2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I am all for double LB in the 1st round now. 

#8 (trade up) Simmons

#19 Queen 

Our nickle package would be godly. 

I came to this scenario last week, and with the right FA moves it has becomes my favorite offseason.

Honestly, I know it will be unpopular. But Whitehead is a very good fit at SLB next to those two in the base. 

47 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I came to this scenario last week, and with the right FA moves it has becomes my favorite offseason.

Honestly, I know it will be unpopular. But Whitehead is a very good fit at SLB next to those two in the base. 

I’m all about double LBs....

trade up for Simmons at 8, trade back around 28-30 for Murray,,, assuming Queen goes before Murray.  We could pick up the picks we gave up for Simmons, maybe more.  

I don’t think I’d go into the draft looking for both, but if Murray is there and other options are gone I’d double up.

people talk about doubling up WR in 1 and 3, but LB is a has way less talent imo so I don’t think it’d be a crazy idea.  Then go WR in round 3, 2x

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

BP's boy Shenault hurt again lol

Not even in the 3rd... give me Jeudy/Ruggs/Aiyuk/Lamb/Jefferson in the 1st. Any of the five (although certainly not Jefferson/Aiyuk at Pick 12) will do. 

In the 3rd give me a speedster with potential. 

Shenault is injury prone as can be and his tape is not even that impressive. He’s a slower Cordelle Patterson. 

People in this sub like @MrOaktown_56 gave Tua s*** all season long and all off season that he had such an all star cast. SMH. Jefferson is DJ’s #16 Prospect, my #24 Prospect, and a universally agreed-upon 1st Round talent. Chase will also be a Top 5 pick next year and is a better WR than anyone in this draft class. I could easily argue Burrow had a better overall cast than Tua, which he did. Not to mention Joe Brady landing an NFL OC job for his amazing pass plays. That guys concepts were on par with Lincoln Riley. Alabama had a better OL but LSUs line is no joke. 

Edited by BayRaider

Great WR class in the first few rounds but the Top 4 OTs in this class are legit elite prospects. Where were these guys in 2018? Also like Austin Jackson as a End of 1st-Mid 2nd guy who should end up as a quality starter. 

5 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Would we want to pay $7m a year for a SLB though? 

I really feel we need to find a way to manoeuvre ourselves back into the 2nd round, whether that's by trading up with our 3rds or future picks I can see some really good players dropping down into that region. Guys that we thought were first round picks and fell victim to a run on OTs or QBs maybe.     

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I really feel we need to find a way to manoeuvre ourselves back into the 2nd round, whether that's by trading up with our 3rds or future picks I can see some really good players dropping down into that region. Guys that we thought were first round picks and fell victim to a run on OTs or QBs maybe.     

Agree, this is a stud 2nd Round draft. Not just projects, but quality starters. Tons of WRs, Guards, Safetys, and loadddds of CBs. The 1st Round CB class sucks but the 2nd is nuts. I have like 7 corners graded as a 2nd Round Pick. 

Edited by BayRaider