2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

23 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The KC and Minnesota games show why we should target a 1st round WR. We have 4 other top 100 picks and 80+ million to target defense. It's a loaded WR class. Why not get a potential 21-22 year old #1 type of receiver on a rookie deal? It would open up the entire offense and make everyone better, from giving our other pass catchers better matchups, to making running the ball easier.

Imagine Tyrell is the WR2 and always has 1 on 1 coverage with no safety help. Imagine Waller is the 3rd option and can't be given extra help. Etc etc.

Right now we're not a team that can win when we're behind big. Adding at threat at WR can change that and we shouldn't reach on defense just because it's a need.

Imagine not giving up 30 a game.  Not needing to rely on Williams being a number two.  

18 minutes ago, Totty said:

Imagine not giving up 30 a game.  Not needing to rely on Williams being a number two.  

I'm not disagreeing with you. But I think we can fix the defense with all those other picks and $$$. There are some pieces on this defense. I'm not saying it's close to perfect. But a good offseason can give it a big boost.

Some guys are slowly changing my mind though. Kinlaw, for example, is a freak and I might take him over a stud WR. It's hard to pass on a guy like Simmons at LB too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Would Denver draft Young with Chubb and Miller in the fold?

I would if I was a gm and move Von TBH.

If Young and Thomas aren't available I'd trade down for picks. That way you could target a top in line te, and runningback to make the backfield complete, or burner #2 wr.

I think rb is going to be a bigger priority to Denver than Fans think. We all know about Swift, but I heard there's a guy from Ohio State who profiles in the Miles Sanders type role. That would be so clutch because Denver similarly to the raiders are trying to Complete top 10 time of possesion offense's to combat the Chiefs and Patty Showtime. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you. But I think we can fix the defense with all those other picks and $$$. There are some pieces on this defense. I'm not saying it's close to perfect. But a good offseason can give it a big boost.

Some guys are slowly changing my mind though. Kinlaw, for example, is a freak and I might take him over a stud WR. It's hard to pass on a guy like Simmons at LB too.

Yeah, I am not sold on anything.  There are definitely a bunch of options to consider.  I have actually said (I can't remember which thread) that if we do go WR with our early pick to get a Jeudy, or Laviska or the like...I would be okay with it as long as the rest of our resources are spent (the bulk of them anyway) on the defense and it is a TRUE #1 type and not wasting a pick.  If we need to bring in another coach, add to the position coaches, subtract from the position coaches, over spend, draft, whatever, I want movement in a positive direction from this unit.  Lets face it, it really cannot get that much worse.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 1

I think LB has some nice depth to it. Simmons, Murray and a healthy Moses obviously first round talent. Jacob Phillips and Troy Dye are also very intriguing players. The kid for Cal Evan Weaver would be a Mayock Gruden type of player. 

I really don’t see the depth is pass rushers this year. 

CB is stacked 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I think LB has some nice depth to it. Simmons, Murray and a healthy Moses obviously first round talent. Jacob Phillips and Troy Dye are also very intriguing players. The kid for Cal Evan Weaver would be a Mayock Gruden type of player. 

I really don’t see the depth is pass rushers this year. 

CB is stacked 

I am far from a college scout.  Is Michael Divinity in the discussion as far as 1st round LB talent?  I saw he just got sent home, or is away from the team ATM. 

EDIT: Some places have him listed at EDGE and some at ILB? 

Edited by Totty

He has played outside and inside. This was his first year at ILB. I haven’t seen his name as a first round talent. He could very well have a great combine a have his draft stock rise. 

He said he stepped away to take care of personal issues. 

• Like 1

One player that I would love is Derrick Brown DT from Auburn. If you have seen an Auburn game the past couple years you seen this big man just wreck havoc. Hurst hasn't had the impact that most of us expected. PJ has played well, but he's nothing more than a rotational guy. Hankins been the Raiders best DT. Pressure from the DT's also needs to improve. Brown is an excellent run defender and generates a big push in the middle. Edge rusher is important but adding any talent along the defensive line will help out a lot. Raiders probably have the worst dline in the NFL. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

One player that I would love is Derrick Brown DT from Auburn. If you have seen an Auburn game the past couple years you seen this big man just wreck havoc. Hurst hasn't had the impact that most of us expected. PJ has played well, but he's nothing more than a rotational guy. Hankins been the Raiders best DT. Pressure from the DT's also needs to improve. Brown is an excellent run defender and generates a big push in the middle. Edge rusher is important but adding any talent along the defensive line will help out a lot. Raiders probably have the worst dline in the NFL. 

Someone wrote about him recently how he has both an explosive lower and upper body. Most are either strong upper or lower, but rarely both. He's going to be stud. Guy explodes off the screen. One of my top 5 favorite prospects.

This play from Saturday was just hilarious:

• Like 1