2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

22 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

-He's certainly a rotational piece. My point is that he is a significant part of the rotation. He will account for a majority of the DE snaps off the bench and that would interfere with getting Chaisson on the field.

-Assuming your hypo, not a fan of trading up in that scenario. But just to discuss, not an ideal situation for Chaisson imo. Edge is his best fit. Maybe he could play SLB but it wouldnt be optimizing his skill set which is what you want for any rookie. Would seem to be forcing the position just to get him on the field and justify the 1rd selection. Also still a problem since the 3rd lb is used less and less in favor of nickel packages.

-I get it. As I said before, I agree with the approach to a degree. From my view, our D is bad and likely will still be below average this coming year. For high picks the priority should go to greatest need. Pass rush remains an issue but I think there are other positions ahead of it not just WR.

I agree with this 100 percent.  Edge is his best fit and playing him at SLB would not be ideal.

We need elite talent with the ability to get after a QB and Chaisson possesses that ability.  Will it materialize on the NFL level, who knows but I would be wiling to take that risk.  It's not like we have proven commodities on the edge either so if one of them gets injured or falters Chaisson could step in and be a difference maker.  Ferrell in my opinion is at best an 8 to 10 sack per season type of player, well rounded but I am not sure he will ever become a dominant pass rusher.  if Chassion can progress he has the physical ability to be an elite type of pass rusher like Danielle Hunter.  That type of edge talent is not something that should be passed up no matter what you have on the roster.  

What about the scenario I mentioned where we take Kinlaw at 12 and trade up to 16 and take Henderson if he is there?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree with this 100 percent.  Edge is his best fit and playing him at SLB would not be ideal.

We need elite talent with the ability to get after a QB and Chaisson possesses that ability.  Will it materialize on the NFL level, who knows but I would be wiling to take that risk.  It's not like we have proven commodities on the edge either so if one of them gets injured or falters Chaisson could step in and be a difference maker.  Ferrell in my opinion is at best an 8 to 10 sack per season type of player, well rounded but I am not sure he will ever become a dominant pass rusher.  if Chassion can progress he has the physical ability to be an elite type of pass rusher like Danielle Hunter.  That type of edge talent is not something that should be passed up no matter what you have on the roster.  

What about the scenario I mentioned where we take Kinlaw at 12 and trade up to 16 and take Henderson if he is there?

But does it hinder his progression by being unable to get him on the field enough or playing him out of his long term position? I think it does which is why I wouldnt make the pick.

As to your scenario: it would depend on who else is there. I dont like the idea of giving up a third to move up 3 spots. But Im definetly good with double dipping on defense with both 1st rounders

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Amari Cooper Kevin White DeVante Parker Nelson Agholor Breshad Perriman Phillip Dorsett Corey Coleman Will Fuller Josh Doctson Laquon Treadwell Corey Davis Mike Williams John Ross D.J. Moore Calvin Ridley Marquise Brown N'Keal Harry

Here is a list of 1st round WR's since 2015.  If this list doesn't scare you then I don't know what to say.  Every year these Wr's are hyped up come draft day and looking back on history you have a scary list like this....

Only Cooper, White, Parker, Coleman, and Davis were top 15 picks. 

1 hour ago, HvacRaider said:

Honestly i am going be mad if we dont take lamb @12 if he is available.. 19 idk if we can trade back like most seem to want. But id look at delpit. 

If we can’t move back I think we’ll see something similar to the Ferrell pick. We’ll take either AJ Terrell, Kristian Fulton, or Jaylon Johnson.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

My dream scenario is trade out of 12 and 19. Get two later firsts and a second. Trade the second/two thirds up. Pick like 26, 27, 31. Zack Baun, Jaylon Johnson, and Ross Blacklock. Scary scary defense.

My dream scenario is to move down and acquire another 1st in 2021 so we have the capital to move up for Lawerence/Fields.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Run to the board and take Simmons.  It's not even a question.  Simmons is a versatile chess piece that any D coordinator would salivate over being able to utilize.  

Simmons is going to be a beast and has so much versatility but with the additions of Kwit/Littleton in free agency, if we are going to trade up I'd prefer Derrick Brown or Jeff Okudah. 

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

1st round WR value has been proven to be terrible since 2015 and I would venture to say that at least one of the 3 WR's (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs) will not be good value if taken at 12.  

When you look at early picks though the only top 15 picks have been Amari Cooper, Kevin White, DeVante Parker, Corey Coleman, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and John Ross. 

Cooper has been a consistent 1,000+ yard guy. 

White has only played in 14 career games.

Parker had 1,000+ yards this season and looks like a player on the rise. 

Coleman has been hurt throughout his NFL career, only playing in 27 career games. 

Davis did zero athletic testing but he looks like a solid #2/#3.

Williams led the league in yards per catch last season at 20.2 ypc and looks like one of the better young WR in the league.

Ross has been hurt but was on pace for 1,000+ yards this season before getting hurt.

So of the 7 WR drafted in the top 15 over the last 5 years, 3 have become 1,000+ yard guys, 2 have been hurt throughout their careers, and 2 have been on pace for 1,000+ yards.