2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, SodakRaiders said:

Hey everyone, had an account with the old website. First time posting on the new one.  I have been hearing a lot lately that Henry Ruggs is the most competitive player at Alabama and was the best locker room guy on the team.  He also had the highest wonderlic score out of the big 3 wide outs. This just sounds to me like a big time Mayock guy.  I should say that I would be happy with any of the big 3 but I am squarely in the Jeudy camp.  

I get the same vibe about Terrell from Clemson.  He just seems like a Mayock guy more so than CJ Henderson.  Easy to find highlights of him filling hard in run support.  I feel like Henderson is an ok tackler but I don't think he plays the right brand of football. 

I also get the vibe that we will take another wide out in the 3rd. Claypool maybe. Another big, fast, smart, wide out who loves to block.   

All of the picks last year had a few things in common.  Hard nosed guys that are smart and seem to love football.  No off the field issues and a lot of team captains. 

Getting pretty stoked for draft day!

Welcome

I seen probably 3 Baylor games this year so I don’t know much about him aside from those games and his freaking skill set. With any Baylor WR they’re know for producing some of the worst route runners. That would be an obvious concern for me. Especially with a Gruden system. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Schrager mock draft

12. CeeDee Lamb

19. Kenneth Murray

Yeah that was the consensus mock before FA not now.  Would we really draft a LB that high still? Highly doubt it.  I’d assume Murray plays SAM? Don’t like that.

12 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

this guy isn't perfect but he has ball skills, 6'1, had the second fast 40 at the combine behind Ruggs. Could be a steal in the 3rd-4th if he went to BAMA probably be a 2 rounder

Because he's fast? What else does he bring to the position? Glancing at some scouting report, sounds like a 6-7th round ST guy at best:

• Unable to maintain level of play against better competition
  • Hemmed up by physicality of Alabama's Trevon Diggs
  • Hands and feet need more schooling to defeat cramped release
  • Hip tightness restricts flow of route
  • Struggles to bend and brake on intermediate comebacks
  • Late adjusting to underthrown balls
  • Shows signs of skittishness working into traffic
  • Appears to be a body-catcher by nature
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:
well that's a good stat for sure.lol it took me 2 games of watching him to see that he was a player I really liked as a potential steal after the first round, then I watched some video and was very impressed, not just with his receiving ability, catch radius etc. but also his ability and tenacity as a blocker. then he shined at the sr bowl (and I got a little worried) then he went and blew up the combine with julio type numbers (not saying he`s julio at all.lol and I got even more worried) this kid went from hardly even being mentioned to maybe a surprise higher pick than people think? part of me liking him is just purely gut/hunch, but hes got talent as well. imo, him lamb and DuVernay will give you some attitude to go along with talent. they all have a little yac beast in them....I likes...jus sayin.lol

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What's your point?  Are you suggesting that we reach for a speed guy because we need speed?  That would be terrible and in the mold of Al Davis (the senile years). 

My point is get one of the top guys in the 1st or 2nd round if that's what they want you can make moves by trading back or trading up from the 3rd, nobody said reach for anything, but if you want one of the top guys they will be gone by the 3rd round. Just like Caplan said.