2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

17 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I was actually thinking that if we brought in a respectable wr in free agency, I could see us going lb/lb in the first round. Simmons and Murray/ Moses. Our lbs are that bad. 

With all of the wr talent this year, Higgins from Clemson isn't getting much attention. His body control, size, and yac ability are intriguing. 

I could definitely see us walking away with at least one bama or Clemson player in the first again.

i really like Higgins, very interested in his 40 time, thats my only question on him. Otherwise, hes a great prospect. 

As far as Moses i wouldnt mind trading back with our pick and taking him in the late 20's, hes got the goods.

Ruggs would take this offense to another level if Gruden can install some plays on offense and use him correctly. Ruggs also has an incredible story. 

One thing I do wonder with this offense is if it needs a true number 1 WR. Carr has never been the type of QB that would just force feed a WR and I think that’s where the fall out with Cooper came from. Gruden offense this year has shown that it will spread the ball to everyone. Maybe that changes if they got a number 1 WR or maybe it doesn’t. Maybe the offense is better if they have three number 2s WRs. 

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Ruggs would take this offense to another level if Gruden can install some plays on offense and use him correctly. Ruggs also has an incredible story. 

One thing I do wonder with this offense is if it needs a true number 1 WR. Carr has never been the type of QB that would just force feed a WR and I think that’s where the fall out with Cooper came from. Gruden offense this year has shown that it will spread the ball to everyone. Maybe that changes if they got a number 1 WR or maybe it doesn’t. Maybe the offense is better if they have three number 2s WRs. 

This is what I’ve been wondering about too. I mean if a #1 type became available to us then yea go get him, but let’s not force it (e.g. trade for one). I think our offense would still be humming with just an upgrade over Zay Jones.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Having a true #1 with elite playmaking ability would definitely help our offense. Teams would have to account for him, have help on his side of the field, etc. Plus with Waller already in the mix it would basically ensure favorable matchups for other guys like Williams, Renfrow, and Jones. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

This assessment is correct.  We don't need a traditional #1 (my definition may be different then others).  What we do need is talented players across the board. I think Ruggs would be perfect for this offense because he's already in a similar situation at Bama. Have a bunch of playmakers and just get the ball into their hands.

At it's height in 2002, this offense had the following players and numbers:

Garner 91 catches

Brown 81 catches

Porter 51 catches

Rice 92 catches

Roland Williams 27 catches

Spread the love.

In an ideal world, I'd prefer to do something like:

Trade #14 to New Orleans for #27, #91, and a 2021 2nd round pick. (Moving up for Herbet) 

Trade #78 + #81 to Pittsburgh for #51. 

Using TDN's mock draft tool

17: Tee Higgins | WR | Clemson

27: Dylan Moses | LB | Alabama 

51: Alton Robinson | Edge | Syracuse 

91: Xavier McKinney | DB | Alabama

92: Solomon Kindley | OG | Georgia 

113: Zack Moss | RB | Utah 

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Gannon spread the ball out plenty in Chuckys first stint here. Ruggs would be a faster, better Jerry Porter to take the top off and allow everyone else do their thing under neath.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ruggs and Lamb would be a hard choice for me. I see some Hopkins in Lamb and Hill in Ruggs. I'm not sure which one I would rather have.

Lamb IMO is what Gruden wants in his offense. He's more of a Z receiver with Tyrel being more the speed option. Tyrel was thrust into the Z role this season because of he who shall not be named. 

I like both... hell, you could take the 5th - 6th WR off the board in this class and still have 1 it's that deep. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Lamb IMO is what Gruden wants in his offense. He's more of a Z receiver with Tyrel being more the speed option. Tyrel was thrust into the Z role this season because of he who shall not be named. 

I like both... hell, you could take the 5th - 6th WR off the board in this class and still have 1 it's that deep. 

But the kinds of plays you could run with Ruggs would be insane. End arounds, screens, vertical routes off of play action, etc.

I agree Lamb strikes me more as a "prototypical" #1 receiver.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:11 PM, Geezy said:

i reaaallllyyyy want Ruggs, i think hes the final piece this offense needs.

I also realllyyyy like Ruggs. My one worry is that these super-fast receivers can turn into Tyreek Hill, but they also turn into John Ross / JJ Nelson and I am still trying to decide how he translates at the next level.