2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

16 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

While Gruden may like Jeudy over Lamb, I think Lamb is a better WR in general and even better fit for our system/team.  

Jeudy is going to have issues with getting off the line in press Early in his career, at least.  Lamb is more of the Alpha WR1 type that uses his physicality to make plays.  I’d much rather have a guy who Carr, and he’s got to work on this or he won’t make it much longer as our QB, can throw into tight coverage and come down with it.  

Jeudy isn't going to have problems with press coverage. The guy has ridiculous first step quickness and technical refinement to beat press. I've seen him shred SEC corners with regularity. The worry with Lamb is that he went against awful competition, which is a fair point in projecting his NFL success. I actually like Lamb a lot, but let's not act like Jeudy isn't more pro ready.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

This is the thinking that causes DHB to get drafted over Crab.  Is that you Al? Back from the dead?  
Yes, speed is an amazing thing to have but not at the expense of skill and Lamb and Jeudy are both fast... it’s not like 4.45 and 4.51 are slow times... and taking Ruggs at 12 over those 2 is just projecting Hill’s success of Ruggs.  Hill and Mahomes’ success don’t mean anything for Love and Ruggs.  

Ruggs is a far better player than DHB was, Ruggs would not be a reach at 12 and it's debatable which of the big 3 will have the most success.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not knocking Ruggs, like people said he’s a nice WR2 but taking him over WR1s in Jeudy and Lamb is a reach, and done because your projecting Hill’s success to Ruggs.

Speed kills and he actually has hands, and he absolutely fits the mode of an AB or ODB.

Edited by raidr4life

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Disagree, Carr didn’t utilize Crabtree much in 2017, especially when teams had that fade locked down. The only time Carr is ever comfortable throwing into a window is a combination of a Fade and a WR he trusts. And teams know that all too well from his 2016 tape. 

2017 wasn’t about Downing being a terrible OC, teams watched Carrs 2016 tape and easily adjusted to all the things he likes to do. Pass within 10 yards, fade on the sideline and goalline, etc. People like to blame it on OC, WR core, his injury effecting his mentality, and a midst of other things. That’s why I get so irritated by the false excuses. 

Once again, we won’t pick Lamb over Jeudy if Carr is the projected starting QB.

Once again... you just fabricate nonsense to push your anti-Carr agenda.  

No mention of the Oline taking a massive step backward. Or Derek Carr suffering a transverse process fracture in Week 4 which he rushed to return from. And despite you calling him out for lack of leadership, he played through the pain of that for the entire season.

No mention of Cooper having drop issues flare up. He only caught 50% of his intended targets and also dealt with injuries. 

Lastly, no mention of Downing's lack of play action passing and simplistic level offensive play calling. It was criticized as being basic and predictable by all those media types you like to social proof your arguments with. 

It's fine you don't like Carr... but stop trying to put it all on the guy and excuse everything else around him that were factors. Suggesting Todd Downing offense had no barring on the 2017 season make you look insanely stupid and your opinions meaningless. You're just brushing off facts in favor of your narrative. Just stop.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Once again... you just fabricate nonsense to push your anti-Carr agenda.  

No mention of the Oline taking a massive step backward. Or Derek Carr suffering a transverse process fracture in Week 4 which he rushed to return from. And despite you calling him out for lack of leadership, he played through the pain of that for the entire season.

No mention of Cooper having drop issues flare up. He only caught 50% of his intended targets and also dealt with injuries. 

Lastly, no mention of Downing's lack of play action passing and simplistic level offensive play calling. It was criticized as being basic and predictable by all those media types you like to social proof your arguments with. 

It's fine you don't like Carr... but stop trying to put it all on the guy and excuse everything else around him that were factors. Suggesting Todd Downing offense had no barring on the 2017 season make you look insanely stupid and your opinions meaningless. You're just brushing off facts in favor of your narrative. Just stop.

Latavius Murray left as well and the change in OL scheme and Marshawn Lynchs production actually hurt us IMO. There were a lot of things going wrong that season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Interesting buzz (on the Athletic podcast) from Ted Nguyen that Love didn't interview well at the combine. I'm with Ted as well that Hurts is way too raw to be even looked at as a starter for a few years. He said the Oklahoma coaches had to dial the offense back because he didn't have the passing ability of a passer. I don't really want a guy who's clearly the 3rd best oklahoma qb to be our starter of the future personally...

I already knew this. Some of you guys think Hurts will be a gadget player like Taysom Hill. But my fear is that he will stand his ground and refuse to be anything but a QB. Hopefully Mayock thinks the same way and avoids him. 

Jordan Love not interviewing well doesn't mean much to me. He will still get drafted in the 1st round. Where he gets drafted becomes a question mark though. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I already knew this. Some of you guys think Hurts will be a gadget player like Taysom Hill. But my fear is that he will stand his ground and refuse to be anything but a QB. Hopefully Mayock thinks the same way and avoids him. 

Jordan Love not interviewing well doesn't mean much to me. He will still get drafted in the 1st round. Where he gets drafted becomes a question mark though. 

Where are you hearing this? First I've heard of it.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Where are you hearing this? First I've heard of it.

From here. 

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Personally I think Mariota is the best option. Makes the qb room better and forces the starter to raise their level, whoever it is...

I think Mariota is young enough that you don't overspend a valuable pick on a developmental backup qb in the top 100...

I think we attack LB and WR in the draft. Gruden will see how KC has so many weapons and pound the table for the "second WR".

Interesting buzz (on the Athletic podcast) from Ted Nguyen that Love didn't interview well at the combine. I'm with Ted as well that Hurts is way too raw to be even looked at as a starter for a few years. He said the Oklahoma coaches had to dial the offense back because he didn't have the passing ability of a passer. I don't really want a guy who's clearly the 3rd best oklahoma qb to be our starter of the future personally...

Vic's football knowledge is cringe bad sometimes. Ted kinda exposes him because he watches a lot of all 22 and really knows what he's looking at IMO.

You even gave this a like. 

• Like 1

Love doesn’t surprise me. During senior bowl he wasn’t mentioned as much. His skills where on display but he didn’t wow anyone with his personality. In my mind you gotta stand out that week like Wilson, and Dak did.