2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Chase Young has been suspended by Ohio State. Looks to be about receiving money. Ohio st Championship hopes def took a hit today 

Saw that. I doubt it affects his draft status. This actually could be good for him because then he’ll miss the rest of the season and avoid potential injuries. 

Being at the game yesterday nothing stood out more than how completely overmatched our LBs are. We need an infusion of talent in the middle of our defense in the worst way. I’m not judging the DL or Secondary untill we have a competent LB core. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Being at the game yesterday nothing stood out more than how completely overmatched our LBs are. We need an infusion of talent in the middle of our defense in the worst way. I’m not judging the DL or Secondary untill we have a competent LB core. 

Beating a dead horse. Been saying this for over 10 years lol.

Losing Burfict sucks because he was rejuvenated and a dog or that unit. Marrow is a backup at best. Compton is a street FA. Whitehead can tackle, but can't cover to save his life.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Beating a dead horse. Been saying this for over 10 years lol.

Losing Burfict sucks because he was rejuvenated and a dog or that unit. Marrow is a backup at best. Compton is a street FA. Whitehead can tackle, but can't cover to save his life.

I feel a huge majority of the LBs in the NFL are going through the same struggles. They have to cover TEs and RBs who have become WRs and still be able to provide run support. Players who can do both at a high level are extremely rare. And the bust rate for the position seems pretty high.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

I feel a huge majority of the LBs in the NFL are going through the same struggles. They have to cover TEs and RBs who have become WRs and still be able to provide run support. Players who can do both at a high level are extremely rare. And the bust rate for the position seems pretty high.

While I completely agree with this, BP is still right.  I'd rather a guy get drafted and bust then not even try to address the position.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I agree. It's a different game. We are seeing a lot of undersized LBs are excelling more now. You have to be able to run. Teams want to spread you out and get the ball to their RBs and TEs in space. You have to have LBs that can run and cover. 

51 minutes ago, true2form said:

While I completely agree with this, BP is still right.  I'd rather a guy get drafted and bust then not even try to address the position.  

yep, both are valid points but imo  im with BP and others on this, its mind boggling. before the 4th round of the draft I told my best friend (also a raider fan) I wanted Crosby, moreau and Wilson, I still cant understand how they bypassed Wilson between need and value. how much better off would we be with him instead of Johnson? that was my only and biggest issue with the last draft. im over it, we all have to be. but I certainly hope we LEARNED from that......but I doubt it, lots of us are absolutely baffled by the lack of addressing that issue over the years. we got over mcfragile, we got over darius heyward stone hands, maybe someday we`ll get over slolando too....hopefully.

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I agree. It's a different game. We are seeing a lot of undersized LBs are excelling more now. You have to be able to run. Teams want to spread you out and get the ball to their RBs and TEs in space. You have to have LBs that can run and cover. 

I wonder how Abram would have been used had he stayed healthy. I think he'd make a fine sub LB.

the Thing is we don’t use any assets on LBs, I can see if we drafted busts and things aren’t working out, guys getting hurt or whatever. But year in and year out we ignore the position until day 3 of the draft. Who is our highest drafted LB the last 5 years? 

I checked, in the last 5 years we’ve drafted Marquez Lee, Ben Heeney and Neiron Ball rip in the 5th round and Azeem Victor in the 6th. That’s it...

Edited by Geezy