2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

This is how difficult mock drafts are, contest from last year:

Team and Pick = 1 point

Pick correct but not correct team (trade happens) = 0.5 points

Charlie Campbell is back to back champ with 10/32 in both 2018 and 2019. That's how hard mock drafts are. 10/32 is the holy grail. 5/32 is about the average. Yes, just 5 picks correct is the average. That's how unpredictable the NFL draft is.

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Over the last 5 years only 3 rookie WR's have put up 1,000+ yards. Amari Cooper, Michael Thomas, and A.J. Brown. 

Would you take Hopkins knowing he didn't top 1000 yards? 

It's not just yards year one, just impact. With waller in middle Tyrell slides to #2 and gets healthy. That's big. I'd take 850 yards 5 tds 

• Like 1

I could see a trade up for Okudah if he makes it to 7. I think Burrow, Tua and Herbert go top 6. Young is in the top 6 too. Simmons, Brown, Okudah and OTs could go there as well. It's probably not the most likely scenario but Okudah could be available when Carolina is on the clock. 7+38 for 12+19?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Lions would take him. They get the player they want after trading down and getting picks. It would be a super win for the lions. 

I think that the lions go DT over CB. Both are positions of need. A DT has the potential of making a bigger impact earlier then the a CB does and Patricia might be on the hot seat this year and need quick results.

Just hard to see a DT who is not a pure pass rusher go in the top 5. Don’t get me wrong Brown is an excellent talent, but he leaves a lot to be desired as a pass rusher and for you to take a DT in the top 5 I think you need a more rounded player who also offers a pass rush. Okudah is plug and play never leave the field while Brown is two down run stopper early in his career that you continue to develop his pass rush. 

Brown a great player but top 5 for his skill set is really high. 

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Just hard to see a DT who is not a pure pass rusher go in the top 5. Don’t get me wrong Brown is an excellent talent, but he leaves a lot to be desired as a pass rusher and for you to take a DT in the top 5 I think you need a more rounded player who also offers a pass rush. Okudah is plug and play never leave the field while Brown is two down run stopper early in his career that you continue to develop his pass rush. 

Brown a great player but top 5 for his skill set is really high. 

He was a top 5 pick last year had he entered. He did nothing to hurt his stock. His pass rush ability is there he had pressures and Tipped passes. He is not leaving the field on 3rd down.

33 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Brown in the top 5 is wishful thinking and not gonna happen. I think you’re trying to find a way for Okudah to fall than being realistic cause if a GM takes Brown ahead of Okudah then that’s a huge red flag. 

Brown is EASILY a top 5 player in this draft. Burrow, Young, Okudah, Brown, Simmons. And DT is far more valuable then CB. 

The joke that is PFF is the only site I don't see him as a top 6 prospect.

Seeing a team opt for Brown over Okudah would not surprise me one bit.

Edited by OG_C2X

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If that DT had pass rushing moves like Aaron Donald I would agree. But that’s not who Brown is. So no Brown is not more valuable than Okudah. He’s not going top 5 it’s that simple. 

I think Brown is vastly overrated to be honest, but we will see.

From SI 

It’s no secret that the Lions are open for business with the third pick. And they’re not alone. Early word is this year’s draft is no different than most—with more teams near the top willing to move down than up. The Jaguars are another team that’s kicked around the idea of moving down. The Raiders too, a team that could well be looking to replace the second-rounder they lost this year, with the final pieces in the Khalil Mack trade finally in play.

Oklahoma’s CeeDee Lamb and Alabama’s Jerry Jeudy have emerged as the top two receivers in the class, in some order. But as we’ve said a bunch the last few weeks, neither guy is Julio Jones, and the depth of the overall group could wind up hurting them on Day 1. Why? Teams will figure they can come back and get a good receiver on Day 2, and the recent history of second-rounders at the position (Michael Thomas, D.J. Chark, D.K. Metcalf, A.J. Brown) may actually be better than what we’ve seen in the first round.

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If that DT had pass rushing moves like Aaron Donald I would agree. But that’s not who Brown is. So no Brown is not more valuable than Okudah. He’s not going top 5 it’s that simple. 

I have him going 6 to the Lions soooooo i would agree.

I said he was a projected top 5 pick last year had he entered, which is a fact. He did nothing to hurt his stock, which is a fact. And he is a top 5 player, which is an opinion.  

He is going to be a Lion. If they don't trade out of 3 he will be a top 5 pick.

5 hours ago, roi34 said:

Would you take Hopkins knowing he didn't top 1000 yards? 

It's not just yards year one, just impact. With waller in middle Tyrell slides to #2 and gets healthy. That's big. I'd take 850 yards 5 tds 

Personally I don't think whoever we draft at WR needs to be dominant in year one like a lot of other people on the forum. That's another reason why I prefer Ruggs over Lamb or Jeudy. With Ruggs you know you're getting a 60-70 catch guy that you can utilize in other ways as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Brown in the top 5 is wishful thinking and not gonna happen. I think you’re trying to find a way for Okudah to fall than being realistic cause if a GM takes Brown ahead of Okudah then that’s a huge red flag. 

The Lions were 2nd to last in the league in sacks and had one of the worst run defenses in the league last year too. Adding Brown would give them two borderline elite pieces to build their defensive line around.