2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I was gonna ask HB the fresno guy what he knows about this guy. Is he legit or a workout warrior?

He’s legit, only problem is his heath. The guy can’t stay healthy but he’s a mauler. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

btw.....whoever gets drafted.... there ALL "my guys"! lmao!

I'll be the first to admit I thought Jacobs was overhyped.  I thought his speed would be an issue, which yeah he can't break away, but the man can make plays.  He welcomes contact when its unavoidable and he doesn't go down when defenders try to arm tackle him.  He has great balance and the ability to change direction on a dime.  It's players like him that make me shut up and thank the lord for our Raider Savior, the great, great, I cannot emphasize this enough, GREAT, Mike Mayock. 

I looked at last years draft after it was over and honestly had a lot of problems with a lot of players.  I couldn't believe we picked up Maxx Crosby, I saw his motor but just could not get over the fact that the guy was about 220 lbs at 6'5".  I thought for sure he would be rag dolled around during his first two seasons.  Man was I wrong.  I see all the news going on right now with who we are interested in and honestly couldn't care less.  It's all speculation.  Mike Mayock is going to probably have us ready to fist fight each other after the first round alone.  Then when we go 10-6 (12-4, 16-0 (superbowl champions)) next season and have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL, we will all conclude that we no longer need to talk about DC and whether he should be the QB and world peace will finally happen.  It'll be glorious.  Alright, rant over.  Good talk.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

He’s legit, only problem is his heath. The guy can’t stay healthy but he’s a mauler. 

Health for a RB is so important.  I don't want a RB who couldn't stay healthy in college.  I said in my post before that I didn't want Jacobs, but I will say that I really liked the fact that he barely played in college compared to most RBs who start for 4 years in college.  I knew he'd have fresh legs and will most likely have a long career (for a RB anyway).  So yeah, if a RB isn't healthy in college, hard pass.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Health for a RB is so important.  I don't want a RB who couldn't stay healthy in college.  I said in my post before that I didn't want Jacobs, but I will say that I really liked the fact that he barely played in college compared to most RBs who start for 4 years in college.  I knew he'd have fresh legs and will most likely have a long career (for a RB anyway).  So yeah, if a RB isn't healthy in college, hard pass.

They're talking about an OL, not RB

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I'll be the first to admit I thought Jacobs was overhyped.  I thought his speed would be an issue, which yeah he can't break away, but the man can make plays.  He welcomes contact when its unavoidable and he doesn't go down when defenders try to arm tackle him.  He has great balance and the ability to change direction on a dime.  It's players like him that make me shut up and thank the lord for our Raider Savior, the great, great, I cannot emphasize this enough, GREAT, Mike Mayock. 

I looked at last years draft after it was over and honestly had a lot of problems with a lot of players.  I couldn't believe we picked up Maxx Crosby, I saw his motor but just could not get over the fact that the guy was about 220 lbs at 6'5".  I thought for sure he would be rag dolled around during his first two seasons.  Man was I wrong.  I see all the news going on right now with who we are interested in and honestly couldn't care less.  It's all speculation.  Mike Mayock is going to probably have us ready to fist fight each other after the first round alone.  Then when we go 10-6 (12-4, 16-0 (superbowl champions)) next season and have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL, we will all conclude that we no longer need to talk about DC and whether he should be the QB and world peace will finally happen.  It'll be glorious.  Alright, rant over.  Good talk.

Agree with a lot of this, Im not going to crown him just yet but Mayock was my favourite draft TV guy, always found him very articulate and logical when discussing prospects. He seems so well grounded and focussed and his handling of the AB situation was very professional and dignified unlike the other party.

I think he's done a very good job thus far, maybe with a couple misses on trades and FAs but every FO suffers that. Ive always been impressed with him and I think he's a real old school football guy who likes the nitty gritty and is a great figure to front the organisation. I think Al Davis would have respected him as he's all in football. I cant imagine many head scratching moves in the draft from MM, I think we can put our trust in him to keep the erratic Gruden on the straight and narrow.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I was definitely wrong about josh

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

They're talking about an OL, not RB

Totally misread that.  I saw something like "going to ask about the HB from Fresno" blah blah and just threw my two cents in there.  I haven't posted in a while.  Most of the threads are just separate arguments between two posters right now lol.  It's like 16 posters divide into 8 threads and clash on insignificant crap for weeks at a time.  Anyway, my bad.

• Like 2

I was a big stan for Josh Jacobs during the draft process. 

Mayock deserves a lot of credit, but he has to continue to have success. I do think he has earned a lot of respect from around the league after the first draft. 

Im at the point where i trust Mayock. I was a little skeptical at first because he and Gruden have some ego to them, so i wasnt sure how it would work. But to their credit, they both seem to put the team first and arent necessarily looking for the credit. I was iffy on last years draft, i was high on Jacobs and and Cle(although, like most wouldve wanted him later) but i really didnt know much about the rest, excluding Mullen, who i thought was a solid pick(i think TMullen was our best pick outside of Maxx). So this year, obviously, i have some preferences, and like some prospects more than others, but ill trust in Mayock and hold judgement until the season starts. Its a really good feeling to go into the off-season confident in the FO, and not hoping to continue being the laughing stock of the league. With that being said, this is a huge off-season that could truly turn us into a contender.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I was gonna ask HB the fresno guy what he knows about this guy. Is he legit or a workout warrior?

He’s a legit mauler, but has injury concerns. He tried to play hurt, but it impacted him. First round talent when healthy, look at the Alabama tape 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

He’s a legit mauler, but has injury concerns. He tried to play hurt, but it impacted him. First round talent when healthy, look at the Alabama tape 

Say we didn’t have Gabe how early would you draft him?