2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

12 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Thanks! 
I’d prefer to be positive and think he’ll do good and then add Chase and then Carr’s all-world and even you have his jersey in ‘21

I’ll tell more details once the guy picks 

ps- was never going to take Love I was bluffing trying to get bidders.  You should know me better than that.  I’m a shrewd negotiator like the guy from vinwiki (YouTube joke). It was hard to even stomach typing those thoughts about Love but to get a deal done i sucked it up lol

Hahaha I figured as much.  After reading so many of your posts this didn't make any sense at all.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Great trade but I'm fascinated to see who you would have taken had you stayed at 19? 

If you were not able to pull off that trade would you still have went Lamb at 12 knowing what was available at 19?

Jaylon Johnson or Fulton or Delpit probably since most people wanted a CB (and in Delpit’s case we don’t have Randall on the roster)
it was a horrible spot to be in

id probably take lamb again.  I’m just not sold on the other WRs later.... it’s very hard to trade in this league.  People are wierd and it’s not like real life... no way to know we could trade up from 3rd to get a WR in 2nd.  
all say this not many teams like Love.... the comments I got asking if they wanted to trade up for him were often hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Hahaha I figured as much.  After reading so many of your posts this didn't make any sense at all.  

I’m a very good salesman lol.  I can lie right to ur face and make u believe anything I want lol 

but it did hurt me on the inside to even type those words.... the team possibly trading for Love actually backed out anyways... they weren’t committed at all they were just having fun listening to offers

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Jaylon Johnson or Fulton or Delpit probably since most people wanted a CB (and in Delpit’s case we don’t have Randall on the roster)
it was a horrible spot to be in

id probably take lamb again.  I’m just not sold on the other WRs later.... it’s very hard to trade in this league.  People are wierd and it’s not like real life... no way to know we could trade up from 3rd to get a WR in 2nd.  
all say this not many teams like Love.... the comments I got asking if they wanted to trade up for him were often hilarious.

Lamb could very well be the pick at 12 if he is there and you're right 19 in that situation was a terrible spot to be in.  The value in that range is terrible as the quality of player we would have received would be similar to that of a pick 10 or so spots later.  Nice trade and hopefully the Panthers suck next year lol

If we didn't have Randall I would have said Delpit all the way. Let's say the draft plays out like this on draft day, we cant trade the pick and Delpit is the highest ranked player on Mayocks board, do we make that pick?  Delpit should be a very good pro but the pick doesnt do us much good this year unless we move Randall back to Cb and that didn't work out so well in GB.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lamb could very well be the pick at 12 if he is there and you're right 19 in that situation was a terrible spot to be in.  The value in that range is terrible as the quality of player we would have received would be similar to that of a pick 10 or so spots later.  Nice trade and hopefully the Panthers suck next year lol 

Thanks,,, and they’ll likely be picking top 5. Imagine if Teddy gets hurt and we’re picking 1, low20s, 33, 50s, etc

this is why I think we should try and trade 19 for a 2nd and future 1st to a team that wants Love

Just gonna throw this out there, not a Carr hater, I like the guy alot and think he’s more talented than more than a few SB winning QBs and feel like he’s had a rough go since the Downing fiasco, lack of weapons, get a future hall of famer only to see him bury himself (Antonio 🤡).. My gut wants me to see him get a potential franchise WR and see what he can do but there’s always a chance he’s still captain check down..  but would you:

trade Carr and #19 for Yannick and #42??? We gave Mariota a lot of money to be a clipboard holder and Grudock have a thing for him apparently.. Jacksonville gets a QB to build around, we get a legit Edge rusher in his prime to form a legit DE rotation with Ferrell, Crosby and Nassib and Jax can draft his replacement (Chaisson at 19).. i don’t think there’s such a thing as too many pass rushers, Yannick would bring the heat we haven’t had since KMack was traded and that would allow them optimal and more efficient reps as a rotation. We roll with Mariota, draft Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs at 12 and use 42 to draft the best available corner..  

just a thought? I’m fine with Carr, but there could very well be no drop off in offensive production and also adds a different element with Mariota as far as his scrambling ability and we can improve in other areas towards becoming a relentless defense. 

48 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

Just gonna throw this out there, not a Carr hater, I like the guy alot and think he’s more talented than more than a few SB winning QBs and feel like he’s had a rough go since the Downing fiasco, lack of weapons, get a future hall of famer only to see him bury himself (Antonio 🤡).. My gut wants me to see him get a potential franchise WR and see what he can do but there’s always a chance he’s still captain check down..  but would you:

trade Carr and #19 for Yannick and #42??? We gave Mariota a lot of money to be a clipboard holder and Grudock have a thing for him apparently.. Jacksonville gets a QB to build around, we get a legit Edge rusher in his prime to form a legit DE rotation with Ferrell, Crosby and Nassib and Jax can draft his replacement (Chaisson at 19).. i don’t think there’s such a thing as too many pass rushers, Yannick would bring the heat we haven’t had since KMack was traded and that would allow them optimal and more efficient reps as a rotation. We roll with Mariota, draft Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs at 12 and use 42 to draft the best available corner..  

just a thought? I’m fine with Carr, but there could very well be no drop off in offensive production and also adds a different element with Mariota as far as his scrambling ability and we can improve in other areas towards becoming a relentless defense. 

The flaw in your thinking is Mariota is just now getting to know Gruden let alone his highly complex offense. Carr has been in it for 2years. Even if Mariota is a better fit for the offense, which is yet to be seen and which I don't know that I buy, as a player type he still would provide a drop in offense production. He doesn't know the offense, the receivers or the coach and we could be looking at a modified version of the off season training schedule.

The second part of that is Carr is more valuable than Yannick so we'd have to get more than the 42 from you. I'm thinking more like Carr and #19 for Yannick and #9.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Johnson said his video chats have been: Patriots, Bills, Lions, Raiders. We’re not gonna interview every prospect projected to go in the top two rounds, so we definitely have interest in him. 

They interviewed Justin Herbert 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

trade Carr and #19 for Yannick and #42???

I might trade #19 for Yannick & # 42 but he'd want Mack money and isn't the best system fit IMO.

Would rather give up no picks and offer Clowney 15 million for one season. This gives our young guys another season of seasoning and gives us a vet who when healthy can dominate.

Edited by G

Send 12 and 19 to the Lions or Giants. Hard to see a trade-up like that happening tho. I wouldn't be mad I would support it but can't see it happening with WR being such a big hole on the team and no 3rd round WR is gonna come in and be that main WR for the Raiders.

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

How do we come away with Simmons and Okudah? That's what we need to fix this defense

Throw Young in there too, heck why not Brown as well.  This isn't Madden and coming away with Simmons and Okudah is nearly impossible lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Throw Young in there too, heck why not Brown as well.  This isn't Madden and coming away with Simmons and Okudah is nearly impossible lol

Burrow. Young. Tua via trade. Wirfs. Herbert. Brown. 

Trading 19, 80, 92 and 2021 2nd for 7 + 113 is an 80 point advantage to Carolina. Using pick 65 (1st pick of the 3rd) for the value of the 2021 2nd. 

7. Okudah

Willis. Juedy. Thomas. Becton. 

12. Simmons

Not unrealistic as your want to make it out to be. 

Just now, OG_C2X said:

Burrow. Young. Tua via trade. Wirfs. Herbert. Brown. 

Trading 19, 80, 92 and 2021 2nd for 7 + 113 is an 80 point advantage to Carolina. Using pick 65 (1st pick of the 3rd) for the value of the 2021 2nd. 

7. Okudah

Willis. Juedy. Thomas. Becton. 

12. Simmons

Not unrealistic as your want to make it out to be. 

Okuda and SImmons lasting to 7 and 12...  Give me a break.  This isn't Madden land and the odds of those trade occurring.... ZERO Keep dreaming LOL