2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Ben Allbright did a mock last night for the top 15 and had the Raiders selecting Jeudy at 12. Said look at the WRs Gruden has had previously in Oakland and Tampa all similar builds to Jeudy and the fit makes a lot of sense. 

Except he traded Cooper who was of similar build. Jeudy compares to Cooper, so always scratch my head with what Gruden was thinking with him and how that will reflect in the draft.

Just now, big_palooka said:

Except he traded Cooper who was of similar build. Jeudy compares to Cooper, so always scratch my head with what Gruden was thinking with him and how that will reflect in the draft.

Do you believe Jeudy has better hands than Cooper?

3 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Do you believe Jeudy has better hands than Cooper?

Dunno alot of question about his fire and competitiveness... I like the Abrams and Murray's of drafts. Guys that love football. 

4 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Dunno alot of question about his fire and competitiveness... I like the Abrams and Murray's of drafts. Guys that love football. 

My favorite WR in the draft is Lamb but idk about the lack of fire and competitiveness of Jeudy. I am sure he will be 10000% committed to the cause and just say we did draft him. Gruden will convert him into the holy sanctum of football and religious wood knocking

My Current QB Rankings:

1) Joe Burrow - Grade: Top 3
    My favorite QB prospect since Andrew Luck.
2) Tua - Grade: Top 10
    Tua has a high floor and will be a nice QB, if he can stay healthy.
3) Jordan Love - Grade: Early 2nd
    A raw prospect with a really high ceiling. Needs to sit a year.
4) Jacob Eason - Grade: Late 2nd
    Arguably the best natural thrower in this class. But is streaky and inconsistent.
5) Justin Herbert - Grade: Early 3rd
    The best all around physical tools in the draft. The lack of accuracy and intangibles lowers his stock IMO.
6) James Morgan - Grade: Early 4th round
    Good arm talent and good enough mobility, but has inconsistent accuracy and pocket awareness. He is fearless (probably to a fault). Has a tendency to throw the ball up for grabs when pressured.
7) Jake Fromm - Grade: 5th round
    Game manager extraordinaire..... I don't like those. It's a ME thing....
8) Jalen Hurts - Grade: Would not draft
    It HURTS to watch him against decent competition. Passing skills need a lot of work.

Will do the WRs later. 

• Like 1

Reading some posts in here,

Jerry Jeudy does indeed have some Amari in his game, the main thing being that elusiveness and yards after catch ability. His skillset with the ball in his hand is very identical to Amari, moves just like him. 

However, best NFL comparison for Jeudy is Chad Johnson which I’ve stated many times. I feel Jeudy’s skillset and style of play is Chad to a T. The route running is very similar, the foot quickness during routes is very similar, and the burst at the top of the route is something I’ve only seen Antonio Brown and Chad Johnson do that effectively. Jerry Jeudy just gets me so excited as I see him as Chad Johnson with Amaris YAC ability. This is why I’ve said I could see him as a Top 6 WR in his first few years. I’m very high on the guy. He’s as polished and well-rounded as any WR we’ve seen in the past several years. A true WR1 and possible superstar in the wings. 

The other two prospects in CeeDee and Ruggs III, we don’t know exactly what we are getting at the NFL level. Ruggs could be Hill 2.0 given the right coaching. Lamb could be a dominant outside WR that’s very physical, but he would need a couple speed guys for him to flourish. Lamb really excites me as a 3rd down WR. He’s gonna convert a lot of those. 

And don’t sleep on Jefferson, man. Tough, well-rounded, well-coached, good speed, just an overall very solid WR. He’ll be at least an upper tier WR2, but could absolutely develop into a WR1. 

And a guy I’m higher on than most, and still not mentioned around here much (just seems to be a FF thing in particular) is Brandon Aiyuk. Just love him. He is going to develop into one of the best play making WRs in the NFL, mark my words. 

All five of those guys are 1st Rounders to me, and I’m usually not a WR in 1st kind of guy. 

My favorite 2nd Round or later prospect is Denzel Mims. He’s gonna be last years McLaurin. Mims is a guy I think we all love, which is a nice universal agreement. Unfortunately his stock keeps rising and rising. I wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up as a Top 35 pick come draft day. 

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Antoine Winefield Jr or Ashtyn Davis are my next two.

Love both these guys. I’m a Cal guy, but I recently moved Winfield above Davis. Winfield is gonna be a 2nd Round stud. Really sucks we don’t have a 2nd Rounder. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

My Current QB Rankings:

1) Joe Burrow - Grade: Top 3
    My favorite QB prospect since Andrew Luck.
2) Tua - Grade: Top 10
    Tua has a high floor and will be a nice QB, if he can stay healthy.
3) Jordan Love - Grade: Early 2nd
    A raw prospect with a really high ceiling. Needs to sit a year.
4) Jacob Eason - Grade: Late 2nd
    Arguably the best natural thrower in this class. But is streaky and inconsistent.
5) Justin Herbert - Grade: Early 3rd
    The best all around physical tools in the draft. The lack of accuracy and intangibles lowers his stock IMO.
6) James Morgan - Grade: Early 4th round
    Good arm talent and good enough mobility, but has inconsistent accuracy and pocket awareness. He is fearless (probably to a fault). Has a tendency to throw the ball up for grabs when pressured.
7) Jake Fromm - Grade: 5th round
    Game manager extraordinaire..... I don't like those. It's a ME thing....
8) Jalen Hurts - Grade: Would not draft
    It HURTS to watch him against decent competition. Passing skills need a lot of work.

Will do the WRs later. 

Thanks for the quality post. My rankings are similar, but grades different:

Generational Prospects:

1) Joe Burrow (#1)

2) Tua (#2)

Upper Tier Prospect:

3. Jordan Love (#14)

Mid 2nd Round Grade:

4. Jake Fromm

5. Jacob Eason

6. Justin Herbert

Early 4th Round:

7. James Morgan

Recently downgraded Fromm to a 2nd Rounder, but still would take him over Eason and Herbert given the right system. I still think Fromm can run the Patriots, Saints, and Raiders systems like a Top 10-12 QB. Fromm is money on timing and anticipation throws. 

QB Rankings in 2019: 

(verifiable in QB Prospects 2019 thread) 

1) Kyler Murray (#1)

2) Ryan Finley - Early 2nd

3) Will Grier - Mid 2nd

4) Dwayne Haskins - Late 2nd

5) Drew Lock - Early 3rd

6) Daniel Jones - Early 4th

7) Brett Rypien - Mid 4th

I thought last years QB class was horrible, and this years class is miles, miles better, and a good time to select a QB. Had Murray as my #1 Prospect in the draft, although in hindsight, #2 to Bosa. However, I don’t think Murray is even close to Burrow and Tua. That’s how high on Burrow and Tua I am. 

Finley was the smartest and most accurate QB I’ve seen coming out in ages. Football IQ unreal. I knew his arm wasn’t the greatest but it was worse than I anticipated. 

As for Grier, I’d like to see him get a few starts somewhere. 

My final mock of 2019 I had Murray #1, Haskins #15 (not that I agreed with it), and Finley #32 to the Pats. Still shocked the Giants took Daniel Jones. He’s never gonna be a Top 15 QB. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Certainly. But I didn't think Coopers hands were an issue when he came out. 

I agree. Honestly I think Cooper’s problems where with Gruden. He played with Carr for 3 seasons with very little complaint and was a pro bowler. Why would Gruden get rid of a #1 WR when he’s been looking for one since then?