40. Ashtyn Davis | S | California 

56. AJ Terrell | CB | Clemson 

80. Willie Gay Jr | LB | Mississippi State

81. Jalen Hurts | QB | Oklahoma 

91. Antonio Gibson | RB | Memphis 

121. Logan Wilson | LB | Wyoming

159. James Lynch | DL | Baylor

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sure Ruggs is a damn good deep threat but what's crazier is his YAC ability. Would be fun to see that in our WCO.

Amazing hands, great after the catch, super good working slants and other underneath routes. Ruggs is legit.

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sure Ruggs is a damn good deep threat but what's crazier is his YAC ability. Would be fun to see that in our WCO.

Ruggs yac in a Wco is incredibly appealing!  The issue I have with him at 12 and over Lamb and Jeudy is he’s not a volume target, or at least hasn’t shown that ability.  
If we had a high volume WR1 to pair him with then he’d make more sense at 12.  At 19 he’s a good value but there’s a good chance that isn’t a possibility cuz he goes before 19.  

will Ruggs be able to give us 70,80,90 catches?  Can he be a WR we target 110 or more times a year?  Or is he just going to be a big play WR2 that gets 70-80 targets a year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ruggs yac in a Wco is incredibly appealing!  The issue I have with him at 12 and over Lamb and Jeudy is he’s not a volume target, or at least hasn’t shown that ability.  
If we had a high volume WR1 to pair him with then he’d make more sense at 12.  At 19 he’s a good value but there’s a good chance that isn’t a possibility cuz he goes before 19.  

will Ruggs be able to give us 70,80,90 catches?  Can he be a WR we target 110 or more times a year?  Or is he just going to be a big play WR2 that gets 70-80 targets a year?

His speed will open up the field for the rest of our offense. Tyreek Hill has averaged around 120 targets per year in KC. Why can’t Ruggs see similar usage? 

Ruggs was under utilized at Alabama because he was playing with 3 other top 20 picks at WR. Josh Jacobs only had 120 carries for 640 yards during his final season at Alabama. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His speed will open up the field for the rest of our offense. Tyreek Hill has averaged around 120 targets per year in KC. Why can’t Ruggs see similar usage? 

Ruggs was under utilized at Alabama because he was playing with 3 other top 20 picks at WR. Josh Jacobs only had 120 carries for 640 yards during his final season at Alabama. 

Just for the record I didn’t say Ruggs couldn’t be a high target prospect.  I said it is a legit question to ask.  It’s also one of the main reasons I Think Lamb and Jeudy are ranked higher.

but to put my opinion out there I don’t think Ruggs will be a high volume target for at least 2-3 years.  He could break out at the end of his rookie deal.

boy would I love to not have to choose and just take Lamb at 12 and Ruggs at 19 lol

thatd put our offense in the upper echelon of the league.  It’s also leave a whole in our secondary though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Just for the record I didn’t say Ruggs couldn’t be a high target prospect.  I said it is a legit question to ask.  It’s also one of the main reasons I Think Lamb and Jeudy are ranked higher.

but to put my opinion out there I don’t think Ruggs will be a high volume target for at least 2-3 years.  He could break out at the end of his rookie deal.

boy would I love to not have to choose and just take Lamb at 12 and Ruggs at 19 lol

thatd put our offense in the upper echelon of the league.  It’s also leave a whole in our secondary though.

I want a trade back with Houston. Get AJ Terrell and Ashtyn Davis. We’d have so much speed and young talent in the secondary. Davis/Abram would be a nice duo on the backend for the next decade.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I'm willing to sacrifice our secondary for an extremely explosive offense.  I would start crying (like a sissy girl) if we drafted both Lamb and Ruggs in the first.

• Like 2

I hope we take Lamb or Jeudy at #12, but what are the odds with this being such a good WR class, that we take another position at #12 and wait until #19 for WR? Knowing how shocked I was at #4 last year I can see us doing something similar and having a guy ranked higher than most fans would. Watch that be someone like K’Lavon Chaisson.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I hope we take Lamb or Jeudy at #12, but what are the odds with this being such a good WR class, that we take another position at #12 and wait until #19 for WR? Knowing how shocked I was at #4 last year I can see us doing something similar and having a guy ranked higher than most fans would. Watch that be someone like K’Lavon Chaisson.

Chaisson IMO has a strong chance to bust. I don’t see what some people see in him.

Delpit is more rangy than McKinney with better ball skills. If his ankle was healthy, tackling wouldn’t have been such a big problem. 

Mckinney is safer and IMO is a better strong/in the Box/slot guy. He would be a good “interchangeable” with Abram, but not as good of a single high.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I've been saying this too.  Glad I'm not the only one lol.

Completely over rated prospect. Anyone projecting him at 19 is doing so based off last season projection and hasn't bothered looking deeper. 

And outside Okudah, there isn't another CB I would take in round 1. Again, taking one at 19 would be forced out of desperation. 

Just take the best WR and Defensive player available at 12 and 19. Don't overthink it trying fit a DB in.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I’m going crazy during this lock down. 

* Trade #19 to Houston for #40 & #57 * 

12. CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

56. AJ Terrell | CB | Clemson 

80. Willie Gay Jr | LB | Mississippi State

81. Jalen Hurts | QB | Oklahoma 

91. Antonio Gibson | RB | Memphis 

121. Logan Wilson | LB | Wyoming

159. James Lynch | DL | Baylor

That's an interesting take and i could more than live with that. Particularly like Terrell's value and Wilson and Lynch. Seen Lynch mocked a few times to us and seems the type of player we'd look at late, nice value picks overall!

@NYRaider

”I’m going crazy during this lock down. 

* Trade #19 to Houston for #40 & #57 * 

12. CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

56. AJ Terrell | CB | Clemson .....”

(I forgot to quote you in my reply, can’t add it during edit)

I’m not trying to pull the “player X won’t be there at pick X” routine.... but I do think there will be a heavy run on CBS around 35-50.  Terrell could certainly be there to 56, but Terrell, Johnson, Fulton, Gladney could just as easily all be gone by 56.

you could easily just swap Davis and Terrell though.

Edited by jimkelly02

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Shallow and deep crossers with Ruggs would be scary... Unsure how much he'll help in the RZ though, which is our biggest area of need. 

• Like 1