2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think the ideal situation has us draft:

Lamb at 12, trade 19 to Indy for 34 and 44.

draft a CB (Johnson/Terrell/Fulton) at 34 and possibly move back a bit from 44 if possible get a speedy pass rusher Ike Okwara.  In round 3 grab a something like Akers, Pittman, and someone else.

I would love that trade back but if Lamb is not there at 12 who would you target?

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think the ideal situation has us draft:

Lamb at 12, trade 19 to Indy for 34 and 44.

draft a CB (Johnson/Terrell/Fulton) at 34 and possibly move back a bit from 44 if possible get a speedy pass rusher Ike Okwara.  In round 3 grab a something like Akers, Pittman, and someone else.

Obviously the 34/44 is a very sexy and popular trade. But the Colts will probably be offering that package to all teams between 14-19 to move up. Someone else likely accepts it first. My guess is TB at 14, and the Colts throw in a 4th Rounder. 

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would love that trade back but if Lamb is not there at 12 who would you target?

If Lambs not there I’d hope Brown is.  If he’s not I’d go Jeudy.  And I don’t like that pick.  
This draft isn’t that great.  We pick 12/19 and are gonna get a guy who should go 16-24ish and then 30-40 in any other year.

id either trade up for Simmons/Okudah at 7-9 is there there or take Lamb and trade 19 back for 2 2nds (or a 2nd and ‘21 1st/2nd plus).  

My board for 12:

Simmons, Okudah, Lamb, Brown, Jeudy, Henderson (and pray he toughens up), Chaisson (at this point why not just say YOLO and take a huge risk with upside), Ruggs, Kinlaw

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Obviously the 34/44 is a very sexy and popular trade. But the Colts will probably be offering that package to all teams between 14-19 to move up. Someone else likely accepts it first. My guess is TB at 14, and the Colts throw in a 4th Rounder. 

Well let’s hope a OT is there for them to like lol 

All these bad scenario is why I have zero problem paying a premium to move up for a difference maker Iike Simmons or even Okudah.  
Do we want Jeudy at 12 and one of many 2nd round graded players at 19?  
the problem is we won’t be able to trade 19 until we’re on the clock or the pick before. we could get stuck having to pick someone not worth 19 at all.

if I think Lamb won’t be there I’d have no problem trading 12/19 to move up for Simmons preferably but if not Okudah and a 2nd, ‘21 2nd, etc 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How would you guys feel about Chaisson at 12, best Cb on the board at 19 and packaging 2 of our 3 3rd's to move back up into the middle/ end of the 2nd to target the best WR on the board?

I’ve been busy and haven’t had a chance to finish my opinion on Chaisson at 12 like you asked but I don’t like it in short.

Reason: our defense is now serviceable.  Needs upgrades but we can be respectable into there.  Our offense isn’t.  We’ll struggle without a starter at WR.  We can spend this years 12/19 and next years 1st+2nd all we want a build a real solid defense.  But if we struggle to put up 20 let alone 30 we ain’t beating KC.

• Like 1

I Hate Chicago so much.... why couldn’t they have lost a few more games and we’re picking in the top 10.  If I ever see Mack in public I’m gonna hit him with the I’ll sucker punch .... and run like all hell.  The trick is to weave lol you can’t straight line run

I think it’s finally set in that there’s a good chance this draft is very disappointing for us, despite having 2 1sts and 3 3rds.  
Another reason I’d be all about trading 19 away for something small this year and a 1st next year.

Edited by jimkelly02

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I Hate Chicago so much.... why couldn’t they have lost a few more games and we’re picking in the top 10.  If I ever see Mack in public I’m gonna hit him with the I’ll sucker punch .... and run like all hell.  The trick is to weave lol you can’t straight line run

I think it’s finally set in that there’s a good chance this draft is very disappointing for us, despite having 2 1sts and 3 3rds.  
Another reason I’d be all about trading 19 away for something small this year and a 1st next year.

Lollllllllllllllllllll he'll hit you with so many rights you'll be begging for a left. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Totty said:

Lollllllllllllllllllll he'll hit you with so many rights you'll be begging for a left. 

Bro I stay with a big old .45 in my hoody when I go out.... I’d end his career from my back .... crying, bloody

those Irish kneecapings ain’t something ya come back from  lol

youd have to shoot someone like him,,, he’s such a monster

Note: This is strictly a poor joke not a threat

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I had Love going to Carolina in one of my mocks, but I don’t see it happening anymore. Joe Brady is a genius and will want to show what he can do with any QB. If Teddy stinks it up, they can do everything they can do bring in Hometown Hero Trevor Lawrence in 2021. 

Hometown hero? Clemson is in South Carolina and TL is from Georgia.