2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

45 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm good with Lamb/Ruggs/Jeudy at 12.

I'm quite shocked.  You think all will be good pros?  Odds are that 2 of the 3 will pose terrible value at 12 based on recent history of 1st round WR's.. 

Also doesn't it scare you that both Bama WR's basically played on a semi pro team littered with 1st round talent.  Those guys were never the focal point of opposing D coordinators bc the coordinators couldn't figure out who to shut down.  I'm basically saying they had it easy at Bama and the pros will be a harsh dose of reality and if these guys don't work extra hard they will fizzle out as I don't see elite traits other than Ruggs speed. Also how will they deal with press coverage from eilte NFL CB's?  That is the big question.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Crazy how Jeudy was viewed as a Top 5 Prospect in December and January, and Top 5-6 in Mocks. And most have soured on him it seems like. Reminds me of the Clelin Ferrell situation last year. Top 5 In Rankings, Top 5 in Mocks, and then everyone just started getting influenced by the media (not that I am accusing anyone of getting influenced by the media about Jeudy) and getting sour on Ferrell. And if you put him at Pick 4 in Feb-Apr, you’d get crucified. Even though in December-January, it was the complete norm for Ferrell to be Pick 4 in Mocks. 

I still have Jeudy as my WR1 and that won’t change come draft time. Although it’s Jeudy 1a and Ruggs 1b for me. Very close. Not as big on Lamb as others, but any of the three I’d be on board with. 

Edited by BayRaider

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

why did Jeudy stock tumble? he had a good combine

Classic case of over thinking, just like Ferrell last year. 

Though there are people who have had Lamb and Ruggs all along, so I’m not speaking about everyone. 

Ok guys left for a few hours but:

I don't want this continued flaming or trolling.

Ignore someone if you don't get along. 

I don't care who started it or who said what.

Keep. It. Football. Related.

I don't want arguments about how the forum is moderated. If you have a problem PM me.  The next few weeks should be really fun with the draft coming up. Don't ruin it for yourself or other posters. Enjoy the excitement leading up to the draft.

31 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm quite shocked.  You think all will be good pros?  Odds are that 2 of the 3 will pose terrible value at 12 based on recent history of 1st round WR's.. 

Also doesn't it scare you that both Bama WR's basically played on a semi pro team littered with 1st round talent.  Those guys were never the focal point of opposing D coordinators bc the coordinators couldn't figure out who to shut down.  I'm basically saying they had it easy at Bama and the pros will be a harsh dose of reality and if these guys don't work extra hard they will fizzle out as I don't see elite traits other than Ruggs speed. 

Assuming those historical stats play out (which who knows since every situation, year, player, organizational fit, coaching staff, etc is different) then you still have to take the swing if you believe the guy there is the 1 out of 3. Assuming you like the player. The Draft is a crapshoot. Success rates are bad at every position. Teams trust their evaluators and hope for the best

I follow your point but its not as if players from less stacked teams are particularly well suited for that scenario either. The good (going against highly skilled Alabama defenders in practice, elite coaching staff) outweighs some of those concerns for me

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Classic case of over thinking, just like Ferrell last year. 

Though there are people who have had Lamb and Ruggs all along, so I’m not speaking about everyone. 

Are you telling me that Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs will all be good pros and pose good value for where they are drafted?

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Are you telling me that Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs will all be good pros and pose good value for where they are drafted?

Not really, I don’t think Lamb at 12 is good value at all. Just trying be nice and avoiding flaming. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Crazy how Jeudy was viewed as a Top 5 Prospect in December and January, and Top 5-6 in Mocks. 

And Jevon Snead was once considered to be the best shot to go #1 in ‘10 (right after the ‘09 draft). 

I have this bookmarked on my phone:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/174699-way-too-early-2010-mock-draft.amp.html

It’s a mock from a month after the ‘09 draft.  Looks how horrible the predictions were!

Tons of players seem like sure fire top picks until their put through scrutiny.  Jeudy is one of them.

44 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Man if Terrell Lewis can stay healthy he’s going to be a problem. He’s so damn long. He’s an interesting thought if you maneuver into that 25-40 range. 

He’s being slept on IMO too.  He’s got more than just staying healthy to do though.  I wouldn’t say he’s your average “raw” player.  With him it’s more of he needs to takes all his talents and bring it together, and with consistency.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Not really, I don’t think Lamb at 12 is good value at all. Just trying be nice and avoiding flaming. 

You also have said Cooper is an elite #1.  I think you have an infatuation with Bama as you have been jocking Tua too.  Outside of Julio tell me the last time Bama turend out stud #1 and you think 2 are coming out in this draft?

When was the last time Bama turned out a stud Qb, how many left handed stud QB's are in the NFL and does it scare you that he played with 1st round talent all over the field?