2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Oklahoma's system also gave him a ton of clean windows to throw into though. 

Also when they lost trey the rb it put extra pressure on hurts to make and create plays. He isn’t really that bad of a qb imo

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Also when they lost trey the rb it put extra pressure on hurts to make and create plays. He isn’t really that bad of a qb imo

I like Hurts as a developmental prospect. He's just going to need to go to the right team to be successful. You don't put up 5,000+ yards and 52 TD's on a playoff team without being a dynamic player. The only thing is though, as Ted Nguyen said, if you're going to draft him and want him to start, you're going to have to implement a similar type of system to what Baltimore does with Lamar Jackson. But Hurts simply isn't as athletic or dynamic as Jackson. 

I think Hurts could have some success with us though. We'll have a good OL, we should have a dynamic WR with the addition of a high pick rookie, Waller, and a really good running game. If he came here he'd be going into a similar situation like Dak did when he got drafted by the Cowboys. 

2 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

So what are the chances Tua falls due to injury concerns, and at what point does reward outweigh risk?

I still just can't see the Chargers passing on him at #6. With Taylor there they don't have to rush him into playing and they can use their 2nd round pick on the BPA OT. Bryan Bulaga and Trai Turner were both excellent picks up for them and with the addition of someone like Ezra Cleveland or Austin Jackson at #37 their offensive line would be pretty damn good. 

Taking a chance on Tua would excite their fanbase going into their new stadium. And with an improved OL if he's actually good their offense could be elite with Ekeler, Allen, Henry, and Williams. 

If Cam Akers or Gibson are gone by the mid 3rd wouldn't mind 

Deejay Dallas in the late 4th with a trade down for another pick. The U been known for Rbs. Good Vision, Good Size, good burst, can catch, can return, new position as he played WR, good athlete. One of the top prep QBs, his best football ahead of him, and has low mileage. I would put him in the same tier as Zach Moss/AJ Dillion

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/4/15/21222885/nfl-draft-rumors-eagles-aggressively-pursuing-trade-up-ceedee-lamb-oklahoma-wide-receiver-wr-2020

Tordy adds that the Carolina Panthers at No. 7 and the Las Vegas Raiders at No. 12 are two potential landing spots to watch when it comes to the Eagles moving up.

No idea if it's a reliable source.

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

You know though, maybe it’s because I’m a jaded raider fan but i could see the Raiders trading down from 12 and missing those guys. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

You know though, maybe it’s because I’m a jaded raider fan but i could see the Raiders trading down from 12 and missing those guys. 

I'm ready for anything. I believe in the rumor about the Raiders interest in Reagor so if he's the WR they want they can trade down from 12 to get more picks. A fair trade (according to the value chart) with Phi could land us 21, 53 and 145 or 146 for 12.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I still just can't see the Chargers passing on him at #6. With Taylor there they don't have to rush him into playing and they can use their 2nd round pick on the BPA OT. Bryan Bulaga and Trai Turner were both excellent picks up for them and with the addition of someone like Ezra Cleveland or Austin Jackson at #37 their offensive line would be pretty damn good. 

Taking a chance on Tua would excite their fanbase going into their new stadium. And with an improved OL if he's actually good their offense could be elite with Ekeler, Allen, Henry, and Williams. 

Tula getting injured again ( which is a certainty )will get everybody fired.

I think the Raiders have a real shot at him at 12.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Tula getting injured again ( which is a certainty )will get everybody fired.

I think the Raiders have a real shot at him at 12.

If your first point is true, why would the Raiders want him?

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I'm ready for anything. I believe in the rumor about the Raiders interest in Reagor so if he's the WR they want they can trade down from 12 to get more picks. A fair trade (according to the value chart) with Phi could land us 21, 53 and 145 or 146 for 12.

I don’t want the Raiders to get cute unless there’s a blue chip guy. Thinking a guy might be there in the 3rd is foolish, all it takes is some team to surprise you and take your guy. If you have a shot at the big three I say you take one and don’t look back. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I don’t want the Raiders to get cute unless there’s a blue chip guy. 

Me either. 

I would prefer Lamb/Jeudy, then look for a small move from 19 to gain another 3rd etc.

Think the CBs we like will be there in late 1st.