2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There is plenty on this board. I feel like every other Brown fan is a cop. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

“Not that there’s anything wrong with that”.... isn’t that a line from Seinfield?

When I picture a Browns fan I fed see cop and truck driver lol.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

“Not that there’s anything wrong with that”.... isn’t that a line from Seinfield?

When I picture a Browns fan I fed see cop and truck driver lol.

No clue. Seinfield is one of the worst shows ever imo.

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nice dude is a legit WR who has blazing speed... Posted this similar days ago.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/3/31/21198008/henry-ruggs-iii-nfl-draft-2020-speed-wide-receiver-class-highlights-strengths

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Is our D serviceable?  I'm not so convinced it is.

Our current Cb's are not good, our pass rush last season was bottom 3 and have we really improved enough to push us out of the bottom 5 again this offeseason?  While we have improved our LB's but Kwik is hardly a proven commodity and our remaining LB spot is a major weakness.  We could move Chaission all over and line him up at DE or LB to get after the passer.  We are missing a chess piece like that on this roster and being able to harass opposing QB's is critical to the success of this team. Our interior pass rush has been non existent with Hurst and Hall proving to be nothing more than rotational players.   Collins has upside potential but is far from a proven commodity.

I don’t dislike Chaisson.  He’s just so risky as a boom/bust.  We can’t afford a bust right now.  I do Think we need a chess piece or Star player on Defense.  Which is why I’d accept paying a Kings ransom for Simmons.  I think he can be a 8-10 sack LB.  he’s raw but so fast and crafty blitzing from the edge.  
If not Simmons or Chaisson, I really like Okwara.  He brings speed as a PR that we sorely lack.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I wouldn't say we have spent a lot of capital on DE's.  Ferrell yes, as he was the 4th overall pick but Maxx was a 4th rounder who turned out to be a gem, Nassib is a rotational piece who is hardly a pass rushing dynamo and beyond that we have nothing.  When not lined up with his hand in the dirt a player like Chassion can rush from the LB position and is versatile enough to drop into coverage.  Trust me we will find a way to have him contribute in a major way.

My point is that we need to get after the passer much better than we did last season as that is still a major hole on this roster.  If either Maxx or Ferrell get injured we will be once again bottom 3 in terms of sacks and that is unacceptable if we want to contend in the AFC West.  

I don't mind the idea, but I just don't love the player at 12 personally. He likely won't fall to 19 but if he's there I'd take him. I actually like Gross-Matos more than Chassion, especially in our system. I think Gross-Matos can be an Everson Griffen/Carlos Dunlap type of player. Big, long, athletic, can be a real anchor in the run game and can get you 8-10 sacks a year. 

I do like the idea of adding a pass rusher but I like Baun or Gross-Matos at 19 more. Particularly Baun. The more I watch, the more I like, and the more I believe he could fit the idea you're using for Chassion of playing SLB and blitzing and rishing off the edge in pass rushing sutuations. 

I also think Collins is a proven commodity. He's not elite, but on a per rush basis he's extremely effective, he's still very young and I believe his best football is in front of him. But I could still get behind the idea of Kinlaw or Brown at 12 if we pass on WR. Not because I don't believe in Collins but because I believe Hurst and Hall can be high level rotational players but likely will never be stars. 

I still like Lamb at 12, but if he isn't there and we're talking a situation where we go a different direction than WR at 12 and 19 I think Kinlaw would be my top choice for the likely players available and then at 19 take Fulton, Baun or Gross-Matos in that order. 

And then package the two thirds and get as high as we can in the second to take Mims or Higgins. 

End of the day I think one of the top 3 WRs will be the very likely pick at 12. I just think all the investment in free agency, the other picks we have and the multiple trades last year for any type of spark at WR after we traded for one of the elite wideouts in the game and the trades that didn't materialize that we were apparently interested in (Anderson) show that the front office views it as a huge area of need. Plus I think those wideouts will simply be in the discussion for BPA to boot, particularly Lamb who I think is a top 5 prospect overall. 

If we were to pass on Lamb and pass at 19 on a wideout and there's a huge run and were left with a guy like Reagor (who I like but think is a project) I think the team will be much worse off than if we pass on someone like Chassion and have to settle for someone like Greenard or Taylor who can come in and provide some pass rushing reps in a rotation. 

Right now Lamb at 12 and Baun/Gross-Matos or Fulton at 19 is what I hope we see come draft day. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I wouldn't say we have spent a lot of capital on DE's.  Ferrell yes, as he was the 4th overall pick but Maxx was a 4th rounder who turned out to be a gem, Nassib is a rotational piece who is hardly a pass rushing dynamo and beyond that we have nothing.  When not lined up with his hand in the dirt a player like Chassion can rush from the LB position and is versatile enough to drop into coverage.  Trust me we will find a way to have him contribute in a major way.

My point is that we need to get after the passer much better than we did last season as that is still a major hole on this roster.  If either Maxx or Ferrell get injured we will be once again bottom 3 in terms of sacks and that is unacceptable if we want to contend in the AFC West.  

4th overall pick one year ago is pretty significant by itself. Two sophmore players pretty much penciled in as starters and the majority of snaps. Your assesment of Nassib would not seem to be in line with the FO. He was given a lot of money. He will see significant snaps. Dynamo or not. 

As to your point about hypothetical injuries to Ferrell and Crosby, I dont disagree in principal. But that same argument can be applied to basically every position on this team. Depth is an issue. More pressing are the positions where we dont even have a competent starter. That should take priority at 12. 

I’d prefer Baun over Chaisson at 19 tbh. Baun is better suited for a SLB and EDGE role than Chaisson. I think Chaisson would be fine in a 4-3 but I really feel his max potential will come as a 3-4 EDGE. 

Baun has great coverage, can be a SLB primarily in base, and be a Nickel LB in coverage with Littleton. They can rush Baun at LB with a 5 man rush at times, and even spell Ferrell/Maxx when necessary. 

Don’t get me wrong, Baun is like 5th favorite pick at 19, but I think he’s a way better fit than Chaisson. 

Baun/Littleton as Nickel LBs? See ya TEs/RBs! Not to mention the Nickel Formation Blitzes with Baun. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Dude if JO or Simmons are there you run to the podium.  Get real and try to contribute something of substance here.

Lol!! U just said ur not thrilled about a solid top #1 wr at 12. Get off your high horse. Asking who is falling to us. 

Juedy prob the pick if board is normal. Do u take simmons if he falls or what if u get great trade offer?

1 minute ago, StocktonSav said:

4th overall pick one year ago is pretty significant by itself. Two sophmore players pretty much penciled in as starters and the majority of snaps. Your assesment of Nassib would not seem to be in line with the FO. He was given a lot of money. He will see significant snaps. Dynamo or not. 

As to your point about hypothetical injuries to Ferrell and Crosby, I dont disagree in principal. But that same argument can be applied to basically every position on this team. Depth is an issue. More pressing are the positions where we dont even have a competent starter. That should take priority at 12. 

Is Nassib not a rotational piece?  He certainly isn't a pass rushing dynamo averaging 4 sacks per season over his 4 year career.  He has upside at only 26 and I like his game but would not want him as an every down player on the edge.  He is quality depth with upside potential and I like the signing.

Let's just say that at 12 Lamb is gone and Kinlaw or Henderson are available and we draft one of them.  Then we trade 19 and one of our 3rd's to ATL. for 16 and take Chaisson and play him at LB and DE in certain passing situations.  Having Chaisson being able to cover and be a rushing threat would be great value and would do wonders for the other players trying to get after the QB.  Chaisson has to obviously show that he can pay on the next level, which is a crap shoot for any player but he checks all the boxes.  Elite athletic ability, versatile, clean player in terms of no off the field issues, team leader, relentless motor and stout against the run.

Think about this.  Ferrell, Kinlaw, Hurst, Maxx along the line Littleton, Kwik, Chaisson as our LB's Mullen, (FA CB) Joyner, Abram and Randall.  That is a solid young core on D...

I'm just thinking outside the box here as pass rush is still a major need on this team.  I can not stress how important this is to any D and we are still near the bottom in the league in terms of getting after the QB no matter what some on here want to believe.  Outside of the QB play itself being able to harass a QB is very close in terms of importance.

1st round WR value has been proven to be terrible since 2015 and I would venture to say that at least one of the 3 WR's (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs) will not be good value if taken at 12.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Lol!! U just said ur not thrilled about a solid top #1 wr at 12. Get off your high horse. Asking who is falling to us. 

Juedy prob the pick if board is normal. Do u take simmons if he falls or what if u get great trade offer?

Run to the board and take Simmons.  It's not even a question.  Simmons is a versatile chess piece that any D coordinator would salivate over being able to utilize.  

If Megatron or Julio was there at 12 I'd run up to take them but the WR's we are talking about here are not those type of prospects.  I would only consider Lamb at 12 as I think he will be the best of the bunch but my questions is the difference between (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs) prove to be better value than a WR taken in the mid 2nd round which we have the ammo to trade up and get.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Run to the board and take Simmons.  It's not even a question.  Simmons is a versatile chess piece that any D coordinator would salivate over being able to utilize.  

If Megatron or Julio was there at 12 I'd run up to take them but the WR's we are talking about here are not those type of prospects.  I would only consider Lamb at 12 as I think he will be the best of the bunch but my questions is the difference between (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs) prove to be better value than a WR taken in the mid 2nd round which we have the ammo to trade up and get.  

I think CB and Wr are the two biggest needs going into draft, 

Can you get a solid WR in round 2 or 3 in this draft, yes depending how boards fall. But I say fill roster with best talent u can. If juedy is best guy at 12 get him, I prefer Lamb myself. 

It's tough to pass on lamb or juedy, I'm just so partial to lamb that it's become that's who I want.

I love Simmons but what if the team picking few slots back offers you that first, 2nd for swap ? I probably still want Simmons bad enough

Edited by roi34
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Is Nassib not a rotational piece?  He certainly isn't a pass rushing dynamo averaging 4 sacks per season over his 4 year career.  He has upside at only 26 and I like his game but would not want him as an every down player on the edge.  He is quality depth with upside potential and I like the signing.

Let's just say that at 12 Lamb is gone and Kinlaw or Henderson are available and we draft one of them.  Then we trade 19 and one of our 3rd's to ATL. for 16 and take Chaisson and play him at LB and DE in certain passing situations.  Having Chaisson being able to cover and be a rushing threat would be great value and would do wonders for the other players trying to get after the QB.  Chaisson has to obviously show that he can pay on the next level, which is a crap shoot for any player but he checks all the boxes.  Elite athletic ability, versatile, clean player in terms of no off the field issues, team leader, relentless motor and stout against the run.

Think about this.  Ferrell, Kinlaw, Hurst, Maxx along the line Littleton, Kwik, Chaisson as our LB's Mullen, (FA CB) Joyner, Abram and Randall.  That is a solid young core on D...

I'm just thinking outside the box here as pass rush is still a major need on this team.  I can not stress how important this is to any D and we are still near the bottom in the league in terms of getting after the QB no matter what some on here want to believe.  Outside of the QB play itself being able to harass a QB is very close in terms of importance.

1st round WR value has been proven to be terrible since 2015 and I would venture to say that at least one of the 3 WR's (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs) will not be good value if taken at 12.  

-He's certainly a rotational piece. My point is that he is a significant part of the rotation. He will account for a majority of the DE snaps off the bench and that would interfere with getting Chaisson on the field.

-Assuming your hypo, not a fan of trading up in that scenario. But just to discuss, not an ideal situation for Chaisson imo. Edge is his best fit. Maybe he could play SLB but it wouldnt be optimizing his skill set which is what you want for any rookie. Would seem to be forcing the position just to get him on the field and justify the 1rd selection. Also still a problem since the 3rd lb is used less and less in favor of nickel packages.

-I get it. As I said before, I agree with the approach to a degree. From my view, our D is bad and likely will still be below average this coming year. For high picks the priority should go to greatest need. Pass rush remains an issue but I think there are other positions ahead of it not just WR.

4 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I think CB and Wr are the two biggest needs going into draft, 

Can you get a solid WR in round 2 or 3 in this draft, yes depending how boards fall. But I say fill roster with best talent u can. If juedy is best guy at 12 get him, I prefer Lamb myself. 

It's tough to pass on lamb or juedy, I'm just so partial to lamb that it's become that's who I want.

I love Simmons but what if the team picking few slots back offers you that first, 2nd for swap ? I probably still want Simmons bad enough

Amari Cooper Kevin White DeVante Parker Nelson Agholor Breshad Perriman Phillip Dorsett Corey Coleman Will Fuller Josh Doctson Laquon Treadwell Corey Davis Mike Williams John Ross D.J. Moore Calvin Ridley Marquise Brown N'Keal Harry

Here is a list of 1st round WR's since 2015.  If this list doesn't scare you then I don't know what to say.  Every year these Wr's are hyped up come draft day and looking back on history you have a scary list like this....