2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

11 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

We absolutely have to walk away with Isaiah Simmons or Jordyn Brooks. I would much rather end up with Simmons, but we may have to pick top five to get him. Not saying that won’t happen, but I think that’s where he goes. 

Off the LOS LB's always drop. Devin White was a big exception, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's there in the teens.

Watched the OU and Texas game earlier and CeeDee is a bad man. Give me any one of the top 4 WRs(CeeDee,Higgins, Jeudy,Huggins) and I’ll be happy.

I also wish Lincoln Riley would just jump to the NFL. I love his creativeness. One play he had CeeDee and a pitch option that turned into a wheel route where he was left wide open and CeeDee just embarrassed 4 Texas DBs and jukes them. 

Plus what Riley does with QBs is amazing. 

If your a Alabama WR you know how to run a slant route to perfection. Ruggs, Jeudy, Smith all have mastered the slant route 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

Brandon Aiyuk from ASU is probably the best WR that no one is talking about. Might be better than N'Keal Harry was with the ball in his hands. 

Also for what's is worth. Mike Mayock was at the Oregon game last night. Would imagine Herbert and Laviska were the reason why he made that trip

Edited by agarcia34

Besides Lamb, I think a big bodied receiver who can get vertical, excel at contested catches and create YAC is what we're after.

Shenault is a good fit in that regard, though he seems raw. Higgins ditto. 
Ruggs is tantalizing though because of his track speed. You put him in the offense and you can move him around like the Chiefs do with hill. And with Jacobs in the backfield, he'll keep people honest. 
Praying that the bears pick is really high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Praying that the bears pick is really high.

The defense collapses after we ran the ball down their throats and the QB's throw pick 6's all season long. TOP 5 pick would be excellent.

EDIT: There are some really bad teams so probably top 10 even if they lost every game from here on out. LOL

Edited by G
  • Like 1

Assuming we will be 11 and 20 and sign Clowney and resign Karl Joseph.

Yes I would pay Clowney the same as Mack and not blink twice and still think we won the Mack Trade. I don't buy that Abrams was drafted to replace KoJo, I know Mayock thinks KoJo is better at FS then SS and they believe they could work together if KoJo could show strides in PG's Scheme he will be resigned and he has. 

I would like to come away with Laviska Shenault and Jacob Phillips with those picks. Gives us a MLB and a #1 WR. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Saw a comp for CeeDee Lamb on twitter that I love and can't believe I didn't see it myself. CeeDee = DeAndre Hopkins.

I agree with that. If Lamb is there I would jump. Not a bad year to have a need at WR going into the draft. Seems stacked. 

• Like 2

great year to need a WR some true ballers will be available. Like some other posters have mentioned, If Zay can come in and be a solid #2 type, then add  WR in round #1, our offense can be legit. i dont think we need a Julio/DHop type # 1, with how DC spreads it out. i would be cool with 3 #2s with Waller and Jacobs involved in the pass game. Lamb is looking real nice, but we might be having to pick in the late teens-20's. i would love a sure-handed YAC monster in this offense. I think it would also be wise to add another RB by either FA or the draft to take some of the load off of JJ, much like Crowell would have had he stayed healthy, we need a two-headed monster if we are going to be a run-oriented offense. I would love to emulate Gruden's offense in his first stint in Oakland, run-first and efficient in the pass game. With Gabe coming back, i think this OL is going to be taking the next step and we will be dominant up front, eventually we would need to replace Incognito who has been great, id take a G in round 3 to develop for a year much like weve done with Mullen. So if we can just add a couple playmakers and some depth, this offense can really take off. 

On defense, i think we have some nice pieces and Guenther is showing he is a good DC. We need a lot more help on defense than on offense, but i dont believe we are as far off as many think. I would like to see how some of the young guys finish to see what we really would need. Ferrell has started slower than most would have liked but i believe in his game and think he is going to prove to be just fine. Ive always seen him as a Willie McGinest type, maybe not ever an All Pro, but a huge piece to a team that does many of the little things that good teams need to get done, and yes Willie was taken #4. Crosby has flashed, can he be our Jared Allen? I sure hope so, dude has the makings of a very nice player, i can see why we were so happy to have him. I really like Conley, KJ and Abram in our secondary, i loved the physicality of our safeties in that Denver game, those guys set the tone, cant wait to see them together again. Conley is a good CB, and i dont think he gets the credit he deserves, just yet. Would like to see what Mullen and Johnson have before i say we need a CB, Worley also hasnt been bad,  i wouldnt mind him returning and giving the young guns time to develop. I think this defense improves a ton with two moves. Signing Jadevoen Clowney, and taking Dylan Moses or Isaiah Simmons in the First round. Clowney would solidify us up front, and a standout MLB would finally give us a playmaker in the middle of our defense which weve been lacking forever.

my off-season

sign: Clowney

re-sign: Waller, Joseph, Worley, Good, Mayowa, Mauro, Incognito, Trevor Davis

Draft 

Round 1 WR, MLB

Round 3 G, RB

I think if we continue playing hard and developing an identity this season, retain and add the players above, we would be a scary team going into 2020. 

• Like 3

looking at the WRs in this draft, i like all of em lol

I think Jeudy is the best of the bunch, but i dont think hell be available where we pick. 

Shenault is built like a RB andis a YAC monster,very intriguing fit for our offense, could eat underneath and kill after the catch(ideal for Carr lol) Reminds me of Golden Tate. But he doesnt play for Clemson or Bama

I really like Higgins but he is a lot like TW, very interested in his 40 time. Carr likes these big bodied type of WRs.

Lamb is coming off an insane game and is probably the flavor of the week. very good prospect. Doesnt play for Bama or Clemson.

Honeslty, i think Ruggs is the best fit for our offense, he has game breaking speed and and will take the top off the defense, will also be able to take short gains the distance.  Ruggs, Jones and Williams make for an intriguing WR core. 

Obviously, a ton of time between now and the draft and a lot of things will change. Guys might get hurt, get in trouble etc. The combine will also have a huge say in things. Really interested in Shenault, Higgings and Lambs numbers. 

Several different types of Wrs, but all ballers in their own right. Great year to need a WR.