2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

On 10/15/2019 at 11:21 AM, Geezy said:

great year to need a WR some true ballers will be available. Like some other posters have mentioned, If Zay can come in and be a solid #2 type, then add  WR in round #1, our offense can be legit. i dont think we need a Julio/DHop type # 1, with how DC spreads it out. i would be cool with 3 #2s with Waller and Jacobs involved in the pass game. Lamb is looking real nice, but we might be having to pick in the late teens-20's. i would love a sure-handed YAC monster in this offense. I think it would also be wise to add another RB by either FA or the draft to take some of the load off of JJ, much like Crowell would have had he stayed healthy, we need a two-headed monster if we are going to be a run-oriented offense. I would love to emulate Gruden's offense in his first stint in Oakland, run-first and efficient in the pass game. With Gabe coming back, i think this OL is going to be taking the next step and we will be dominant up front, eventually we would need to replace Incognito who has been great, id take a G in round 3 to develop for a year much like weve done with Mullen. So if we can just add a couple playmakers and some depth, this offense can really take off. 

On defense, i think we have some nice pieces and Guenther is showing he is a good DC. We need a lot more help on defense than on offense, but i dont believe we are as far off as many think. I would like to see how some of the young guys finish to see what we really would need. Ferrell has started slower than most would have liked but i believe in his game and think he is going to prove to be just fine. Ive always seen him as a Willie McGinest type, maybe not ever an All Pro, but a huge piece to a team that does many of the little things that good teams need to get done, and yes Willie was taken #4. Crosby has flashed, can he be our Jared Allen? I sure hope so, dude has the makings of a very nice player, i can see why we were so happy to have him. I really like Conley, KJ and Abram in our secondary, i loved the physicality of our safeties in that Denver game, those guys set the tone, cant wait to see them together again. Conley is a good CB, and i dont think he gets the credit he deserves, just yet. Would like to see what Mullen and Johnson have before i say we need a CB, Worley also hasnt been bad,  i wouldnt mind him returning and giving the young guns time to develop. I think this defense improves a ton with two moves. Signing Jadevoen Clowney, and taking Dylan Moses or Isaiah Simmons in the First round. Clowney would solidify us up front, and a standout MLB would finally give us a playmaker in the middle of our defense which weve been lacking forever.

my off-season

sign: Clowney

re-sign: Waller, Joseph, Worley, Good, Mayowa, Mauro, Incognito, Trevor Davis

Draft 

Round 1 WR, MLB

Round 3 G, RB

I think if we continue playing hard and developing an identity this season, retain and add the players above, we would be a scary team going into 2020. 

Good plan, I would invest in 2 pass rushers 

Perfect end of 2019 and offseason brief

--------------

• Sneak in playoffs with wild card
  • Bears pick is in the top 10
  • Jacobs wins Offensive rookie of the year
  • Carr makes another probowl

Go into offseason with a good young team, with 90m in cap space and two 1st rounders 

Holes going into to the offseason 

• WR1
  • LG
  • RB2 draft in 3rd or 4th round
  • OLB
  • DE. (free agency spend on two studs for both sides)

We could plug a lot of the holes next offseason. Actually could see Morrow being a long term starter and Whitehead sliding over to MLB(he is a leader and solid).

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We should of just traded back and got Simmons. Probably the 4th best player in the draft overall if unaffected by injury. Big if though. 

He still hasn’t played a down of football so it’s hard to say he’s going to be hitting his full potential. And there’s no way anyone could have predicted that he’d be healed by week 7. 

Been thinking that CeeDee probably won’t be around outside the top 10 or top 12. Ruggs could be the perfect WR for the Raiders. Arguably the fastest WR coming out him and Hamler from Penn St probably in the same boat as far as speed. 

Got the big body WR in Tyrell. Got the freakish speed WR in Ruggs. Waller at TE. Jacobs at RB. 

Super excited to see his offense next year. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Been thinking that CeeDee probably won’t be around outside the top 10 or top 12. Ruggs could be the perfect WR for the Raiders. Arguably the fastest WR coming out him and Hamler from Penn St probably in the same boat as far as speed. 

Got the big body WR in Tyrell. Got the freakish speed WR in Ruggs. Waller at TE. Jacobs at RB. 

Super excited to see his offense next year. 

Honestly I think a lot of the receivers can fit in a lot of ways. However you win, you win.

If Ceedee and Jeudy are not in range (Chicago COULD pick top 10, look at their schedule), I agree Ruggs is a possibility. As is Tee Higgins/Shenault. 

Shenault is a physical monster. He carries that Colorado team. I worry that he's raw, but his upside is monstrous. Still, give me Ruggs over him because I feel like Ruggs is a sure thing. I'd take Ruggs anywhere outside the top 10.

We currently have picks 16 & 18 right now. I hope we don’t do anything drastic and trade a #1. Hopefully the GC trade was more about getting Mullen and Johnson reps, than anything crazy. 

I really like the idea of having 3 3rds, gives us a bunch or options to target a player or move around the draft board. Mayock did really well in the mid rounds, grabbing Moreau and Crosby.

If we stand pat with our current picks(highly doubtful) WR, DE, LB, RB, G please.

Would you guys trade Gabe Jackson to a contender for a 2nd or 3rd?  A team like the Pats could really use a guard like Gabe Jackson. Good has shown his is a good guard. Pull the trigger and  trade Gabe for a 2nd or even a 3rd If we could get that much. Save money to go get defense in free agency 

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

It’s one of the worst seasons of SUCK I’ve ever seen. A few additions and we can steal a wildcard spot with how bad the suction is. Need WR/Pass rusher and maybe a backup RB just in case As it’s a long season especially if we’re thinking playoffs.

HB yes I’d trade Jackson for a 2nd to NE. 3rd I’d think about but probably because we’ve got a lot of cap tied into the Oline. 

Edited by G

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Would you guys trade Gabe Jackson to a contender for a 2nd or 3rd?  A team like the Pats could really use a guard like Gabe Jackson. Good has shown his is a good guard. Pull the trigger and  trade Gabe for a 2nd or even a 3rd If we could get that much. Save money to go get defense in free agency 

Actually not a bad idea.  🤔.  I don't think Gabe would command a 2nd.  But probably net a 3rd. 

• Like 1