Raiders sign OG Richie Incognito

agarcia34

7 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Tired of the double speak. Honestly drives my interest in the team down. You can’t go around saying you want high character guys with Incognito and Burfict on your roster.

This is your problem. Stop listening to what the coaches and front office are saying in the media. This league is built on deceit. You put all your cards on the table you are asking to be eaten alive week in and week out. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Old guys in their 30s always look good in the summer.. the physical nature of the NFL tone starts to take its tone on their bodies  in the winter... always nice to have depth 

What the .... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

What the .... 

I guess every 31 year old NFL player should just retire now.  They're almost senile as it is.  With at least two hip replacements.  Run the 40 in 3 days.  Think audible means something you can eat (edible).

2 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Ahaha! You’re killing me! Old guys in their 30’s that can compete at any level. This guy is priceless. Not sure what’s going up stairs

Sensitive Raider fans lol... I’m talking about football not life.... it’s an accomplishment for a player to play in the league 8 years until the age of 30. Even more rare to play at peak level well into your 30s 

10 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I kind of agree, but I think the difference might be that they want to draft the high character guy's who will be with the team long term, and then these guy's are 1 year rentals to teach younger guy's and may not even make it through cuts.

I hear your point (as well as @NightTrainLane's) but feel like the approach is a bit....counter-intuitive to be polite.

I am all for signing guys with some character deficiencies that can play but Incognito has a little Barret Robbins and Romanowski in him.  Hopefully the right mixture will give us Wiz 1.0.  Might be a little be a little volatile with Burufict.  They could also be exactly what the team needs and I am wrong.  With the new personalities we have the makings of a good football movie.  We need to be on Hard Knocks now.

16 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I hear your point (as well as @NightTrainLane's) but feel like the approach is a bit....counter-intuitive to be polite.

It's about weighing the risk vs the reward and balancing what you want vs what you need.

Sure, it would be great if we could have gotten a MLB and a OG that are starting caliber and totally fit the character and foundation the team is trying to lay out for the future but it's not a perfect world. Holding the front office to the everything they say in a complete manner is a fools errand, in the sense that, no one logically speaks in absolutes (enter Sith joke here).

We all know the issues these guys have. I have made it clear how I feel about VB and I think Ritchie is similar in line stepping behavior. But they are being held to a high standard and it has been made very clear, through what they have been told and the deals they have signed, that if they become a problem then they are gone and made an example of what happens when you don't meet expectations set out for you. If they succeed, it was a worth while gamble and shows that the team is serious about winning. If they weren't they'd just roll with Good and our young LBs. Can't fault the logic here even if I don't like the package it's delivered in.

Edited by NightTrainLane

@NightTrainLane I see it very similarly. I just don’t think the risk outweighs the reward.

Do I think the young guys will suddenly become corrupted from being around these clowns? No. Do I think this will absolutely blow up in our faces? Not necessarily. Do I think the potential reward of a Starting OG and MLB is worth sending mixed signals and effectively compromising your leadership’s integrity in an almost completely new locker room? Nope. I know I’m being a negative Nancy but I think we had a chance to get away from the two faced perception that Gruden cultivated in our own locker room last year. Sending mixed signals like this for the poster boy of idiots who at most is going to be serviceable and has no future at this age just isn’t worth it to me. 

@raidr4life I think this covers my reply to you as well 

• Like 3