. And he played with a lot of talent in Chicago. Optimistic, but about half of a teams FA signings will flop and he's one I'm not high on. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd trust vic the most. He knows more than Albright, who's going off of non-raiders sources. Who may have beliefs. Similar to miller who said "front office execs believe". Those execs have no idea. They can't read the mind of the FO. 

I like Vic, but let's not forget he went HARD on Mack not being traded and had to eat a lot of crow. A clock is right twice a day as they say.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roi34 said:

Wr at 12 is the way to go. Need a top Wr in first. Only way I accept otherwise. 

Simmons/JO 

Then I go WR @ 19

Ruggs/Jefferson prob

After consideration the only way that I'd pass on a WR at #12 would be if Simmons, Okudah, or Brown are still on the board. Collins/Brown in the middle of our DL could transform our pass rush, especially if Crosby/Ferrell take a step forward this season too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I agree, don't get me wrong. I'm not as high on him as most given the sample size was small. And he played with a lot of talent in Chicago. Optimistic, but about half of a teams FA signings will flop and he's one I'm not high on. 

I think that he'll be an average starter here, not spectacular but solid nonetheless. But even that is light years ahead of anything we've had at LB the last couple of years. 

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Didn't Utah State bring in a new OC but force him to run the same system/plays so that Love would be comfortable? 

FWIW from Vic's latest mailbag: 

• He doesn't think that Queen/Murray are in play at #19, said to keep an eye on Colorado's Davion Taylor as a late round target at LB.

• Doesn't think that we're high on Jordan Love but still thinks we could target Hurts in the 3rd.

• Said Gruden sees Ruggs as his potential Tyreek Hill. 

• Doesn't think we'll target a safety in the first round.

• Could see a small trade up if Okudah or Simmons fall down the board but thinks it's unlikely. 

• Said CJ Henderson is a potential sleeper pick at #12. 

Edited by NYRaider