2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Heart of Oak said:

I also realllyyyy like Ruggs. My one worry is that these super-fast receivers can turn into Tyreek Hill, but they also turn into John Ross / JJ Nelson and I am still trying to decide how he translates at the next level.

Unlike those you mentioned. They are fast player, who happen to be WRs. Ruggs is a WR who happens to be fast.

Lost in the conversation is DeVonta Smith who is a gamer as well. The WR talent at 'Bama right now is something else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

I also realllyyyy like Ruggs. My one worry is that these super-fast receivers can turn into Tyreek Hill, but they also turn into John Ross / JJ Nelson and I am still trying to decide how he translates at the next level.

theres risk in all types of prospects. But i think Ruggs is more than a super fast WR prospect, 1. hes bigger than i thought, listed at 6'0 190. He has great hands. But what i love most is his yac ability, dude runs hard and breaks tackles. He reminds me of Hill because he is blazing fast but they are also tough to bring down with the ball in their hands. 

I like Ruggs in our offense because he doesnt have to be the guy right away. With how we spread out the ball, he can work himself in as a deep threat while he learns the nuances of the offense. Also, with his yac ability and ability to catch the ball cleanly, he will fit in well with Grudens offense that relies on players to break a tackle and go. I think hes the perfect fit.

Ill take Simmons with our Bears pick and Ruggs with ours. Or Ruggs with the Bears pick and Moses with our pick. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Unlike those you mentioned. They are fast player, who happen to be WRs. Ruggs is a WR who happens to be fast.

Lost in the conversation is DeVonta Smith who is a gamer as well. The WR talent at 'Bama right now is something else.

Absolutely. My question is just because I have not watched all his snaps and there is always that guy that someone falls in love with at the combine who is blazing fast. From what I have seen I also think Ruggs is more than a JJ Nelson - some of his catches are really impressive.

On 11/15/2019 at 11:52 AM, big_palooka said:

Exactly. Ruggs is a WR who has speed. He’s not all these speedy WRs who aren’t polished. His skillset is well refined. 

Ruggs in the Late Teens would be tremendous value with our own 1st Round Pick imo. 

The Bears pick being used on defense around 12-13 or so. Too early to tell what position. It could be EDGE (Epenenza), LB (Simmons), CB (Diggs), or even S (Delpit). There’s a ridiculous amount of possibilities on defense. They all make our team better. 

Currently, I think Lamb is my fave for us but I'd be happy with either of the Bama WRs. What a great year to need a WR.

Maybe this was the plan last offseason since we said going in that Tyrell was our plan at WR. Maybe the intent was to get him and pick one in the draft this year since we had an extra pick. Gruden and Mayock both said the AB trade was not exactly planned out.

• Like 2

Bama released a statement and said Tua is expected to make a full recovery. Wonder how this will hurt his draft stock. Would be crazy to think about spending a top 15-20 pick on a QB who Dislocated his hip. 

Edited by agarcia34

On 11/16/2019 at 6:29 PM, agarcia34 said:

Bama released a statement and said Tua is expected to make a full recovery. Wonder how this will hurt his draft stock. Would be crazy to think about spending a top 15-20 pick on a QB who Dislocated his hip. 

I could see Miami using their 2nd or 3rd first-round pick on him or a team like New England or New Orleans moving up a few spots to select him. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I could see Miami using their 2nd or 3rd first-round pick on him or a team like New England or New Orleans moving up a few spots to select him. 

I swear if the Patriots draft Tua...this must not happen unless we truly are in the darkest timeline.