2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can’t even post an opinion anymore lol. 

This started with: 

Frankie: Do you think Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs are really all worth Pick 12?

Myself: Not really. I don’t think Lamb is worth Pick 12. Although I don’t like stating that opinion often because I don’t want to get flamed.

Next reply by Frankie is him super triggered and upset, even though I said “I usually don’t post this opinion because I don’t wanna get flamed”. 

And then two pages of Frankie/Jim being absolutely triggered over my opinion and me posting as calm as could be. Can basically read the entire conversation. 

I suppose I should ignore these situations in the future and not reply regardless and stoop to low levels. 

The draft thread has been getting clogged left and right. 

Hey, do not talk badly about this thread.  We have quietly created the most viewed and active thread ever in this forum to feed HB's need for attention and stopped him from creating 400 other threads.  We did get the depth chart but I kind of like and expect that one.  I think we all just need to relax and enjoy this masterpiece of a thread.  Thank you Humble Beast.

• Like 6

Just now, BayRaider said:

For the 87th time, I never said Cooper was elite. That’s you adding a word for dramatic effect. Yes, I said he was a #1 Receiver. 

Frankie is the same guy who last year said Alshon Jeffrey, Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Corey Davis are all better WRs than Cooper. 

I would venture to guess over half his post on here are talking shizz about Cooper, just like he was obsessed with Cooper on the old forum. The rest of his post are nuthugging Carr and crying about he doesn't have enough weapons.

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Frankie is the same guy who last year said Alshon Jeffrey, Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Corey Davis are all better WRs than Cooper. 

I would venture to guess over half his post on here are talking shizz about Cooper, just like he was obsessed with Cooper on the old forum. The rest of his post are nuthugging Carr and crying about he doesn't have enough weapons.

I am trying to defuse the situation here.  Thank yo HB.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Lets not characterize other posters please...

• Like 1

•Trade 12 to NE for 23 and 2021 1st rounder.. they trade up for Jordan Love so BB gets his Brady replacement,  assuming Tua and Herbert are gone to Miami and LAC, or a top tier WR to help that offense.. At 23 we take Brandon Aiyuk
(Ranked 24th overall by Daniel Jeremiah). Dude can take it to the house on any play, and may be a poor mans Ruggs but at least we get 2021 ammo if we make a move for a new franchise QB.

•Trade 19 and 91 to Sea for 27, 59 and 102).. they trade up for Justin Jefferson to pair with DK Metcalf.. Russ Wilson finally gets some WR with clout.. At 27 we take Jaylon Johnson to solidify the CB position and have youth on the islands for years to come with him and Mullens. 

•At 59 I’m going to trade up with Cleveland for 41, giving them 80 overall as well.. At 41 we take Denzel Mims to give us a solid group of WR that gives Carr weapons to grow with heading into LV.. Mims could get plenty of playing time in 3-4 receiver sets and could look to replace Tyrell  full time in 2021 as he would likely be a cap casualty.

•81 - Malik Jefferson LB - 2 down thumper and quality depth behind Littleton and Kwiatkoski. 

•91 - Terrell Burgess S - Learn the system and potentially start next to Abram in 2021 if Randall looks for a bigger payday or has sub par season. 

•102 - Shane Lemeiux OG - Depth for the OLine and a potential starter in 2021 with Richie in his last year or 2 and Gabe a potential cap casualty. 

•121 - Lamichael Perine RB - Need another capable RB to take the load off Jacobs shoulders, literally.. 5’11”, 218, not the fastest at 4.6 speed but a good compliment to Jacobs and also caught 40 passes last season. 

•159 - James Morgan QB - Gruden gets a developmental toy. 

***Keep in mind, the trade down at 12 didn’t benefit us for this years draft class, but an additional 1st rounder next year for a position of need will continue to build this team into a potential perennial contender by 2021-2022. 

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You guys racks me up.  Non stop entertainment during these boring times...  Now back to a real question LOL

Would you guys prefer scenario 1 or 2 if we stay at 12 and 19 and go WR/CB?  Which is a better long term move for our team?

1. Lamb and Fulton/ Terrell

2. Henderson and Jefferson

I prefer 1. Main reason is i don't like Jefferson in the 1st. I think he can become a good pro but never 1st round WR good.

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Once again, for the 80th time we’ve got into an argument, he’s batting 1.000 starting it. He edited out his insult, but he quoted me first in a character-assassination type way. I’m not gonna sit around and let someone take a shot at my credibility and also insult me. 

I’m not the issue here. Never have been. That would be him. I’m not derailing the thread and never quote him first attacking his credibility, attacking his character, or insulting him. 

shut_up.gif

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Once again, for the 80th time we’ve got into an argument, he’s batting 1.000 starting it.

Sorry....but you posted saying you wanted to draft Johnson in round 1 in February. I found that odd considering you never mentioned him in February. Further, you ranked your top 5 CBs, without mention of Johnson. You were trying to sell us on Arnett, who's name you've since dropped from the conversation.

My issue was with the braggadocio post you made claiming you had Johnson as a first round pick in February, is that it doesn't correlate to your rankings in February. And saying opinions change is fine, but you're saying you had him as a first round pick in Feb, which isn't accurate. He wasn't even in your top 5 and I just pointed that out.

So I am not trying to "bait" you, just don't appreciate chest pounding off inaccurate information. Again, if you want to show posts where you mocked Johnson round 1 as you claim, then I'll gladly back off my opinion.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

why did Jeudy stock tumble? he had a good combine

I don't think his stock has tumbled. He''ll still go top 15. He lacks elite traits to be a top 5-10 pick. He's got a small frame, had some drop issues with defenders on him. Otherwise he's a clean prospect who will be productive, but likely not a top 5-10 WR in the game in his career. 

And because of the depth of WR in this class, he likely goes later because teams feel they can get a WR in round 2-4 so that pushes his value down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lamb ran a 4.5 and Jeudy a 4.45.  You're telling me that .5 seconds in a straight line makes Jeudy more valuable than Lamb?  Lamb was the focal point of every D coordinator he faced and still dominated.  That to me is a way more important stat than .5 seconds in a straight line especially when he played alongside another 1st round prospect and a top 10 prospect QB.  

Add to this Lamb is equally a skilled route runner. But where he outperforms is contested catch, physicality and hands. Lamb also has that killer instinct to his game you want in a WR. He's not a guy who will disappear late in games.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Add to this Lamb is equally a skilled route runner. But where he outperforms is contested catch, physicality and hands. Lamb also has that killer instinct to his game you want in a WR. He's not a guy who will disappear late in games.

All reasons I like Lamb the most, but I do believe that the Raiders will take Juedy, who feels like a Cooper clone. 

9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

@Frankie2Gunz 

it’s not worth the argument... just let him think what he wants like everyone else on the board does.  Even I learned to just let him post his often wild ideas.  The guys yet to take someone’s good point and let that change his stance.  You could have textbook evidence of your point and you won’t get a “good point... maybe your right in some ways”.  You’ll get “watch the tape” I’m right!

Posts like these aren't necessary.  Let's refrain from talking about posters.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I like Jeudy but I just get Amari Cooper vibes from him. 

• Like 1