2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I agree with everything you are saying here except the part where Dillon tips your hand and limits your play calling.

First, Dillon showed at the combine that he is perfectly capable of running back routes and flexing out to catch the ball and had soft hands. The only reason people put big backs in that box is because the ratio of time they are used as the 2nd back and brought in for short yardage situations is much higher than just standard rotation subs where the pass is a 50-50 option. I think he would be just fine in that role. But having him gives us the added benefit of using him in those short gain plays.

Second, I think that it can give you more options in the play calling area if you use them right. Think about having both in the back field at the same time and using Dillon as a led blocker or then flexing Jacobs out to show the defenses' hand and give Carr the run/pass option vs a less stacked box. Alot could be thought up with Gruden's background using 2 backs.

Cam is a great player but I don't think we need to take a guy like him in the 3rd when we can probably get Dillon in the 4th or 5th. That said I wouldn't be pissed with us taking him. I just think it's missing an opportunity to add more valuable defensive talent and still get the backfield help we need.

This Dillon is very good at pass blocking also better than Akers imo

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

CIN - Joe Burrow QB LSU
This is a no brainer.

WAS - Chase Young DE OSU
Ron Rivera is bringing a 4-3 to Washington. Johnathan Allen will slide inside next to Payne with Sweat on the outside. Kerrigan is getting old and Chase will complete a DL that could wreck havoc for years.

LAC - Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama
The Chargers send a 2020 1st and 3rd and a 2021 1st to move up for the QBotF. Tyrod starts the year and Tua will probably finish it.

NYG - Isaiah Simmons LB/S Clemson
This is where the draft swings. The giants could go OT (Willis) or WR (Juedy) here and fill bigger needs. But I think Gettleman can't resist Simmons and he jumps on it.

MIA - Justin Herbert QB Oregon
Miami has a bunch of picks and a bunch of holes. They get their QBotF and didn't have to give up any extra picks for him

DET - Derrick Brown DT Auburn
It's a toss up between Okudah and Brown here. I think Patricia knows he is on the hot seat and a Rookie DT has greater game changing ability then a Rookie CB so the impact will be felt earlier with Brown.

LVR - Jeffery Okudah CB OSU
I think Mayock sends 12, 80 and 91 (1526 pts) to Carolina for pick 7 (1500 pts). Gets a lock down corner to play across form Mullen.

If Okudah makes it to 8 I think we have to do what we can. But we still have 3 weeks left before the draft. If we sign a cb before then. I think it is a lock for wr. But I also will be watching if we restructure any more contracts. Because I think that is a telling sign of what mgt thinks of Carr. Brown. Jackson and Williams.  

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

CIN - Joe Burrow QB LSU
This is a no brainer.

WAS - Chase Young DE OSU
Ron Rivera is bringing a 4-3 to Washington. Johnathan Allen will slide inside next to Payne with Sweat on the outside. Kerrigan is getting old and Chase will complete a DL that could wreck havoc for years.

LAC - Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama
The Chargers send a 2020 1st and 3rd and a 2021 1st to move up for the QBotF. Tyrod starts the year and Tua will probably finish it.

NYG - Isaiah Simmons LB/S Clemson
This is where the draft swings. The giants could go OT (Willis) or WR (Juedy) here and fill bigger needs. But I think Gettleman can't resist Simmons and he jumps on it.

MIA - Justin Herbert QB Oregon
Miami has a bunch of picks and a bunch of holes. They get their QBotF and didn't have to give up any extra picks for him

DET - Derrick Brown DT Auburn
It's a toss up between Okudah and Brown here. I think Patricia knows he is on the hot seat and a Rookie DT has greater game changing ability then a Rookie CB so the impact will be felt earlier with Brown.

LVR - Jeffery Okudah CB OSU
I think Mayock sends 12, 80 and 91 (1526 pts) to Carolina for pick 7 (1500 pts). Gets a lock down corner to play across form Mullen.

100 percent would love this move.  Okudah is clearly the best Cb prospect in this draft, Cb is a premium position and an area of need. 

If we pulled this off I could see us going WR at 19 and most likely Jefferson would still be available there.  Coming out of the 1st with Okudah and Jefferson would be a major win.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

And I've only been in 2 real fights in my life but that doesn't have anything to do with my ability in martial arts which I have trained in for the past 20 years.

Just because the stats don't bear something out doesn't mean it's been disproved.

Dillon looked natural and proficient at the combine catching the ball and running routes.

Add that to the other points I made in my previous post and I think Dillon would be a solid addition.

I like Dillon, I have him mocked to us in my most recent expanded mock draft. I didn't see him in the combine drills but in every scouting report I've read on him they say he's not a natural receiver and likely won't offer much in that phase in the NFL. 

His combine numbers are almost identical to what Derrick Henry put up a few years ago. 

Henry (6'3" 247) - 4.54 forty, 22 bench reps, 37" vertical, 130" broad jump, 7.20 3-cone drill

Dillon (6'0" 247) - 4.53 forty, 23 bench reps, 41" vertical, 131" broad jump, 7.19 3-cone drill 

Edited by NYRaider

It's really a crapshoot on who will be the first WR taken. You can make a case for all three of them for the Jets who are probably the first team to take a WR and for the Raiders. 

One draft prop I love is under 12.5 for CeeDee Lamb 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

@BayRaider

can you believe Jordan Love went 55 in the FFMD GM draft?  Chicago even passed on him 1x (#43) before taking him.

i knew people across this board didn’t love him but wow!  What do u think his real draft floor is ?

This is a forum full of fans. Love probably gets selected in the Top 15-16 picks, but his absolute floor is Pick 31. 49ers will look to move back there, as they don't pick again until the 5th Round. Either the Colts or Chargers will move up to 31 (from 34 or 37) and select him. Jordan Love will not escape the 1st Round. No chance. He's met with the Colts like 4-5 times... real visit, combine visit, and two video chats as far as I'm aware of. Colts would trade a 3rd Round Pick to get from 34 to 31 just to secure a 5th Year Option on a QB.

Once again, this is a forum full of fans, Love making it to Pick 55 is super unrealistic. He's going in the 1st Round.

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I like Dillon, I have him mocked to us in my most recent expanded mock draft. I didn't see him in the combine drills but in every scouting report I've read on him they say he's not a natural receiver and likely won't offer much in that phase in the NFL. 

His combine numbers are almost identical to what Derrick Henry put up a few years ago. 

Henry (6'3" 247) - 4.54 forty, 22 bench reps, 37" vertical, 130" broad jump, 7.20 3-cone drill

Dillon (6'0" 247) - 4.53 forty, 23 bench reps, 41" vertical, 131" broad jump, 7.19 3-cone drill 

Yeah. I read the same things but saw something different. Most likely because he worked on what are perceived as his weakness headed into what could be the biggest job interview of his life. Whether he is good, great or just proficient at catching the ball I think he would still be a great pick up in the 4th or 5th rd. I don't wanna put the Henry comparison on him because of the success he has had but the numbers are eye opening.

People have mentioned Moss or Akers but I think they are too closely comparable to what we already have and I think it's important to have different tool in the tool box. That said I want to upgrade the backfield and if we add a good young back I'll be happy.

Edited by NightTrainLane
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is a forum full of fans. Love probably gets selected in the Top 15-16 picks, but his absolute floor is Pick 31. 49ers will look to move back there, as they don't pick again until the 5th Round. Either the Colts or Chargers will move up to 31 (from 34 or 37) and select him. Jordan Love will not escape the 1st Round. No chance. He's met with the Colts like 4-5 times... real visit, combine visit, and two video chats as far as I'm aware of. Colts would trade a 3rd Round Pick to get from 34 to 31 just to secure a 5th Year Option on a QB.

Once again, this is a forum full of fans, Love making it to Pick 55 is super unrealistic. He's going in the 1st Round.

It's also a staple in ffmd where QBs are weirdly undervalued, particularly projects. I wouldn't be surprised if the chargers take love top ten. 

That being said, not buying the niners taking a project quarterback in the middle of a super bowl window. Most teams just don't have the fortitude tbh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's also a staple in ffmd where QBs are weirdly undervalued, particularly projects. I wouldn't be surprised if the chargers take love top ten. 

That being said, not buying the niners taking a project quarterback in the middle of a super bowl window. Most teams just don't have the fortitude tbh

I don’t think the Niners are taking him at 31, but the Colts/Chargers would trade in from 34/37 and give a 3rd (which is a lot and horrible value) to secure that 5th Year Option. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think the Niners are taking him at 31, but the Colts/Chargers would trade in from 34/37 and give a 3rd (which is a lot and horrible value) to secure that 5th Year Option. 

Oh yeah, agree with that for sure. 

I spent the better part of this evening watching every Wisconsin defensive snap from Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, both Ohio State games, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota and Oregon from 2019.

Zach Baun is exactly what we need as a SAM. He can play LB in the base and DE in Nickel. 

So in addition to the trade up to 7 for Okudah. I would trade back with Seattle who sees the pass rusher the way (Espensa or YGM) on the board and jumps for him. 19 + 80 (1065pts) ==> 27+59+101 (1086pts).

Take Zack Baun at 27.

With the depth of WR of this class I think there will be a game changer there early in the 2nd, so the raiders package up the picks and move into the top end of the 2nd and get Brandon Aiyuk or the BPA. 59 + 91 +159 (472pts) for 43 (470pts).

7. Jeff Okudah

27. Zack Baun

43. Brandon Aiyuk

91. Solomon Kindley

101. AJ Dillon

121. Khalid Kareem 

Let's Go!!

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 2