2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree that a WR like Lamb would contribute more and Lamb is my favorite WR prospect but the question is the value there for any of the Wr's mentioned in the first round compared who could be there in the middle of the 2nd (if we trade up) or 3rd round if we stay where we are? 

As I have pointed out nearly every 1st round WR since 2015 has been a disappointment based on their draft position and are any of these top WR's elite #1's?   Elite #1 talent is what you look for in the 1st round when drafting a WR.  If the answer is yes then I have no problem taking a WR at 12.  If any of the top 3 has #1 potential Lamb is the top dog.  

From what I have read this is a very deep WR class and I think a 2nd or 3rd round WR will end up having a greater impact than at least one of the 3 WR's at the top of this class. 

WR is also not a premium position like an edge rusher and a team can never have too many premium pass rushers especially a team like the Raiders who has not been able to get after a QB in over a decade.  Maxx and Ferrell showed promise last season but are far from proven commodities and the nice thing about Chassion is he is very versatile as he can put his hand in the dirt, get after the Qb from the LB position and drop back into coverage and cover TE's.  That is a nice chess piece to have and I don't think there are many prospects later in the draft with that versatility and upside potential.  

I’m gonna come back to This and right a long response.  Just in middle of the GM board mock and I’m on the clock.  Ain’t no one biting on trades so far so everyone please give me your opinions.  I posted who was pick previously.

i see you put time into your response so I want to take the time to respond accordingly and not blow you off with a quick answer.

11 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

@BayRaider @Humble_Beast @Frankie2Gunz @OG_C2X @oakdb36 @RAIDER4LIFE @NYRaider @Justwinning @Trojan @MrOaktown_56 @big_palooka

hey im on the clock in a mock draft game on the GM forum.... this is whose picked:

Joe Burrow
Chase Young
Tua Tagovailoa
Isaiah Simmons
Justin Herbert
Jeffrey Okudah
Andrew Thomas
Jedrick Wills
Derrick Brown
Tristan Wirfs
Mekhi Becton
CeeDee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
Javon Kinlaw
Henry Ruggs III
K'Lavon Chaisson
C.J. Henderson
Josh Jones

who would you take at 19?

Jaylon Johnson 

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Well I’m suppose to ask people’s opinions so would you like to give me a player or two you’d take?

I gave you them above. 

1) Jaylon Johnson

2) Ross Blacklock

3) Jordan Love

4) Patrick Queen

5) AJ Terrell

I’m pretty Anti-Fulton but if that’s your guy, go ahead and pick him. These are just suggestions. 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

@BayRaider @Humble_Beast @Frankie2Gunz @OG_C2X @oakdb36 @RAIDER4LIFE @NYRaider @Justwinning @Trojan @MrOaktown_56 @big_palooka

hey im on the clock in a mock draft game on the GM forum.... this is whose picked:

Joe Burrow
Chase Young
Tua Tagovailoa
Isaiah Simmons
Justin Herbert
Jeffrey Okudah
Andrew Thomas
Jedrick Wills
Derrick Brown
Tristan Wirfs
Mekhi Becton
CeeDee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
Javon Kinlaw
Henry Ruggs III
K'Lavon Chaisson
C.J. Henderson
Josh Jones

who would you take at 19?

You guys are right, this pick is in no mans land. 

As the team currently sits we are in dire need of a CB and from what I can tell based on most mocks the 2 highest rated prospects are Fulton and Diggs.  SLB is also in consideration here as that is a void on our D so Queen possibly and Murray but I am not sure if he fits on the outside or is strictly a MLB on the next level.  

I dont know enough about the prospects I mentioned to give an exact pick but I will say that Cb is a larger need than LB.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Just now, Trojan said:

Trade down.
If they refuse to bit let time expire. Force a trade.

Jaylon Johnson doesnt go for at least 10 more picks in that group drafting get value.

Disagree my man, I think Johnson goes to the Vikings in real life at 25. We’ll see though. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Disagree my man, I think Johnson goes to the Vikings in real life at 25. We’ll see though. 

The FFMD2 is essentially the same group as TCMD.

Jaylon Johnson went 57th in TCMD. I took AJ Terrell at 42 in TCMD.

Force the trade. Or sell for under book value to move it faster.

Edited by Trojan

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

No one is biting on trades... I sent out many feelers. 
The only player I’d add to your suggestions is Murray, as someone said above.

but If you’re the GM who do you pick... your the most opinionated person here ... so who do you take if ur GM?

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

The FFMD2 is essentially the same group as TCMD.

Jaylon Johnson went 57th in TCMD. I took AJ Terrell at 42 in TCMD.

Force the trade. Or sell for under book value to move it faster.

Ahhh gotcha. I’m treating this like it’s real life and the real GM’s.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

but If you’re the GM who do you pick... your the most opinionated person here ... so who do you take if ur GM?

If I was forced to make a pick it would be Fulton.  He fits a need, is highly ranked and it appears he thrives in man coverage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d go Jaylon Johnson or Ross Blacklock in real life. I love, love both players 

For reference, this exact situation happened yesterday and Charles Davis had us taking Blacklock:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108117/article/charles-davis-2020-nfl-mock-draft-20-patriots-pick-jordan-love

But you’re the GM and whatever you pick I’m ok with. Even Fulton. Even though I don’t think Fulton’s that good. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d go Jaylon Johnson or Ross Blacklock in real life. I love, love both players 

For reference, this exact situation happened yesterday and Charles Davis had us taking Blacklock:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108117/article/charles-davis-2020-nfl-mock-draft-20-patriots-pick-jordan-love

But you’re the GM and whatever you pick I’m ok with. Even Fulton. Even though I don’t think Fulton’s that good. 

Thank you ... it’s such a bad spot to be in... like we all said for the last week.