2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

With us trying to land a couple S's the past day, I wonder if we consider Delpit in the 1st?

I think Murray may still be the pick who knows. Could be QB now? So many options. Always good to have depth and a fast LB. Or Simmons plays both? 

As of right now it looks like:

will- Littleton , Morrow

mike- Kwiatkowski , ______

sam- _______ , Lee

Sam Isn’t a huge need for us, as Littleton will likely cover TEs out of the nickle D on 3rd down.  I don’t think we put much draft capital into a starter at SAM, as they will only play 30% of the snaps (Lee will get some snaps too).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, true2form said:

Yeah I'm of the opinion that LB falls to a 3rd round pick at this point for depth.  Can focus our 1st's elsewhere like DT/CB/S and WR of course.

Agreed. We do not need to spend a quality asset on a 3rd LB when we typically play just 2 LBs.

15 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I don't like the CB's in this draft aside from the top dog. Not looking forward to picking one in the first round and adding more youth to an already young secondary. 

I like a lot of CB in this draft. A lot of good ones will drop too. Someone in the group of  Fulton, Terrell, Dantzler, Diggs, Gladney, etc. Especially if we can acquire a 2nd via trade down...

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Said this months ago.  If we play our cards right in FA.  This could be the look. 

With Jacobs and Waller in place, what this offense needs that FA isn’t going to provide (although I wish we were creative with the Texans on Hopkins) is 2 legit playmaking WR’s.. So I’d certainly be open to Jeudy/Lamb at 12 if available and Ruggs/Jefferson at 19.. We need to be a dominant, explosive team that can score 30-40 points any given Sunday if we are going to keep up with the Chiefs and other top contenders and I don’t think that happens with the current offensive talent as of now.. And to be honest, there’s a chance that both guys at 12 are gone and both guys at 19 are gone, which would then make Ruggs at 12 a possibility and a different direction at 19 or a trade down to a 24-28 slot for a CB/S/DT selection and pick up a 2nd rounder (Hamler/Mims)... I think S, CB and DT will still be addressed in FA and not with 3rd wave talent.. we can pick up guys at those positions to develop in Round 3 to build depth and potential starters down the line.. time will tell but it’s exciting seeing the dominos start to fall!

Edited by JarrodR86

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

As of right now it looks like:

will- Littleton , Morrow

mike- Kwiatkowski , ______

sam- _______ , Lee

Sam Isn’t a huge need for us, as Littleton will likely cover TEs out of the nickle D on 3rd down.  I don’t think we put much draft capital into a starter at SAM, as they will only play 30% of the snaps (Lee will get some snaps too).

majority of our sets are 4-2-5