2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

There might be a safety I’m forgetting but Cincy (Guenther’s old team) seemed to use safeties that we’re at least 6’0.

Shawn Williams is 6’0 212

Jessie Bates is 6’1 200

George Iloka is 6’4 225

Maybe this is why we don’t want to play Joyner at S and why we didn’t bring back Joseph.

They did use Derron Smith who was 5’10 at FS but I think that was partly due to lack of other talent/options.

10 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I loved kj, sad to see him go. what a college highlight reel, one of my favorites ive watched all time. just glad he didn't end up in kc. abram being drafted signaled the end we all knew....unfortunately. I wish him well.

The “Karl Joseph kills a man in Texas” (his freshman year versus UT) was what drew him on my radar very early in his career.

46 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Last one, and another one of “my guys” perhaps: Logan Wilson may get some Mountain West shade, but he can play. From NFL.com’s draft analyst Lance Zierlein: “Ultra-productive three-year team captain with instincts and cover talent to find work as an every-down linebacker. His play recognition, burst and lateral agility help him play faster than his timed speed and his fundamentals as a tackler are as good as you’ll find in this draft.”    this would definitely be a target for me in the 3rd, him, Harrison and maybe dye would be my choices for another lber in the 3rd rnd. in that order.

Good post, i really like Wilson and he's the exact type of player I feel can come in behind Kwit and Littleton, get used to the system and work his way into the rotation. He's the type of player who's greater than the sum of his parts if that makes sense! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Grant goes to the Dolphins as their replacement for Fitzpatrick 

Im not disagreeing with you (your thoughts have very good merit) but they have so many holes on that team it would be anyone.  Their pretty barren at S but could they skip over a LT for a FS if someone like Josh Jones of Houston is there?

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Im not disagreeing with you (your thoughts have very good merit) but they have so many holes on that team it would be anyone.  Their pretty barren at S but could they skip over a LT for a FS if someone like Josh Jones of Houston is there?

Just depends on who they have higher on their board. I've seen both players ranked all over the place.

8 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Just depends on who they have higher on their board. I've seen both players ranked all over the place.

spot on.  I’m just saying they can go in many different areas and might value Jones and LT higher.  But could equally value FS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

The “Karl Joseph kills a man in Texas” (his freshman year versus UT) was what drew him on my radar very early in his career.

Yes, he had amazing hitting highlights that were fun to watch..I was very skeptical of his coverage from the start because he would have 8 minute highlights of KJ laying people out, but like 1 highlight of him covering. 

Im excited to see Abram this year. I know he covers better then KJ, but I’m curious to see how much better. 

2 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Yes, he had amazing hitting highlights that were fun to watch..I was very skeptical of his coverage from the start because he would have 8 minute highlights of KJ laying people out, but like 1 highlight of him covering. 

Im excited to see Abram this year. I know he covers better then KJ, but I’m curious to see how much better. 

Yeah Joseph always had coverage concerns but he kind of got rid of them his junior and the few games of his senior year.  By senior year he was balling in coverage, too bad he got hurt.

i have very high hopes for Abram.  The guys a savage.... I think he’s going to be a real impact playmaker.  Safeties with high INT numbers aren’t always great coverage Guys, many of the int leaders just know where to be, have that 6th sense and pick of tips and miss throws.  I Think that’ll be what Abrams does.

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah Joseph always had coverage concerns but he kind of got rid of them his junior and the few games of his senior year.  By senior year he was balling in coverage, too bad he got hurt.

i have very high hopes for Abram.  The guys a savage.... I think he’s going to be a real impact playmaker.  Safeties with high INT numbers aren’t always great coverage Guys, many of the int leaders just know where to be, have that 6th sense and pick of tips and miss throws.  I Think that’ll be what Abrams does.

I hope so. I love the old school hard hitting safeties..but those are becoming less important as coverage skills are more and more important for safeties.

hard hitting safeties are even a liability with how many ridiculous penalties there are for any “bang bang” type of play. 

• Like 1

aint that last part just the real truth, Ronnie lott would've been fined, suspended, indefinitely suspended.lol (not a dirty hitter, but slightly explosive.lmao!) thrown under the jail! etc. times they have a changed to this former SS. lol.  I used to love ribs for dinner!

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

That is pretty interesting because I’m working on my Final Version Mock (what I think actually happens, not just an insane amount of combinations) Dolphins swapped 5/26 for 3/85 to get Tua. At 18 they need a T. I have them getting Jones, but with a trade down. We end up with Jeudy at 12 and Delpit at 19. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Good post, i really like Wilson and he's the exact type of player I feel can come in behind Kwit and Littleton, get used to the system and work his way into the rotation. He's the type of player who's greater than the sum of his parts if that makes sense! 

and his timed speed at 4.52 wasn't all that bad anyways.lol