2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Wonder if Vic has some inside scoop on us liking Ruggs the most? 

I’d have no issue if Ruggs was the pick at 12 and the first WR off the board. Jeudy is as polished as they come but you can’t teach Ruggs speed. And when people see 4.2 speed it’s an automatic stereotype “I don’t want a super fast guy I want a real WR”. Ruggs isn’t DHB. He dropped three balls out of 115 targets. He’s a solid route runner, not the greatest, but pretty solid. And he’s aggressive with the ball in the air. How rare is it you get an aggressive 6’ (5’11” 3/4.... to be technical) 4.2 speed guy? 

While Jeudy and Lamb are neck and neck for a vast majority of you, my neck and neck has always been Jeudy and Ruggs. I’d still select Jeudy, but it’s not an easy decision. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

So here’s the talent we have, if Delpit is gone:

CB AJ Terrell

CB Jaylon Johnson

CB Kristian Fulton

CB Jeff Gladney

3T Ross Blacklock

QB Jordan Love

QB Justin Herbert

LB Patrick Queen

LB Kenneth Murray

I feel if Love or Herbert are at 19, let alone both, that's an ideal trade back scenario for us and an opportunity to get an enhanced return.

But for purposes of playing along with your hypothetical: I would go with Herbert. If there's an opportunity to draft a potential franchise qb in the back half of the 1st, you do it IMO. Regardless if there's an immediate need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wonder with the corona going on will tua slip in the draft?

Even if he slipped past the Dolphins (highly unlikely, but possible considering Tua wouldn’t meet Miami and they met with Love the final hour before lockdown) I don’t think he’d slip past the Chargers at 6. Their window is the next few years, and they can get into the playoffs with a quality backup. So even if Tua plays 12 games a year, he’s pretty valuable to the Chargers with how excellent he is. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Even if he slipped past the Dolphins (highly unlikely, but possible considering Tua wouldn’t meet Miami and they met with Love the final hour before lockdown) I don’t think he’d slip past the Chargers at 6. Their window is the next few years, and they can get into the playoffs with a quality backup. So even if Tua plays 12 games a year, he’s pretty valuable to the Chargers with how excellent he is. 

Interesting 

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d have no issue if Ruggs was the pick at 12 and the first WR off the board. Jeudy is as polished as they come but you can’t teach Ruggs speed. And when people see 4.2 speed it’s an automatic stereotype “I don’t want a super fast guy I want a real WR”. Ruggs isn’t DHB. He dropped three balls out of 115 targets. He’s a solid route runner, not the greatest, but pretty solid. And he’s aggressive with the ball in the air. How rare is it you get an aggressive 6’ (5’11” 3/4.... to be technical) 4.2 speed guy? 

While Jeudy and Lamb are neck and neck for a vast majority of you, my neck and neck has always been Jeudy and Ruggs. I’d still select Jeudy, but it’s not an easy decision. 

Ruggs was recorded running 24.3 MPH on an 81 yard TD against South Carolina last season which would've been an NFL record. I agree though, a lot of people see Rugg's speed and think he's Tedd Ginn, DeSean Jackson, or Will Fuller. I think he's much better as a route runner, especially underneath, than people are giving him credit for. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wonder with the corona going on will tua slip in the draft?

Cam Newton's agent was able to get him a medical/physical done within a few hours of being a free agent to send to teams. I'm sure Tu'a camp will do something similar. 

• Like 1

I don’t think he’ll be there but would you guys pick Cam Akers at 80? Great back to spell Jacobs. Getting really underrated in the draft process, three down back. Even though we want him to, I doubt Mayock double dips at WR unless it’s pick 91 or later (perhaps Van Jefferson).