2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

I don't mind the idea, but I just don't love the player at 12 personally. He likely won't fall to 19 but if he's there I'd take him. I actually like Gross-Matos more than Chassion, especially in our system. I think Gross-Matos can be an Everson Griffen/Carlos Dunlap type of player. Big, long, athletic, can be a real anchor in the run game and can get you 8-10 sacks a year. 

Agreed. If we go edge, Gross-Matos is the best fit for what we do. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Amari Cooper Kevin White DeVante Parker Nelson Agholor Breshad Perriman Phillip Dorsett Corey Coleman Will Fuller Josh Doctson Laquon Treadwell Corey Davis Mike Williams John Ross D.J. Moore Calvin Ridley Marquise Brown N'Keal Harry

Here is a list of 1st round WR's since 2015.  If this list doesn't scare you then I don't know what to say.  Every year these Wr's are hyped up come draft day and looking back on history you have a scary list like this....

I agree to a degree. There are a ton of those guys that went up after combine. Cooper was the #1 ranked wr and best prospect. He has been solid #1 draft pick. He isn't a Julio Jones type but not a bust.  Just because guys get overdrafted doesn't mean some of these guys won't be good. There will always be busts in first and get finds in other rounds. 

That list of receivers is terrifying.. 

if you go back just 1 more year though you have Watkins, Evans, Odell, brandin Cooks and Benjamin which is much better looking list. 

let’s just hope this year looks more like that. 

looking back shows how little I know though, I was so high on Watkins haha

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Okudah/Simmons/Brown seems to be the consensus for Cardinal fans over on AZ Cardinal Forum. 

The media is obsessed with giving them Wirfs and Wills though. 

Very small sample size. The AZ forum is hardly any activity. Their offseason thread is 3 pages long lol.

Jerry Jeudy is just so smooth. Reminds me a lot of Chad Johnson. Him and Ruggs are 1a and 1b for me.

Jeudy also very underrated after the catch his ability to stop and go and change directions is too nice! 

Cant wait for the draft 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

When you look at early picks though the only top 15 picks have been Amari Cooper, Kevin White, DeVante Parker, Corey Coleman, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and John Ross. 

Cooper has been a consistent 1,000+ yard guy. 

White has only played in 14 career games.

Parker had 1,000+ yards this season and looks like a player on the rise. 

Coleman has been hurt throughout his NFL career, only playing in 27 career games. 

Davis did zero athletic testing but he looks like a solid #2/#3.

Williams led the league in yards per catch last season at 20.2 ypc and looks like one of the better young WR in the league.

Ross has been hurt but was on pace for 1,000+ yards this season before getting hurt.

So of the 7 WR drafted in the top 15 over the last 5 years, 3 have become 1,000+ yard guys, 2 have been hurt throughout their careers, and 2 have been on pace for 1,000+ yards. 

All terrible value.  Look at that list man.  Quit trying to polish a turd.  WR value in the 1st round has been terrible no matter how you slice it.  

Every year these guys are hyped up only to disappoint.  Why will this year be any different?  These guys have it easy in college getting to run by future mailmen all day long, that doesn't happen in the NFL. 

I like Lamb but I am not convinced value will be ideal value at 12 considering how deep this class allegedly is.  if Mayock drafts him he must feel that he is a legit stud who's game will transfer to the NFLand I will be on board.  If one of the Bama guys are drafted I will be disappointed. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That list gives me nightmares.  Taking one of those bums would be catastrophic...

If you look at the edges taken top 15 since 2015...

• Dante Flower (#3 pick in 2015): Average 6.8 sacks per season, 1 season of 10+ sacks

• Leonard Williams (#6 pick in 2015): Average 3.5 sacks per season, 0 seasons of 10+ sacks 

• Vic Beasley (#8 pick in 2015): Average 7.5 sacks per season, 1 season of 10+ sacks

• Joey Bosa (#3 pick in 2016): Average 10.0 sacks per season, 3 seasons of 10+ sacks

• DeForest Bucker (#7 pick in 2016): Average 7.1 sacks per season, 1 season of 10+ sacks

• Myles Garrett (#1 pick in 2017): Average 10.0 sacks per season, 2 seasons of 10+ sacks

• Solomon Thomas (#3 pick in 2017): Average 2.0 sacks per season, 0 seasons of 10+ sacks

• Derek Barnett (#14 pick in 2017): Average 4.5 sacks per season, 0 seasons of 10+ sacks

• Marcus Davenport (#14 pick in 2018): Average 5.2 sacks per season, 0 seasons of 10+ sacks

• Nick Bosa (#2 pick in 2019): 9.0 sacks as a rookie

• Clelin Ferrell (#4 pick in 2019): 4.5 sacks as a rookie

• Josh Allen (#7 pick in 2019): 10.5 sacks as a rookie

• Rashan Gary (#12 pick in 2019): 2.0 sacks as a rookie

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you look at the edges taken top 15 since 2015...

• Dante Flower (#3 pick in 2015): Average 6.8 sacks per season, 1 season of 10+ sacks

• Leonard Williams (#6 pick in 2015): Average 3.5 sacks per season, 0 seasons of 10+ sacks 

• Vic Beasley (#8 pick in 2015): Average 7.5 sacks per season, 1 season of 10+ sacks

• Joey Bosa (#3 pick in 2016): Average 10.0 sacks per season, 3 seasons of 10+ sacks

• DeForest Bucker (#7 pick in 2016): Average 7.1 sacks per season, 1 season of 10+ sacks

• Myles Garrett (#1 pick in 2017): Average 10.0 sacks per season, 2 seasons of 10+ sacks

• Solomon Thomas (#3 pick in 2017): Average 2.0 sacks per season, 0 seasons of 10+ sacks

• Derek Barnett (#14 pick in 2017): Average 4.5 sacks per season, 0 seasons of 10+ sacks

• Marcus Davenport (#14 pick in 2018): Average 5.2 sacks per season, 0 seasons of 10+ sacks

• Nick Bosa (#2 pick in 2019): 9.0 sacks as a rookie

• Clelin Ferrell (#4 pick in 2019): 4.5 sacks as a rookie

• Josh Allen (#7 pick in 2019): 10.5 sacks as a rookie

• Rashan Gary (#12 pick in 2019): 2.0 sacks as a rookie

The fact that you are equating sacks to the value of these players shows me that you don't understand their value. 

You also mention that these are all "edge players"  while some may play on the edge at times, Williams, Buckner and Thomas are primarily 3T's.  

I would much rather have the players and their production than the bum WR's that I mentioned.  

I would rather have both Bosa's, Garrett, Allen and Buckner over any of the WR's mentioned on that list. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Agreed. If we go edge, Gross-Matos is the best fit for what we do. 

I would be pissed if we get Matos...probably wouldn’t even want him if we had a second.

i don’t need average athlete at DE. We need to get to the QB.

-Mattos is a below average athlete at DE in the NFL

-Slow off the Snap

-Has Average hands and no nfl ready pass rush moves

-He’s one of those college DE’s who is bigger, longer, and just athletic enough to be a good college player. I see nothing in him now that says he will be a good DE in the NFL, that’s not worth a 1st. Definitely not worth 12 or 19. He will be there at 19...

nothing about that is something we need to be drafting. If we go DE we need someone who can get after the QB. I don’t need any more 4 sack DEs.  

Edited by TheMadStork
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The fact that you are equating sacks to the value of these players shows me that you don't understand their value. 

You also mention that these are all "edge players"  while some may play on the edge at times, Williams, Buckner and Thomas are primarily 3T's.  

I would much rather have the players and their production than the bum WR's that I mentioned.  

I would rather have both Bosa's, Garrett, Allen and Buckner over any of the WR's mentioned on that list. 

Bosa, Garrett, Allen, and Buckner were all top 7 picks and much better prospects than any edge player in this class. 

54 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

All terrible value.  Look at that list man.  Quit trying to polish a turd.  WR value in the 1st round has been terrible no matter how you slice it.  

Every year these guys are hyped up only to disappoint.  Why will this year be any different?  These guys have it easy in college getting to run by future mailmen all day long, that doesn't happen in the NFL. 

I like Lamb but I am not convinced value will be ideal value at 12 considering how deep this class allegedly is.  if Mayock drafts him he must feel that he is a legit stud who's game will transfer to the NFLand I will be on board.  If one of the Bama guys are drafted I will be disappointed. 

I've agreed with you that WR's are found in the middle rounds. As I've mentioned numerous times only 5 of the top 20 WR's in the league last season in terms of yards were former first round picks.