2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

I HATE Worley. I don't want him anywhere near Las Vegas. If we are in the position to draft Diggs or Okudah we should. One of those two plus Simmons. Is my ideal draft at this point. Unless Chase Young is attainable. 

I do not hate Worley.  He is not great but he plays at a starters level and has been asked to move around and do things he would normally not do.  He should not be covering every type of WR either.  He is a big CB and young CB that is still getting better.  We are not going to have amazing players everywhere and if the front seven gets worked out he will be a much better player.  Remember he is only 24, although it feels like he has been in the league for 10 years, and we will not break the bank to resign him.  Trevon Diggs will be 23 at the start of the season and Worley will be 25.

59 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Man i would trade it all to go get Chase Young lol. He IS a better prospect than Bosa

FIFY

53 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not hate Worley.  He is not great but he plays at a starters level and has been asked to move around and do things he would normally not do.  He should not be covering every type of WR either.  He is a big CB and young CB that is still getting better.  We are not going to have amazing players everywhere and if the front seven gets worked out he will be a much better player.  Remember he is only 24, although it feels like he has been in the league for 10 years, and we will not break the bank to resign him.  Trevon Diggs will be 23 at the start of the season and Worley will be 25.

Everytime i catch myself asking who is that guy blowing coverage... 8 times outta 10 its Worley.

I always forget he is so young, so I'll give you that. 

Edited by OG_C2X

Worley is fine with me. Been a lot better since Mullen has been on the other side. Not sure what that says about Conley but Worley is a nice option at CB. Whitehead on the other side shouldn’t sniff Vegas unless he goes there on vacation. 

Best case scenario is that I.Johnson emerges into the starting role with Mullen and you can use Worley in the slot and cover TEs. Vic has mentioned this is what PG would like to happen. 

Edited by agarcia34

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Worley is fine with me. Been a lot better since Mullen has been on the other side. Not sure what that says about Conley but Worley is a nice option at CB. Whitehead on the other side shouldn’t sniff Vegas unless he goes there on vacation. 

Best case scenario is that I.Johnson emerges into the starting role with Mullen and you can use Worley in the slot and cover TEs. Vic has mentioned this is what PG would like to happen. 

I think what it says about Conley is abundantly clear. The guy just was not good at all. You don't have to rub your eyes and wonder if that is what you are seeing. It is. He's been toast in Houston too. Maybe it's because he hasn't refined his craft or nothing clicked? And he's not physical at all back there.. Mullen/Worley is definitely alot better than Conley/Worley. 

Do we need to dump Worley, resign him, draft someone high? I don't know. It really depends. Mullen got next to no playing time, now all of a sudden since he is thrust in after Conley was traded, he looks pretty damn good. So is Isaiah Johnson good? How the heck do we know? But if he is, we don't need to draft a CB high.

I think it may be that rare and special time where this team (perhaps this offseason) can now draft a top player regardless of need. Just to add someone elite. Not because he is going to plug up a terribly weak position. I can't list nearly as many team needs as I could just a short time ago. Free agency might actually fill some. We could hypothetically go into the draft only starving for a linebacker and taking whatever gift(s) falls our way. 

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He has his cringe moments, but all around he's decent #2 CB. You can do a lot worse that Worley. And he should be inexpensive.

I'm excited to see how Isaiah Johnson progresses. He has the talent and upside to be a starting CB on the outside in Gunther's system. Vic Tafur was talking about how he's one of the most confident players on the team during his latest podcast. We may be okay with Johnson/Mullen on the outside next year. 

4 hours ago, holyghost said:

Mullen got next to no playing time, now all of a sudden since he is thrust in after Conley was traded, he looks pretty damn good. So is Isaiah Johnson good? How the heck do we know? But if he is, we don't need to draft a CB high.

How Mullen, Johnson, Crosby, and Ferrell play over the next 5 games is going to have a huge impact on how we approach the draft and free agency.