2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

It was my same thinking earlier that Murray at 19 would complete the LB core, but but I've been convinced we can get a guy in the 3rd we really need to come away with a CB, WR in the first two pick.

Yeah I agree with you.  With Nick K. and Cory L., we really don't need to go after a 1st round LB.  With the way we have addressed LB the last two seasons, I'd be shocked if we drafted one in the first.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Yeah I agree with you.  With Nick K. and Cory L., we really don't need to go after a 1st round LB.  With the way we have addressed LB the last two seasons, I'd be shocked if we drafted one in the first.

At this point I'd honestly be a little surprised if we drafted a LB with any of our first 5 picks. According to Vic the staff likes Kwit/Littleton as three down linebackers and they also like Lee/Morrow as backups going into their third seasons in Gunther's system. I also think LB isn't as pressing of a need because we have Abram/Heath who will also be playing hybrid S/LB roles and in the box a ton.

• Like 1

http://bleacherreport.com/post/oakland-raiders/96353a3d-bbd5-4339-a9c3-995a19fdc288

Jaylon Johnson, on a bleacher report podcast, said if he had to guess he team to draft him it’d be the Raiders.

i do think this means absolutely zero though because the Raiders at 19 are his absolute ceiling.  Almost all players, especially CB/WR think they’re going to the highest barely reasonable spot.

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

http://bleacherreport.com/post/oakland-raiders/96353a3d-bbd5-4339-a9c3-995a19fdc288

Jaylon Johnson, on a bleacher report podcast, said if he had to guess he team to draft him it’d be the Raiders.

i do think this means absolutely zero though because the Raiders at 19 are his absolute ceiling.  Almost all players, especially CB/WR think they’re going to the highest barely reasonable spot.

He seems like a Grudock type player/prospect. He's supposedly one of the highest character guys in the class. 

• Like 1

If we have to stay put at 19 he`s definitely in the mix, and if there`s concerns or whatever that's why I decided to double dip at the position. plus if either one and Johnson pan out its a very good thing cb is definitely a good position to a lot of talent for two reasons , its a passing league...duh,lol. also last time I checked good cb`s are very easy to move whenever you need to. how many have been traded for in the last 2 yrs? in other words ...if we end up with 4 good corners, paying them all wont be a problem cuz trading a good corner is easy as 1.2.3.lol

22 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

If we have to stay put at 19 he`s definitely in the mix, and if there`s concerns or whatever that's why I decided to double dip at the position. plus if either one and Johnson pan out its a very good thing cb is definitely a good position to a lot of talent for two reasons , its a passing league...duh,lol. also last time I checked good cb`s are very easy to move whenever you need to. how many have been traded for in the last 2 yrs? in other words ...if we end up with 4 good corners, paying them all wont be a problem cuz trading a good corner is easy as 1.2.3.lol

Take a similar approach to last year. Draft a more developed guy that can contribute early in the 1st/2nd and then get a traits guy in the 3rd/4th like we did with Mullen/Johnson.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Very interesting he would say that considering he had to get some type of strong connection to them that separates the Raiders from the other teams he’s talked too. 

7 hours ago, Chali21 said:

All reasons I like Lamb the most, but I do believe that the Raiders will take Juedy, who feels like a Cooper clone. 

Exactly I'll rather have an alpha like Lamb, then a sissy boy like Cooper. Jeudy reminds me of Cooper too much, but not as good. 

Lamb or Ruggs for me after reading more on Lamb. 

54 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Sometimes influenced by what teams theyve had the most contact with as well. Which also doesnt guarantee that team is drafting them. More suprising that he would even give a specific answer. Most guys give a cliche "ill just be happy to be drafted and work wherever I go blah blah"